davidsb

06/21/2014: Detroit Tigers (Verlander) at Cleveland Indians (Bauer) - 7:15p

I have the luxuary of hindsight but JV pitch count was only 100 and had a easy 7th inning. I say bring him back and go to the well and see what happens. Tired of the manage by inning philosphy vs. letting your pitchers pitch.

It appears Verlander even told Ausmus he did not want to overextend last night because he felt he was at more fatigue injury risk from mechanics changes.

Mechanics overhaul pays off for Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander | tigers.com: News

That writer was upset. He might need to seek grief counseling.

The writer is obviously a psychopath.

He is an idiot. Baseball is a game where performance at each play is completely individual and totally independent of mental animosity or aggression in any aspect of the game other than between pitcher and batter. Complaints about friendly deportment between runners and fielders can only indicate a person who has never played the game at any level.

A person who gets paid to write words but not necessarily to write thoughtful ones

Phil Coke's last 10 games: 9 IP, 1 BB, 10 K's. Oh and 12 hits and 4 ER's. So a WHIP of 1.44.

Not All-World by any means. However, I have put my previous plans on hold for the moment. I no longer intend to burn him at the stake. I still have the woodpile, the gasoline, and the matches...but he has truly earned a reprieve. He's not the worst pitcher on the team right now. I can't imagine myself having said that 2 weeks ago.

Ha. I tend to agree with your comments, he has not been horrible and maybe we can get a good stretch out of him while others struggle and try to figure it out. Its good to see him rise to the moment last night.

I thought Ausmus handled the pitching staff well last night. Maybe he could have pulled Nathan against Bourn b/c he appeared to be tiring, but that's hindsight.

Ausmus has sucked so far, but I'm holding out hope that he'll get better as the year goes on as he learns on the job and learns his players better.

Bumping this to get some COVID-19 relief.... I did not go back and read it to see if there's anything memorable... just picked a game with a lot of pages.  THe game threads area only goes back to 2014.

Just something to to try out to break the boredom.  

What's interesting is the photos of the starters.... the links still work and they have been updated.  

• Like 1

Wow, forgot game threads actually consisted of this many pages.

Lots of former posters have moved on since this thread occurred. 

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

Bumping this to get some COVID-19 relief.... I did not go back and read it to see if there's anything memorable... just picked a game with a lot of pages.  THe game threads area only goes back to 2014.

Just something to to try out to break the boredom.  

What's interesting is the photos of the starters.... the links still work and they have been updated.  

link to the game

• Like 1

bad things about these games posted by youtube is that they run the commercials from youtube in them at random, and they you still get dead air during the original commercial breaks, which are not shown, but are not edited out either.