detroittigerfan

SEPTEMBER, 2014 SUCCESSES

Former Tiger Manager JIM LEYLAND signed a baseball for me after the WhiteCaps game last night. LUKE PUTKONEN (currently with the Caps on a rehab assignment) signed a WhiteCaps program. Former Tiger BRUCE FIELDS and obviously current Caps pitching coach MIKE HENNEMAN were other Tigers in attendance. All were willing to sign and I expect all to be at the game tonight, which is the deciding game in the first round of playoffs.

It is also possible that Tiger pitcher KEVIN WHELAN could be in attendance at the game tonight. It is common for former WhiteCaps to show up in the post-season when their team is no longer in the playoffs.

From Detroittigerfan: The Chairman of the Board of "The Burns Card Company" and its two subsidiaries, Burns Custom Cards and the Burns Mega Set, has done it again. He turn my plain index cards into one of a kind, Tiger cards, by burning an image of both the player and either Navin Field, Briggs Stadium, or Tiger Stadium on the index card. Thank you, davidsb!!! Below are his most recent masterpieces; I think Sisler, Souchock, Desautels, Sisler, Shoop, and Sleater are deceased.

scan0003_Page_1_zpse3601ff8.jpg

scan0003_Page_2_zps229a23b7.jpg

In today's mail, from my Colorado trading partner, I received ALEX GONZALEZ, RAJAI DAVIS, JOAKIM SORIA, and JIM JOHNSON.

The latter two cards were of players that I did not have, while the first two were upgrades of what I already had.

Thank you, Michael!

A good day for autographs yesterday!

After getting RUPERT JONES in my '84 Tiger SABR book at Redford, I got the following before the Tiger game:

OMAR VIZQUEL: 2014 Tiger Yearbook and his '89 Topps rookie card

ROBBIE RAY: 2014 Tiger Yearbook and a card

JAMES MCCANN: 2014 Tiger Yearbook

STEPHEN MOYA: 2014 Tiger Yearbook

EUGENIO SUAREZ: 2014 Tiger Yearbook

DARNELL COLES: 2014 Tiger Yearbook

Obviously, the call-ups are much more willing to sign, although I did see Victor Martinez sign for awhile.

Edited by detroittigerfan

Earlier this week I made a trade with my friend in the Pittsburgh area and added a couple Tigers: RAJAI DAVIS x2, DAVID WELLS, and LLOYD McCLENDON. None of these are Tigers cards, but I had not had them until now.

Yesterday at the Tigers game, the players were not out much before game time so I perched out at the very empty KC side pregame. With me and one other person, the two guys that had RBIs for KC signed for us: Lorenzo Cain and OMAR INFANTE. Jarrod Dyson, Terrance Gore, and Eric Kratz as signed for the crowds once they were a little larger, but I did not bother with them as I had nothing that I wanted signed by them.

RUSTY KUNTZ also stopped to talk to fans, but nobody recognized him as other than coach (asking for baseballs from his bag), and I finally noticed "KUNTZ" on the side of his '14 ASG bag as he was leaving. He was very good spirited as I hear he always is.

The Tigers did not remove fans from the rails until 15 mins before game time, but only Rajai Davis signed maybe a dozen so no big loss there. Also nobody stopped on there way out of the parking garage after the game, but at least I got to see JV's Lamborghini! :P

Edited by Zack attack

Rusty is one of the last players I need from the 84 team. Didnt sound like he was signing, but I think I've heard that he generally does before games. I think that's the only way I'll ever get him because he sure as heck doesn't do shows.

I had him sign my 84 cards TTM. I sent them to him c/o the Royals. I got them back in a few weeks, and they looked great.

Rusty is one of the last players I need from the 84 team. Didnt sound like he was signing, but I think I've heard that he generally does before games. I think that's the only way I'll ever get him because he sure as heck doesn't do shows.

I had him sign my 84 cards TTM. I sent them to him c/o the Royals. I got them back in a few weeks, and they looked great.

I was able to make an arrangement via a consigner on SCN to have Rusty sign my 84 team ball and SS a ball for me w/ the 84 WSC inscription. I think it cost me $20 plus shipping.

^I did something very similar. I found a KC grapher a few years back who got 2 or 3 items signed for me by Kuntz (I think it was a 50/50 arrangement or $10-$15 per item). I then finished my 2-3 team signed items in person at a Tigers-Royals game at Comerica Park 4-5 years ago. He was a very willing signer and did multiples without issue.

^I did something very similar. I found a KC grapher a few years back who got 2 or 3 items signed for me by Kuntz (I think it was a 50/50 arrangement or $10-$15 per item). I then finished my 2-3 team signed items in person at a Tigers-Royals game at Comerica Park 4-5 years ago. He was a very willing signer and did multiples without issue.

That's great to know-thanks for the input guys. I have a team signed item that I'd prefer not to send, but it's small enough that I could certainly get it to the park. I'll have to find him next year when they're back in town.

Paul Noce signed four rookie cards for me.

Mr. Noce had a career with the Cubs and Reds. Mostly with the Cubs he backed up Sandberg. He actually lives in Adrian Michigan and his sons play on the same adult baseball team as me. He comes to a lot of our games and umpires for us on occasion. He was the head baseball coach at Hillsdale College prior to this year.

Well, somehow today I noticed I had all ready created some custom cards that I also coincidently had a index card for so I mated them together. Here they are, this post and next:

313459.jpg313460.jpg313461.jpg

313462.jpg313463.jpg