MDMAzing

Is there a worse manager in the league?

How many games is this ****ing moron going to cost this team? I dont even care if they win today, this **** has happened all too often. Pulling MAx at 106 pitches, while he is dealing, to go to the worst closer in the league is just unreal. He should be fired on that move alone. Does he honestly think Max cant go more than 106? This isnt the ****ing little leagues. I was so on board with hiring Ausmus, but boy was i wrong. This experiment needs to end at the end of the season.

We have no idea how Max was feeling. He could have told Ausmus he was done. I don't agree with going to or sticking with Nathan but let's not assume Max was going to have a shutdown 9th.

It's been a bit more than half a season and the Tigers are in first. How is Ausmus a bust and why would it make sense to fire him?

I thought Ausmus was going to come in and do things differently. But aside from the shifts, which are cool, he's about the most paint-by-numbers guy there is. No feel for making pitching changes. I feel like he doesn't put people in a position to succeed. Leyland was better at that, for the most part.

Difference between now and what was being said when he was hired is night and day. You can say all the right things in an interview and be really bad at the actual job. Is it ever worth hiring someone with no managerial experience? I'm not talking W-L records but at least you can look at decisions they've made. Maybe once in a while a team gets lucky and it pays off.

I admit that I really liked the hire originally, I thought that he would take a more metric based approach and would be "new school" and radical. But he has been the complete opposite. He really has been terrible and if there is a worse manager I would hate to see it.

I admit that I really liked the hire originally, I thought that he would take a more metric based approach and would be "new school" and radical. But he has been the complete opposite. He really has been terrible and if there is a worse manager I would hate to see it.

He doesn't need to be radical, he just needs to not be ****ing stupid.

I thought he would at least have a respect for modern numbers, which would help alleviate any mistakes due to inexperience, but his horrendous love for baserunning shows that not to be the case, and he's done little to show any knowledge of on base percentage or playing the numbers reasonably with bunting.

Add that to some horrendous bullpen management and you have quite a manager.

I kept reading how smart Ausmus is but I never heard him being baseball smart. It was always because he went to Dartmouth.

He was regarded as a very smart catcher who knew how to handle pitchers. All the other stuff about his being stat savvy and innovative was just assumed by media and fans.

Well said.

I kept reading how smart Ausmus is but I never heard him being baseball smart. It was always because he went to Dartmouth.

And have you seen Dartmouth's baseball team? Yikes!

I think this kind of guy, a paint by numbers guy, if you will is what DD was looking for. He was looking for someone to play the percentages like Leyland and he found him.

Ausmus lacks JL's experience and doesn't seem to make any "gut" moves.

I think this kind of guy, a paint by numbers guy, if you will is what DD was looking for. He was looking for someone to play the percentages like Leyland and he found him.

Ausmus lacks JL's experience and doesn't seem to make any "gut" moves.

I prefer to play the odds. I hate gut moves. They're gut moves because they go against the odds, which by definition means they'll be wrong more often than not.

The problem isn't playing percentages. It's that he somehow has no idea when to pull his pitchers, and refuses to have someone ready in case a certain reliever fails. I'm not sure how many times he needs to fail there to change his ways, but it needs to happen soon.

Per Jason Beck. After the game Scherzer said, "I was done. There is nothing else to say. We're not going to play second guess the manager. I was done."........Ausmus said he took him out "because he was spent."

Pitcher will always say that. Or nice guys like max will. he was only at 106.

The thing is, I think just about everybody and their grandmother thought that if Max didn't finish this game, Soria would come into the game in the 9th. Nathan threw a ton of pitches less than 20 hours before. Why the **** was Soria not used? I think this improper usage may have also been a factor in him getting injured.

Pitcher will always say that. Or nice guys like max will. he was only at 106.

No they don't. Sometimes 106 is enough on a hot day. I'm sure Ausmus would have loved for Scherzer to go back out there the way he was pitching. But of course he is stupid. :)

Yes. I honestly believe Scherzer when he said he was done. I think that's why he threw 97 in that last inning. He knew it was his last inning. He was giving it everything he had left in the tank.

Also...I would like to point out that if Scherzer went back out for the 9th and blew it, you would've heard "Why did he leave him in the game? He was already over a hundred pitches!"

EDIT: And no. I do not miss Leyland.:disappnt:

No they don't. Sometimes 106 is enough on a hot day. I'm sure Ausmus would have loved for Scherzer to go back out there the way he was pitching. But of course he is stupid. :)

It wasn't a hot day. It was in the low 70s with a breeze coming off the lake.

I dont believe Max for one second. He just doesnt want to throw that clown under the bus. He had 8 stress free innings, ******** he was done.