LooseGoose

2016 Presidential Election - Who will the nominees be? Make your prediction here.

Yes, I also grew up in Detroit. My family was so poor that at one point my dad was selling newspapers to make a living.

The 60's and especially the 70's were hard times for my clan.

Bad move there by the Bern. Part of that pandering I was talking about.

EDIT: And they moved to Detroit from Logan WV. One of the poorer sections of WV. And that's saying something.

You clearly haven't gotten the memo. You're white, which means you live a life of luxury, with no worries. Every institution is tailored just for you. Embrace your white privilege!

To be fair he said whites didn't know what it is like to live in the ghetto.

He said that, and his next comment was that Whites didn't know what it was like to be poor. I think I heard the audio clip probably 20 times between my drive home last night and drive to work this morning. He said both things.

Wonderful, Neocons having secret meetings to connive how to stop Trump. Complete with Bill Kristol quoting the communist manifesto... how fitting.

That question, apparently, was on the agenda at the American Enterprise Institute's annual World Forum, a secretive affair held on Sea Island, Georgia.

"The main topic at the closed-to-the-press confab? How to stop Republican front-runner Donald Trump," Huff Post writes. Here's a list of attendees:

Apple CEO Tim Cook,

Google co-founder Larry Page,

Napster creator and Facebook investor Sean Parker,

Tesla Motors and SpaceX honcho Elon Musk

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.),

political guru Karl Rove,

House Speaker Paul Ryan,

GOP Sens. Tom Cotton (Ark.), Cory Gardner (Colo.), Tim Scott (S.C.), Rob Portman (Ohio) and Ben Sasse (Neb.),

Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Fred Upton (Mich.),

Rep. Kevin Brady (Texas)

Kevin McCarthy (Calif.),

Cathy McMorris Rodgers (Wash.),

Budget Committee Chairman Tom Price (R-Ga.),

Financial Services Committee Chairman Jeb Hensarling (Texas)

Diane Black (Tenn.)

"A specter was haunting the World Forum--the specter of Donald Trump," the Weekly Standard founder Bill Kristol wrote in an emailed report from the conference, borrowing the opening lines of the Communist Manifesto.

GOP Leaders, Tech Execs Plot Against Trump At Secret NeoCon Island Meeting | Zero Hedge

A little shocked at some of those names on that list from the corporate world.

I guess Cook or his representative has made some comments trying to distance himself from the whole thing now.

I don't think I've voted in a primary before, I was a bit surprised to see the voting place only had a couple voters while I was there. Although they do have 3 voting places instead of 2 now, and it takes all of 5 seconds to fill out the ballot.

I voted 'Not Trump.'

Mittens is making robo calls for Rubio in Florida.

I can't remember who said this, but it made me laugh. They said if Romney really wanted to hurt Trump, he should just endorse him.

I can't remember who said this, but it made me laugh. They said if Romney really wanted to hurt Trump, he should just endorse him.

The goal is to educate the delegates who will be in Cleveland and to ensure Trump doesn't get 1237. He's being a statesman despite your slur.

I wish to emphasize for Michigan voters...that Trump killed the USFL and thereby the Michigan Panthers which was our only chance for Pro football glory in the last 30 years.

The goal is to educate the delegates who will be in Cleveland and to ensure Trump doesn't get 1237. He's being a statesman despite your slur.

Who will educate that establishment that Mittens isn't the man for that job?

There is very limited upside to Romney trying to push vote away from Trump, and much larger downside. He should understand that as an investor, but I think he has ulterior motives, and this is a bit of a hail mary to begin with. I guess that's why he won't rule out accepting the party nomination if he is the one put up at the convention.

Poll: Romney speech did little to hurt Trump | TheHill

Mitt Romney's speech condemning Donald Trump did little to bring down the controversial Republican presidential front-runner, according to a poll released Tuesday.

Thirty-one percent of Republican voters surveyed by Morning Consult said they are now more likely to vote for Trump, while 20 percent said they are less likely to vote for the real estate mogul. Forty-three percent said Romney's comments had no impact.

Among Trump supporters, 56 percent said they are more likely to vote for Trump after he was denounced by Romney, while 5 percent said they are less likely to vote for Trump. Thirty-six percent said their opinions were not changed.

And among those who voted for Romney, the 2012 GOP nominee, his speech was less helpful in curbing support for Trump: 30 percent were more likely to vote for Trump, while 20 percent were less likely.

What's wrong with stopping Trump?

The problem isn't stopping Trump. The problem is thinking Romney is the guy to do it. Talk about being out of touch.

I couldn't bring myself to vote in the republican primary, so I voted for Bernie.

You probably saved yourself some junk mail from The Weekly Standard, NRO, etc.

There is very limited upside to Romney trying to push vote away from Trump, and much larger downside. He should understand that as an investor, but I think he has ulterior motives, and this is a bit of a hail mary to begin with. I guess that's why he won't rule out accepting the party nomination if he is the one put up at the convention.

I think that would end up being a disaster for him.

A little shocked at some of those names on that list from the corporate world.

I'm a little shocked that someone apparently thinks Rove is a "political guru"

I heard that did whatever he had to do, paperwork-wise, yesterday to become the nominee.

It's kind of funny, I feel Trump voters are the ones that are so sick of the GOP establishment that'll they go all in on this guy that is the antithesis of it to destroy it. The GOP response was first to generally ignore/discount Trump, like they ignore/discount his voters, and now to rely on the face of the GOP establishment presidential candidate to demagogue him away.

Incredibly tone-deaf, which I guess is par for the course.

I know this is meant as a hit piece, but I kind of like it. But I'm not of the persuasion that the Oval Office decorum is or has been high brow, ever. This stuff goes back to the beginning of our country.

Negative campaigning in America was sired by two lifelong friends, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. Back in 1776, the dynamic duo combined powers to help claim America's independence, and they had nothing but love and respect for one another. But by 1800, party politics had so distanced the pair that, for the first and last time in U.S. history, a president found himself running against his vice president.

Things got ugly fast. Jefferson's camp accused President Adams of having a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

In return, Adams' men called Vice President Jefferson "a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father."

As the slurs piled on, Adams was labeled a fool, a hypocrite, a criminal, and a tyrant, while Jefferson was branded a weakling, an atheist, a libertine, and a coward.

Even Martha Washington succumbed to the propaganda, telling a clergyman that Jefferson was "one of the most detestable of mankind."

Founding Fathers' dirty campaign - CNN.com

Further, I think this video, despite being uncouth, will appeal to many voters who are looking for a tough personality in the Oval Office. I don't think the language is going to be a problem for Trump.

If Mitt Romney were as vile, as corrupt and scary as Trump I might get it.

It's kind of funny, I feel Trump voters are the ones that are so sick of the GOP establishment that'll they go all in on this guy that is the antithesis of it to destroy it. The GOP response was first to generally ignore/discount Trump, like they ignore/discount his voters, and now to rely on the face of the GOP establishment presidential candidate to demagogue him away.

That's a pretty decent take on it, I think.

Yep, pretty much.