LooseGoose

2016 Presidential Election - Who will the nominees be? Make your prediction here.

With 12 polls in the last 30 days, Michigan will be a real test case on the validity of how they are running the polls this year. Trump should really win by something like 11-15 points. I don't expect him to win by that much, however.

Exit polling rolling out of Michigan and Mississippi:

According to ABC News, while roughly 60 percent of voters say they would be satisfied if Donald Trump or Ted Cruz became the GOP nominee, only about 40 percent said the same about Marco Rubio.

Read more: Early exit polls: Mississippi voters angrier, more evangelical than Michigan - POLITICO

Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Sounds like the hub-bub is that Rubio is in jeopardy of missing the minimum threshold, not only in Michigan. Heard some rumblings about a potential miss in Mississippi too.

Tater- tell your peeps to stop knocking on my door. I already felt the bern.

So, do we think Kasich will win Michigan?

Since Trump consistently underperforms his polls...yes

Fox exit poll says that Bernie is winning by 8 points.

I mean, some of the responses to some questions sound favorable to Sanders, but that can't be right can it?

I mean, some of the responses to some questions sound favorable to Sanders, but that can't be right can it?

It would certainly turn the democratic primary on its ear if true. I just don't believe it.

That would be amazing if he did win Michigan. I'll believe it when I see it.

Whether you agree with this or not, it would appear to bode well for Trump in Michigan and Mississippi.

Michigan has one of the largest Muslim populations of any state, yet 6 out of 10 Republicans in the state favored a temporary ban on Muslim visitors to the United States, according to early exit poll results from CNN.

The proposal — championed by Republican frontrunner Donald J. Trump — was even more popular in Mississippi, where 7 out of 10 Republicans favored a ban on Muslim travel. Those proportions match the range of responses among the states that voted a week ago on Tuesday, ranging from 64% (Virginia) to Alabama (78%).

Exit Polls: 6 of 10 Republicans in Michigan Want Muslim Ban - Breitbart

Weird. This doesn't strike me as a positive sign for Rubio.

Charlie Spiering ✔ ‎@charliespiering

Rubio expected to take the stage in Florida at 7:45 p.m. EST - 15 minutes before polls close in MI and MS

4:26 PM - 8 Mar 2016

This was enjoyable, from the Atlantic liveblog:

I’ve idly wondered how Kasich will perform in Michigan, given the number of my Michigan relatives who seem to detest Ohio. I’ve heard them describe their southern neighbor as "ugly," "smelly,” and, most damning of all, "boring." (Incidentally, those same adjectives my friends in Pennsylvania use to describe New Jersey.)

But they may be in the minority! A 2015 Public Policy Polling survey showed that only 30 percent of Michganders have an unfavorable opinion of Ohio, though another 30 percent weren't sure. I'd note, however, that the very same survey showed the vast majority of residents strongly believed Michigan got the better end of the 19th-century compromise that ceded Toledo to the Buckeye State in return for Upper Peninsula, an outright rejection of Ohio values if I ever saw one.

More exit polling:

Steve Kornacki ‎@SteveKornacki

College grads - GOP

Michigan 47%

Mississippi 43%

Average pre-tonight 53%

4:32 PM - 8 Mar 2016

Something scrolled on CBSN that was something like Mississippi Evangelical vote: Trump 48%, Cruz 42%. Also saw something earlier that Evangelicals were really turning out, for something like 7/10 votes in Mississippi. Seems to be good for Trump then, and probably Cruz too.

first results to hit the RCP ticker have Bernie up by 4% but since Wayne county will probably come in later than sooner, I won't be surprised if he has to build up a *big* early lead to actually win.