KCPowercat

So, we're new to this in KC, what do we do with our hands?

Totally realize this sudden division race might not be optimal for you guys but you can probably understand, the KC fans (including me) are both excited and at the same time have no idea what we are doing given our inexperience in this situation....any fan under 40 in KC can only remember briefly sniffing a chase once/twice.

So just wanted to pass along that while I haven't visited this site as much as I've wanted over the years, I had a great time in your city about one year ago in that late summer series, may the best team win...and the 2nd best team get the wild card.

Would love to break down teams/series/strengths in this thread if possible...

Cheers.

troll_in_tha_dungeon_by_emosnoflakegrl99-d53ukl1.jpg

Kidding. But haven't you heard? Round these parts the Tigers are the Astros. Have fun in the playoffs!

Good luck to you guys! I love when teams that haven't been there in forever do well. It's good for baseball, for sure. I just hope if you guys do win the division it's because you deserve to win it (91+ wins) and not just because the Tigers played terrible.

Either way, soak it in! I'm sure you're having a blast.

Welcome back KCPowercat! Savor the privilege of having a good team to follow without feeling entitled to rule the four corners of the earth. We Tiger fans have not always handled the privilege of our expanded expectations with the grace that it demands. And it's not like I'm pointing fingers; we all do it. Except for Lee Panas; he ciphers too well to fall into that trap.

For years me and many tigers fans knew that eventually the royals would be a force. But the ironic thing is, is that's its not because of their system like we all thought. Guys like hosmer, moose, Duffy, Montgomery, and ventura are contributing very little. Its the other guys that have been keys to your success.

The Royals are my second favorite team so if they end up in the playoffs I'll be extremely happy. Bonus time would be both teams making it of course.

Enjoy the run. A lot of Tigers fans have become spoiled and are looking past the regular season (which is the same thing they used to chide Yankees fans about).

No offense, but I hope you lose because winning most likely means the Tigers missed the playoffs and I do not want to even think about that with this team/payroll. If you are good enough to get the wild card then go for it, but the division is ours.

Royals have won something like 11 of 12 or 13. That trend can't continue. But I do think they can play good ball the rest of the way. The Tigers finally feel the heat, maybe it will get everyone on the same page.

This weekend I will be cheering for the Twins.

My advice is enjoy this moment right now as much as you can because if indeed the Royals finally live up to expectations and become a perennial contender the pressure mounts and as a fan it becomes somewhat less enjoyable. For many Tiger fans 2006 was the peak even though the team lost the WS.

Get excited, but remember to stay grateful that your team is playing meaningful baseball in September and beyond. I am not optimistic about the Royals' ability to be a perennial contender personally.

I don't understand the question. What do you do? You watch the games and hope your team wins. When your team doesn't win, get really depressed. When the team you are in the race with wins, get really depressed. When you lose and the other team wins, start rethinking all of your life choices up to this point. When you win and the other team loses, consider that life is a beautiful thing and reflect on how perfect the world is.

The Royals are my second favorite team so if they end up in the playoffs I'll be extremely happy. Bonus time would be both teams making it of course.

Enjoy the run. A lot of Tigers fans have become spoiled and are looking past the regular season (which is the same thing they used to chide Yankees fans about).

Tigers fans have become spoiled..... You hear this a lot now that we've been awful for a few months, and I cannot agree. I'm sure there are a few vocal morons who act this way, but....

1. The Tigers have set this tone from the beginning. Ownership talks BOLDLY, all the time, about this club being built to win a championship. They said it all last year and all this year. Dombrowski has set the expectation as World Series or bust. I honestly believe that most Tiger fans take with them a heavy heart full of doubt and second guessing. Ownership is to blame, if what you say is true about fans being spoiled. I disagree.

2. Given the ownership expectations, the ways in which the tigers have lost has been completely unacceptable. I don't expect them to go 162-0. I DO expect them to win a game when they have the lead in the 9th inning. I do expect them to have a bullpen that keeps the games close, whereas too many times this year we've seen our bullpen give up 5, 6, or 7 plus runs to turn a close game into a blowout.

I have reasonable expectations for this team, and have been pessimistic all year about their odds in the playoffs. The anger and frustration I feel now comes not from a place of entitlement, but is a reaction to absolutely pitiful baseball being played by a team I love, which was billed to me as a "championship club".

Not the fans fault.

When someone on your team does something good, you extend them out in front of your torso and strike them against each other rapidly.

When your SS throws the ball into the dugout, just sit on them.

Enjoy it now, especially if you make it to the playoffs. You never know when that moment will come again. Three division championships in a row raise expectations way too much, even for level headed people. At some point, it's World Series win or bust.

My advice is enjoy this moment right now as much as you can because if indeed the Royals finally live up to expectations and become a perennial contender the pressure mounts and as a fan it becomes somewhat less enjoyable. For many Tiger fans 2006 was the peak even though the team lost the WS.

Right. I've known this to be the case, but now I know how it actually feels.

I don't understand the question. What do you do? You watch the games and hope your team wins. When your team doesn't win, get really depressed. When the team you are in the race with wins, get really depressed. When you lose and the other team wins, start rethinking all of your life choices up to this point. When you win and the other team loses, consider that life is a beautiful thing and reflect on how perfect the world is.

It was a joke...like a teenager in an awkward situation not knowing what to do.

Great showing in Tampa by you guys....you winning early and us playing late gets us all antsy.

I doubt anybody wants to know what I did with my hands when I was an awkward teenager.

Come to think of it, it really isn't that different than what I do with 'em as an over the hill middle aged guy, except when I was a teenager I foolishly thought I wouldn't need to do that anymore once I became an adult.

I know you guys have 2 more innings to finish off this SF series but.....here we got the first of two big series tomorrow. Good luck to you guys.

I'm guessing you take tomorrow and Tuesday and we take the finale on Wednesday. Wish this wasn't a weekday series, would have definitely made it back to Detroit and take in the series...closest thing we've had to a post season in a LONG time.

We're on pins and needles to hear the results of Danny Duffy's MRI this afternoon....which would affect the series in KC.

I know you guys have 2 more innings to finish off this SF series but.....here we got the first of two big series tomorrow. Good luck to you guys.

I'm guessing you take tomorrow and Tuesday and we take the finale on Wednesday. Wish this wasn't a weekday series, would have definitely made it back to Detroit and take in the series...closest thing we've had to a post season in a LONG time.

We're on pins and needles to hear the results of Danny Duffy's MRI this afternoon....which would affect the series in KC.

Welp, holding true so far....just not how I would have imagined it. I haven't seen us play defense this poorly two games in a row all season.