davidsb

07/26/2014: Detroit Tigers (Verlander) at Los Angeles Angels (Shoemaker) - 9:05p

Is it embarrassing to give up the kid's first-ever home run at age 28 after 70 or so lifetime PAs?

Now a double. Might be a long day for JV if he doesn't find some more speed and better location.

This dude is throwing 92 mph fastballs with no movement at all. Just sit on them and we should have a fun night.

Did you get that from an angels board? Can you provide the link?

John MacDonald hitting, .175 average. I don't think I've ever seen in my life so many below Mendoza Line hitters playing so regularly in the majors.

So I guess you can review a play whenever you want. Longest delay of a challenge I've seen.

Shoemaker threw over 1 pitch again BEFORE he challenged the call. Therefore, the review should have been viewed as obsolete. Play had continued!

What was Ausmus mad about? He was out.

Was there a long delay before Scoscia came out or something? I missed what transpired before they actually went into review.

I think Ausmus was angry at the fact that they let him challenge after so much time had passed.

What was Ausmus mad about? He was out.

Was there a long delay before Scoscia came out or something? I missed what transpired before they actually went into review.

I think its because play continued.

I feel like Joyce owes us tons of calls for his botching of AG's perfect game. I just cant let it go!
I hear you. He's the reason there are reviews now.

According to Dan and Jim, the rules say that the review must be requested before the batter is in the batter's box and the pitcher is set. But apparently Jackson and the pitcher were both ready. Therefore, the Angels should not have been able to request a review of the tag.