davidsb

08/11/2014: Detroit Tigers (Verlander) at Pittsburgh Pirates (Locke) - 7:05p

What the heck is wrong with Diva JV?

I just don't understand how anyone could call Verlander a diva. He's never missed a start and from 2009-2013 he was the best righty in the game. He's the first to spring training every year and he's taken the ball in some big games and come up huge. He's pretty clearly trying to pitch through an injury right now. That's not being a diva. It's being dumb, but it's also being a workhorse.

This team really is falling apart. As much as I disliked Leyland we never saw stuff like that going on.

It's at the point that it wouldn't shock me if Leyland left Pittsburgh with the team as the new Mgr.

I must admit, I did like the emotion from JV. No matter what the reason he sucks, it's not because he's not caring.

Verlander clearly pissed back in the dugout. Nice to see some type of emotion at least.

If he had entered the game with the energy level he left the mound at the end of the inning with, he probably would not have gotten hit around as much. At any rate he is out now so something was going on.

He left Verlander in not because he was still capable of pitching, but because he WANTED to bunt in the 2nd inning while down 4 runs

I just freaking love this guy

I dont understand baseball anymore. Nothing about it. It's rugby to me.

Ok, now I'm convinced Brad Assmunch is a ****ing moron. So he has Justin bunt with runners on 1st and 2nd, wasting an out. And then he relieves him!!

I've never seen this kind of horrid managing in all my years of watching the Tigers. Ever.

I just don't understand how anyone could call Verlander a diva. He's never missed a start and from 2009-2013 he was the best righty in the game. He's the first to spring training every year and he's taken the ball in some big games and come up huge. He's pretty clearly trying to pitch through an injury right now. That's not being a diva. It's being dumb, but it's also being a workhorse.

Agree with all those points. Still a diva.

Explain to me why, if you knew JV wasn't coming back out, you wouldn't pinch hit his spot in the lineup with someone that can hit...?

Not sure anyone can argue at this point against part of this being Ausmus' fault.

Huh? Ausmus didn't must come in with no stuff or command, or whiff at a ground ball at 1st or not pick up a ball in CF or not run fast enough to beat a throw.

Now if he let JV talk him into a start when it turns out that he had the flu or something, then OK, we'll blame that on Brad.

If he had entered the game with the energy level he left the mound at the end of the inning with, he probably would not have gotten hit around as much. At any rate he is out now so something was going on.

Ausmus might as well publicly say FU to the Verlander family. I think the post game interviews may be best part if this game.

The crowd noise from pittsburgh on the TV broadcast is so noisy...the radio broadcast is less irksome.

Agree with all those points. Still a diva.

Every player in MLB is a diva, and they pretty much all have been since like 1908 or so if you go by this definition

Huh? Ausmus didn't must come in with no stuff or command, or whiff at a ground ball at 1st or not pick up a ball in CF or not run fast enough to beat a throw.

Now if he let JV talk him into a start when it turns out that he had the flu or something, then OK, we'll blame that on Brad.

Well, he just bunted with 2 on and 0 out down 4 runs

that was probably Verlander's fault too though, I bet Brad gave him the HR sign and he hot dogged it by dropping down a selfish bunt

Explain to me why, if you knew JV wasn't coming back out, you wouldn't pinch hit his spot in the lineup with someone that can hit...?

Because Brad Assmunch is a ****ing idiot. Did you see all that confusion in the dugout? Nobody knows what's going on. Whatever you could say about Leyland, that kind of stuff never happened when he was skipper

didn't want to waste a PH so early in the game, because you know runs are worth more when scored later in the game.