LooseGoose

2016 Presidential Election - Who will the nominees be? Make your prediction here.

Proving once again that Donald Trump does whatever Donald Trump wants, the GOP frontrunner knowingly violated the rules at the Republican debate on Thursday night by speaking with his campaign manager during a commercial break,*according to a report*from CNN's Dylan Byers.*Candidates are forbidden from communicating with their campaign staff during debate breaks, but that's apparently a rule which Trump has routinely broken at previous debates by speaking with manager Corey Lewandowski backstage. On Thursday night, however,*Lewandowski actually came out onto stage to have the meeting. When Fox News staff were unable to convince him to leave, they then told the other campaigns that they could also have access to their candidates for the remainder of the debate, though it's unclear what impact, if any, this may have had on the candidates' performances.

Http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/03/donald-trump-has-been-cheating-at-the-debates.html?mid=facebook_nymag

Out. Of. Control.

Taniel ‏@Taniel 22s22 seconds ago

Very first results from #KentuckyCaucus: Bourbon County is fully reporting.

Cruz 32%, Trump 31.5%, Kasich 18.3%, Rubio 16.1%

A masterful concern troll job btw

You must get bored with us mortals. ;--)

I still have fond memories of voting Republican. I think all the GOP has to do to be a great positive force again is to realize that all the good reasons they are so skeptical of Government also apply to *all* large powerful organizations, including the ones that they have allowed themselves to become dependent on for paying their bills in recent years.

Edited by Gehringer_2

Jeesh - Fox has Hillary up 28 in MI. Might have to move back to MN.

IMO, I don't really believe that. In a state that is this blue collar I can't see him losing by that margin. Especially when you consider how well he's been polling in a similar state like Ohio.

Bernie has won Kansas and Nebraska tonight.

more votes cast on the Dem side in LA than on the GOP side, even without a serious contest there. Jindal may have succeeded in turning his state from Red to Blue.

IMO, I don't really believe that. In a state that is this blue collar I can't see him losing by that margin. Especially when you consider how well he's been polling in a similar state like Ohio.

Offensive bro. Take that back. Michigan is not similar to Ohio.

I'm finding that the very people accusing Trump of being a demagogue are engaging in demagoguery themselves, saying things like "anyone who supports Trump is a racist," or "if you support that creep, unfriend me now."

While I think Trump is an idiot who would be dangerous as President, I think it's a mistake to ignore the reasons why he's getting so much support. It's also a mistake to write off anyone who supports him as a xenophobic racist.

Whether Trump is a xenophobic racist or merely an opportunist tapping into racist xenophobia is basically a distinction without a difference now. But either way, I don't very many people are writing off Trump anymore.

Greg Giroux ‏@greggiroux 7h7 hours ago

Louisiana R primary (100% in):

Early (48,407): Trump 46.7% Cruz 22.9% Rubio 20.1%

Election Day (252,762): Cruz 40.7% Trump 40.4% Rubio 9.5%

Offensive bro. Take that back. Michigan is not similar to Ohio.

If you'd let me finish, I was about to say their blue collar makeup is about the only similarity they have. Michigan is waaaaay better in everything else. If you need proof, just look at all our trees yo, they're all just the right height.

For 50 Years, Kansas Has Chosen the Democratic Nominee with 100% Accuracy. Bernie Sanders Just Won Kansas. - Vets For Bernie

I don't believe crap like this as everything depends upon situation and circumstance, but Kansas has chosen the Democratic nominee correctly for 50 years running. Better watch your back Mrs. Clinton, the Bernie Express is rolling on through!

AnalyticsAmerican_Primaries.png

That’s a wrap for us, folks. We’ll have more analysis of tonight’s results in the days ahead, but here’s how I’d score the evening relative to expectations on the GOP side. I mean that in a more precise way than when the term “expectations” is usually invoked. Specifically, I mean that if you’d drawn up a list of plausible outcomes this morning and ranked them from best (10) to worst (0) for each candidate, how would candidates fare by that measure?

Ted Cruz — 9 out of 10. Huge win in Kansas, unexpected win in Maine, and unexpectedly close to Trump in Louisiana, with results suggesting he might even have won if not for early votes. Cruz’s loss in Kentucky was also narrow — he came much closer to Trump, for example, than he did in Tennessee on Super Tuesday. Not quite a “best case scenario” but not more than one step removed from it.

Donald Trump — 2 out of 10. You could equivocate by saying Trump performs poorly in caucuses, and there aren’t all that many of them left, but the huge split in the election day versus early vote in Louisiana suggests that he’s encountering serious problems, perhaps the most serious since voting started on Feb. 1. It also appears as though Cruz will pick up more delegates than Trump did from the night.

Ted Cruz Won Semi-Super Saturday

If you'd let me finish, I was about to say their blue collar makeup is about the only similarity they have. Michigan is waaaaay better in everything else. If you need proof, just look at all our trees yo, they're all just the right height.

Get ready for 2020.

kanye-1.jpg

I never voted in a primary before. It's my understanding I just show up and ask for a Democratic ballot? I do not need to register as a Democrat to vote?

I never voted in a primary before. It's my understanding I just show up and ask for a Democratic ballot? I do not need to register as a Democrat to vote?

That won't work. Trump will be on the Republican ballot.

No you don't. In our city it's all one ballot but you have to pay attention to which area you fill out. One is GOP and the other is Dem. Machine will spit it back as spoiled if parts or both are filled in.

I just realized I can't find my voter registration card. My ID would be fine?

I'm finding that the very people accusing Trump of being a demagogue are engaging in demagoguery themselves, saying things like "anyone who supports Trump is a racist," or "if you support that creep, unfriend me now."

While I think Trump is an idiot who would be dangerous as President, I think it's a mistake to ignore the reasons why he's getting so much support. It's also a mistake to write off anyone who supports him as a xenophobic racist.

Not buying that. Trump has exploited the worst characteristics of the US political system and dragged my party with him. Plenty of bricklayers on the road to hell for sure (e.g., Hannity, Morning Joe, much of talk radio). But I have an absolutely clear conscience if he is defeated.

BTW, Cruz is worse than Trump because he actually believes what he says.....but it would be so awesome to see Trump go down in flames when he thinks he had it all wrapped up.

Not buying that. Trump has exploited the worst characteristics of the US political system and dragged my party with him. Plenty of bricklayers on the road to hell for sure (e.g., Hannity, Morning Joe, much of talk radio). But I have an absolutely clear conscience if he is defeated.

but he is also talking about some of the things that you aren't allowed to talk about according to GOP orthodoxy that GOP rank and file voters care about just as much Dem ones do - a lot of the rhetoric that gets good responses from his crowds is about America falling apart. Implicit in that is spending money to fix it, which is verboten to talk about under the Koch doctrine.

That's the thing about demagogues, it's the kernels of truth denied by the current regime that gives all the other crap they spew its legitimacy.

I'd just as soon Trump not get the nomination as well, but if the GOP can't move themselves off their current 0.01%er economic platforms, his ilk will be just be back again because he has exposed the disconnect between what party orthodoxy says the party cares about and what the rank and file actually care about.

Edited by Gehringer_2

I just realized I can't find my voter registration card. My ID would be fine?

ID is fine.... they should have your info there if you are registered. I've never taken my voter card.