davidsb

06/21/2014: Detroit Tigers (Verlander) at Cleveland Indians (Bauer) - 7:15p

Phil Coke effing dominates the heart of their lineup!!!! I am in complete shock.

Well, he still couldn't get the righthander, but I can't remember the last time he had that kind of heat.

He didn't look finished on Thursday and Friday. Anyway, they need to either get him fixed or find a replacement outside the organization, because I don't think any will be found internally.

Coke Coke Coke Coke Coke

They struggle against the piss poor central. Imagine how carved up this bullpen will be against really good teams.

It sure would be nice if the Tigers faith in Coke starts paying off with some consistent outings.

Well, he still couldn't get the righthander, but I can't remember the last time he had that kind of heat.

To be honest, when Santana got the single, I was relieved.

you guys aren't pulling my leg? This isn't an elaborate MTS-wide scheme to make me watch Phil blow this when i turn on my DVR?

If they win the next 91 games they'll finish with 130 wins. Math is not my strong suit, though.

So Ned Yost did a Ausmus tonight. Let his pitcher talk him into staying in the game and it got him a loss.

So tonight was...Verlander pretty good, Al-Al...ugh, Hardy wow!, Nathan threw too many, Coke shocked us

I had to watch the third strike and final out four times in slow motion to believe it really happened.

Hey - that Hardy fella did a pretty great job getting out of that man on third jam.

Team still sucks. Blow it up.

Coke's four seam fastball averaged 98 MPH tonight according to pitch F/x's original data. That's 5 MPH faster than his career average. Even if that's a touch fast, he was throwing 95+ MPH with ease.

What in the world did they do to fix Phil Coke?

Coke's four seam fastball averaged 98 MPH tonight according to pitch F/x's original data. That's 5 MPH faster than his career average. Even if that's a touch fast, he was throwing 95+ MPH with ease.

Maybe it's like one of those last moments of clarity someone has before they expire. Being an optimist, though, I'd like to think he's on undetectable roids.

So tonight was...Verlander pretty good, ..

good K rate, good K/BB, good WHIP. 10 whiffs, still not what he is capable of. FB was good, but can still be better.

I think much like last season, JV will probably have turned the corner while everyone is still talking about his problems. KC was a bad night for sure, but he pitched well until running out of gas in the start before and again tonight. I think if Aumus doesn't let him overextend this problem is on course to straighten itself out.

AJax, the OF production, the BP - these are problems.

Edited by Gehringer_2

Jones has been pretty good at helping guys get to their max FB.

Phil Coke's last 10 games: 9 IP, 1 BB, 10 K's. Oh and 12 hits and 4 ER's. So a WHIP of 1.44.

Not All-World by any means. However, I have put my previous plans on hold for the moment. I no longer intend to burn him at the stake. I still have the woodpile, the gasoline, and the matches...but he has truly earned a reprieve. He's not the worst pitcher on the team right now. I can't imagine myself having said that 2 weeks ago.

Krol to the DL. Pat McCoy up just as we all predicted before the season.

Why was Joba unavailable tonight?

Refresh my memory: what was said by whom regarding Pat McCoy before the season? I heavily promoted Hardy but i don't remember anybody pushing McCoy.

What's with these big crowds in Cleveland? Lots of Tiger fans? Free beer night?

Yesterday was dollar hotdog night.

What's with these big crowds in Cleveland? Lots of Tiger fans? Free beer night?

I think they had some sort of pregame tribute to Omar Vizquel.