KleShreen

2014 Trade Deadline Chatter

Indians dealing themselves out seems like its all about money. The best manager in the World can keep a team going only so long with that sort of management.

lol, I guess. I'd love to see [Hessman] get a chance to hit a HR at Comerica this September.

Not to nitpick, but why? He hit three at Comerica in 2007 and four at Comerica in 2008....I'm not sure a home run at Comerica would be much of a novelty for him this year, or the fans.

I actually think the Indians are being smart. Masterson has always been a little overrated and has been bad and injured this year. He wasn't going to lead them anywhere this year. Cabrera has steadily declined to the point at which he is now just a 1-win player. Might as well get something for them both.

It's official. Cespedes to Boston. So the A's are banking on a world series this year.

I don't understand this move for the A's. Good take home for Boston, Cespedes will abuse the green monster.

Jeff PassanVerified account ‏@JeffPassan

Source: Boston also getting a competitive balance draft pick from Oakland. Boston will send cash to the A's.

I mean, its not a bad position to be in if you have the free agent money to spend to rebuild, a mature fan base and can trade away a bunch of stars for under control elite players.

Wow that is crazy if they did that..

Odd trade for Oakland, but they're obviously built to win this year... anything less than a WS for Oakland would be an upset. I think odds on favorite now?

Rotation:

Lester, Gray, Kazmir, Samardzija.

Makes a bit more sense now...

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 1m

Remember, Yoenis Cespedes is eligible for free agency after 2015 under the terms of his deal.

Gotta say, it sure is fun watching Beane sweating bullets and falling all over himself in a desperate attempt to win something for once. He is setting that team back years with some of these moves. Cespedes is the one guy in that lineup who I feared. Despite his .245ish average, he always seems to go 3 for 5 against us in key situations. Not to mention his arm and defense.

Lester pitching every five days and a few times in the postseason is a net loss considering that you are without Cespedes' day-to-day contributions.

Hammel has predictably reverted back to his atrocious AL self. Kazmir and Gray are about to pitch more innings than they have in many years (Kazmir) and ever (Gray).

I still say the Angels pass them, the A's end up in the wild card game and get bounced there.

Doesn't look like anyone is being held out at Toledo....

Toledo Mud Hens ‏@MudHens 4m

Tonight's starting 9: Carrera DH, Guez 7, McCann 2, Hessman 5, Collins 9, Perez 6, Lennerton 3, Fields 8, Douglas 4, Ray 1

Do you think any team that was looking for Tiger prospects would want anything from the Toledo level. It's the guys at Lakeland and West Michigan you need to look at.

I don't think it's a bad deal for Oakland. Oakland has a good offense and I don't think they will struggle without Cesspedes. Cesspedes only has one more year left on his contract.

Do you think any team that was looking for Tiger prospects would want anything from the Toledo level. It's the guys at Lakeland and West Michigan you need to look at.

I thought possibles in that lineup would be McCann, Perez, Ray depending on the deal.

I thought possibles in that lineup would be McCann, Perez, Ray depending on the deal.

Doesn't mean any can't be a late scratch.

I think the A's just got easier to beat in the playoffs. I hope the Angels pass them and the A's lose the one game playoff.

The A's outfield is now officially horrible. Crisp has an OBP of .372. The next highest is Gentry (a PT guy) at .326. Then Reddick at .301, Fuld at .273. Adding Gomes (an all-or-nothing guy) at .329 is laughable. I hope to god we see this team in the playoffs.