davidsb

08/21/2014: Detroit Tigers (Price) at Tampa Bay Rays (Cobb) - 1:10p

Gives up 1 hit and loses. Jesus. The Suarez error was the game.

All the chance to get the ball rolling again and Price is the only one to show up to play.

Suarez had half the offense. Also made the error :confused:

Yep... this team is frustrating. Too inconsistent and an offense that was supposed to be our strong point. We knew going into the season we had a weak bullpen, but we had this dynamite offense. We get lackluster at bats too often this year.

They had their chances and **** the bed. They don't deserve to make the playoffs. And Price obviously can't win big games in a pennant race. Nice trade Dumbo.

Joke right? Did you watch or listen or just hear they lost? He pitched a game with zero earned runs through 8.

I remember watching a slow motion replay of a Mark Teixera AB where he got a fastball straight down the middle. His eyes got really big and, of course, he hit it over the fence. People don't always appreciate how hard it is to accurately hit a round ball with a round bat.

Are you excusing this joke of an offense?

Keith Law hates the Tigers

TJ (Detroit)

Around here there is a lot of talk about Nick Castellanos being terrible. To me it seems like he is doing what one would reasonably expect from a 22-year old rookie moving back to his former (and tougher) defensive position. What says Klaw- disappointed in his season or this is what you expected?

Klaw (1:53 PM)

I'm fine with it. Still think he's going to be an above-average regular or a star.

And Price obviously can't win big games in a pennant race. Nice trade Dumbo.

You are kidding, right?

Joke right? Did you watch or listen or just hear they lost? He pitched a game with zero earned runs through 8.
You are kidding, right?

Yes and yes.

Cabrera *singles* off the wall. Hilarious and irritating at the same time.

When his two best hitters are a couple of the slowest runners in baseball, game management becomes all the more challenging for Ausmus. I figured he would pull Miggy for Carrera, but then, what happens if the game is tied? Extra innings without Miggy, not so good. Darned difficult dilemma for Brad.

I fully expect the Tigers to lose 3 of 4 to the Twins this weekend. No sarcasm.

I fully expect the Tigers to lose 3 of 4 to the Twins this weekend. No sarcasm.

Since his team decided to waste the best pitching performance we've witnessed since Verlander's last no-hitter, I hope Ausmus let Price take batting practice on his teammates' faces with a tire iron after that embarrassment. Talk about pathetic.

Just, we have two rookies and Verlander going this weekend. I would so much love to be surprised.

Sept 1st cant come soon enough so they can get Moya and Mccann up, even though they should be up now. Moya now with 33 HR. Mccann with a .791 ops.

Cabrera *singles* off the wall. Hilarious and irritating at the same time.

At the game today. Cabrera hit the ball so hard off the wall it was in the fielders glove before he reached 1st base.

When I checked the score on my phone at work it looked like the Tigers had won 8-1. Great, I thought. But I wasn't wearing my glasses.

so from that list I get 15 that were also complete games by the losing pitcher. This is only the 4th since the 60's. Best one on the list is the Bob Hendley who gave up one unearned on 1 hit and only one walk only to be facing Sandy Koufax in one of his no-hitters!

Nuttiest one is the most recent, Andy Hawkins 7/1/90, gave up 4 unearned runs on 4 walks and NO HITS and lost.

But 24 yrs since this last happened.

Edited by Gehringer_2

When I checked the score on my phone at work it looked like the Tigers had won 8-1. Great, I thought. But I wasn't wearing my glasses.

apparently also true of the Tiger hitters...

See? When you were 12 and your mom was yelling at you to unlock the bathroom door, this is exactly what she was talking about.

Sept 1st cant come soon enough so they can get Moya and Mccann up, even though they should be up now. Moya now with 33 HR. Mccann with a .791 ops.

Why? Even if they do call them up assmunch won't play them.