davidsb

06/04/2014: Detroit Tigers (Porcello) vs Toronto Blue Jays (Dickey) 7:08p

this team deserves to be booed. That was the most unbelievably pathetic showing with bases loaded no outs that anyone could have ever imagined. Are you kidding me? TAKE A STUPID PITCH, RAJAI.

This team is horse manure.

Embarrassing. 3-1 count to JD, no outs, bases juiced. 6 pitches later inning over with no runs scored. This is a bad team right now.

If you were going to pinch-hit for Romine, why not just use the hot-hitting guy you just brought up, since he's obviously coming into the game anyway?

I'm surprised Porcello is still in the game.

Don't mind that he's out there but I hope it's on a short leash.

Good clean inning by Porcello. Nicely done. Maybe Cabrera will run into one.

well I would call that a jump, he just extended off his last step, so fair enough if you are calling that a dive.

Funny thing, watch again and he actually didn't take a good route to that ball. :laugh:

Dang, Don Zimmer died. RIP

That sucks! Great baseball guy.

Lloyd is laughing himself to sleep...

Are you going to do this all year long?

well I would call that a jump, he just extended off his last step, so fair enough if you are calling that a dive.

Funny thing, watch again and he actually didn't take a good route to that ball. :laugh:

I know he didn't take a great route, but it was the same angle that Jackson has. We'll call it a horizontal jump. Known by everyone else as a dive.

I know he didn't take a great route, but it was the same angle that Jackson has. We'll call it a horizontal jump. Known by everyone else as a dive.

Call it what you want :wink: but that is not the technique the lack of which Ajax is conventionally criticized for. A jump like that coming off a full stride is physical skill not all athletes even have. I'd still make a distinction. The commitment to layout on the ball primarily to the side is something that is a matter of a decision more than missing skill. I think that is what you can fairly criticize AJax for not doing.

If what Revere did is not a dive, I have no idea what is a dive.

I'll see if I can find a good example of what I mean. This game certainly isn't worth concentrating on....:dead: