Biff Mayhem

Detroit Tigers trade Adames, Smyly and Jackson for David Price

Jackson will be back in town in a few weeks and they can do it then, if this is a thing that's actually important to them and not just to some random fan.

I do not know what is important to them or not. That is how I would feel about it. And by time he comes back he is going to be getting to know his new team mates...not sure if it is the best time to go hang with the team he is playing.

They only have him for 3 months, and talent like Adames has been pretty scarce for the Tigers.

Price is under contract for next year. At worst Tigers get a year plus of Price and a draft pick.

They only have him for 3 months, and talent like Adames has been pretty scarce for the Tigers.

Incorrect. He's signed through 2015.

Didn't want to deal Adames, but didn't think there was any chance they were going to get Price.

Dave Cameron has a piece up suggesting the Tigers use Verlander as the Giants used Lincecum in the 2012 postseason, as a 2ip at a time weapon. Unless he comes back really strong at the end of the year, I like it.

Tigers See the A’s Jon Lester, Raise Them David Price | FanGraphs Baseball

Now go out and sign the Cuban, Rusney Castillo and stick him in CF.

Dick Vitale ‏@DickieV 4m

I AM SICK over losing @DAVIDprice14 - 5 games out of playoffs -Wow wonder what @RaysJoeMaddon feel

Comon' Dicky he's going to your old town. It's all good.

So Shelton should be the happiest poster here with Jackson being gone.

MLB Network made an awesome point...Jackson could play for Seattle tonight as they are in Cleveland.

Hopefully he does well too.

I heard "Price to the Tigers" on the radio on the way home, without hearing what they gave up. For the rest of the way home, I'm thinking "I don't even care who they gave up". And when it's Smyly, Jackson and Adames, now I'm thinking that there's no way that that could be true. It's just amazingly good, or so it seems right now.

This doesn't make any sense at all. With Price at his absolute peak value, that's all they could get? Smyly, Nick Franklin, and Adames? If I were a Rays fan I'd be going berserk right now especially after Billy Beane gave up Cespedes' entire remaining career for 2 months of Jon Lester. I understand that Cespedes is 28 and seems to be regressing, but still.

It's a seller's market for Pete's sake. That's all the Rays could get?

I heard "Price to the Tigers" on the radio on the way home, without hearing what they gave up. For the rest of the way home, I'm thinking "I don't even care who they gave up". And when it's Smyly, Jackson and Adames, now I'm thinking that there's no way that that could be true. It's just amazingly good, or so it seems right now.

This doesn't make any sense at all. With Price at his absolute peak value, that's all they could get? Smyly, Nick Franklin, and Adames? If I were a Rays fan I'd be going berserk right now especially after Billy Beane gave up Cespedes' entire remaining career for 2 months of Jon Lester. I understand that Cespedes is 28 and seems to be regressing, but still.

It's a seller's market for Pete's sake. That's all the Rays could get?

Didn't the A's give up some good prospects for Samardzija? It seems like the Rays got a much better haul for Shields than Price.

So Shelton should be the happiest poster here with Jackson being gone.

Pretty much. I love this deal.

They should require guys to sit out the day after a trade.

AJ has been around awhile. I know it is a business, but he still made friends in that club house. They are together more than they are with their families or best friends. They should be required to sit so the team or players from the team that he was close with can take him out for dinner and a few drinks after the trade is announced.

Dumb. This is a business, and Austin has a chance to play tonight in Cleveland. This would never be a "required" thing.

Yeah Carrera is gonna get a big chance. Crazy to think we may go into the playoffs with JD, Castellanos and Carrera on the starting roster.

So does David Price coming on board help or hurt the Tigers chances or interest in resigning Max Scherzer for next year?

Wow. Seems like a good deal all around. Sounds like a much better return than Robby Ray, Krol, and a utility infielder for Tampa.

Dombrowski:

Carrera from Toledo. McCoy off DL to Detroit. Krol to Toledo.

should have been to the DL, there is something wrong with that boy. I'm guessing that will still be the next thing we hear about Krol (dl that is).

So does David Price coming on board help or hurt the Tigers chances or interest in resigning Max Scherzer for next year?

I think this pretty much guarantees that Scherzer is gone.

Simple. If either signs a deal, the other will not be staying