davidsb

08/10/2014: Detroit Tigers (Price) at Toronto Blue Jays (Buehrle) - 1:07p

From the Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, it is the...

15585298-mmmain.jpg

DETROIT TIGERS

visiting the

Toronto Blue Jays

Pitching Match-up

David Price (11-8, 3.11 era) vs Mark Buehrle (11-8, 3.27 era)

28958.png&w=350&h=2544454.png&w=350&h=254

Happy birthday to these former Tigers:

Jeff Frazier 32, josh Anderson 32, Brandon Lyon 35, Tom Brookens 61, Rocky Colavito 81

FoxSportsDetroit.png

Lynn G. Henning ‏@Lynn_Henning 41s

We'll get an update on Sanchez in about 35 minutes. Best-case scenario for Tigers: It's indeed pectoralitis. Will miss a handful of starts.

Please make it quick. Just don't shoot me in the face Mr. Corleone! Think of my family. Just promise me it can be an open casket funeral!

Lynn G. Henning ‏@Lynn_Henning 6m

For what it's worth -- and on a personal level it's worth everything: No closer has been more accountable or more stand-up than Joe Nathan.

Lynn G. Henning ‏@Lynn_Henning 6m

For what it's worth -- and on a personal level it's worth everything: No closer has been more accountable or more stand-up than Joe Nathan.

Is Henning sniffing glue? It's just the opposite

Is Henning sniffing glue? It's just the opposite

Henning is just saying he is nice to the post game reporters. In Henning's world I guess he would rather have Joe Nathan in his dotage on his team than Jack Morris or Steve Carlton in their primes.

Jason Beck ‏@beckjason 6m

#Tigers lineup: Davis cf, Kinsler 2b, Cabrera 1b, VMart dh, Hunter rf, JDMart lf, Castellanos 3b, Avila c, Romine ss. Price p.

Henning is just saying he is nice to the post game reporters. In Henning's world I guess he would rather have Joe Nathan in his dotage on his team than Jack Morris or Steve Carlton in their primes.

honestly... why wouldn't he? Speaking from a selfish stand point. He's not supposed to be a fan so what difference does it make if they win or not? If the player makes it easier for him to do his job then naturally that'd be his preference.

@HookSlideBYB: June 17: DET falls 1/2 game behind KCR. A little more than a week later, DET owns 4 1/2 game lead over KCR. #HistoryFTW

Posting from the future:

Some made up date that I don't remember: KCR falls 6 and 1/2 game behind DET. A little more than a month later, KCR owns....

honestly... why wouldn't he? Speaking from a selfish stand point. He's not supposed to be a fan so what difference does it make if they win or not? If the player makes it easier for him to do his job then naturally that'd be his preference.

Yep. When I vote its for the candidates that answer my phone calls.

Good things happen on Sundays. The literal hand of God will intervene in this game. It will be reviewed and reversed unfortunately.

Yep. When I vote its for the candidates that answer my phone calls.

A sportswriter doesn't vote.

This is a correct analysis - but it highlights why it is irrelevant for Henning to report his feelings on that matter to the fans. We don't care about your job effort Lynn. :laugh: