davidsb

06/21/2014: Detroit Tigers (Verlander) at Cleveland Indians (Bauer) - 7:15p

JV is just cursed this year, no question about it.

But note - he threw it right over middle of the plate on 0-2 - STUPID

This has been a problem for JV. So many 0-2 pitches that catch way too much plate. He has to realize it, doesn't he?

0-2 and Verlander throws a hanging breaking ball right down the middle. On 0-2 you shouldn't throw anything near the heart of the plate.

I just don't understand how a guy can throw 5000 pitches over 8 yrs and not know better.

This has been a problem for JV. So many 0-2 pitches that catch way too much plate. He has to realize it, doesn't he?

I don't know, Jack Morris never did when he was in Det either.

I've always speculated that we see that today partly because guys today worry too much about their pitch counts - who knows.

Verlander gets a strikeout with the a curveball in the dirt on a pitchers count. Nicely done

JV looks pretty sharp so far today. Keeping is breaking pitches down and spotting his fastballs pretty well. Don't like his slider, but I like how keeps the curveball down.

Sure would like to see and old fashion tiger rally. You remember, one with singles and doubles and maybe a triple and a stolen base thrown in good for 2 or 3 runs, players running around the bases, hit and runs. Something exciting, something to get the blood boiling. Instead we get 2 out walks and solo home runs on occasion.

WTF was that JV?

he was trying to fan it foul.

Pretty good outing other than the brain dead 0-2 change. Can he maintain this out to 90 pitches today?

he was trying to fan it foul.

Pretty good outing other than the brain dead 0-2 change. Can he maintain this out to 90 pitches today?

Definitely looks better but we just need to avoid that one big inning that has seemed to plague Justin

I swear I have no idea why the Tiger hitters let Bauer get away with throwing those 1st pitch floaters.

We are getting great swings and really hitting the ball hard with Bauer.....we're hitting them right at guys right now....if Bauer stays in the game for more than one more inning I think we'll score at least 2-3 more runs off of him.