Any updates on his health? I saw pics from the '84 WS celebration yesterday and he looks terrible.

I haven't heard anything definitive. I barely recognized him yesterday, however. His eyes look so sunken. It is very apparent something has been going on with him. It's certainly non of our business, but hopefully whatever it is, he has it under control and it's nothing too serious. He's a great person, and one of the best baseball men you will ever meet. I admire him because he took a vested interest in his post baseball career and became very successful in the financial industry. Not enough players of that day focused on what they would do after the game. Today's players, if they invest wisely, never have to work a day after baseball, but the older guys did.

I never really said anything but I saw him at Fantasy Camp in January and he looked horrible. I assumed he was sick and did some Google searching with no definitive results. While everyone else was in uniform on the field he was sitting in the dugout in a hoodie. I didn't recognize him at all but he was still friendly to us and came over and autographed a card for the handful of us there.

According to yesterday's game thread, he was sick but is apparently getting better. Nobody really knows what it was.

Tracewski one of few guys... if only to have 2 ws rings from tigers?

Tracewski one of few guys... if only to have 2 ws rings from tigers?

Gator is in that small group I believe.

I was pretty surprised to see alex grammas was there too. He's 88 years old. He did an autograph signing here a year or two ago and I figured that would be the last time he'd be in town. Guess not...he actually looked better than dave. I hope those comments about dave are right and that whatever it is, he's on the mend. He's a great guy to talk to and is very active in the community. I didn't realize until recently that Joe Niekro was his best friend. Dave just did a charitable thing not too long ago for the Niekro aneursym foundation. Dave is actually chairman of the board of that foundation, a very worthy cause.