Sign in to follow this  
KleShreen

GCL Tigers 2014!

Didn't see a thread for this, so I thought I'd start one! I'm especially excited about this team because it contains a GVSU alum, as Giancarlo Brugnoni is one of two first basemen on the team.

After three games, the GCL Tigers are 1-2, and my boy Brugnoni went 2-for-4 in his debut on Saturday, but went 0-for-3 with a walk in Monday's game.

I'll update this thread periodically when Giancarlo does something awesome.

Oh, and first round pick Derek Hill is also on the team.

Hill has certainly picked it up and is raking now. After starting 1-for-10 with 4 BB and 3 K, he is 10-for-22 with 5 BB and 3 K in the next six games. On the year now, hitting .344 with 4 R, 1 2B, 2 3B, 4 RBI, 9 BB, 6 K, 2 SB, 1 CS. Hitting .333 off lefties and .355 off righties.

My boy Giancarlo Brugnoni had a MONSTER game for the GCL Tigers today. He finished 3-for-5 with three runs, a double, and a pair of solo home runs. Now leading the team in average (.412), OBP (.524), slugging (.824) and OPS (1.347).

I have a favor to ask. Does anyone on this board ever attend any GCL Tigers games? As part of my job, we are hoping to do an update on all of our professional players in affiliated ball this year, but it seems like pickings are thin for action shots of any GCL teams. Would anyone who is near the area be able to stop by and take an action shot of Giancarlo Brugnoni for me? We would give credit to whoever needed it on our website at gvsulakers.com.

Thanks if anyone could help!

I have a favor to ask. Does anyone on this board ever attend any GCL Tigers games? As part of my job, we are hoping to do an update on all of our professional players in affiliated ball this year, but it seems like pickings are thin for action shots of any GCL teams. Would anyone who is near the area be able to stop by and take an action shot of Giancarlo Brugnoni for me? We would give credit to whoever needed it on our website at gvsulakers.com.

Thanks if anyone could help!

I'll try to do some this season. Almost went today. A friend on Flickr (LakelandLocal) has done a few shoots there, but Tom does not caption his photos. https://www.flickr.com/photos/lakelandlocal/