davidsb

05/28/2014: Detroit Tigers (Sanchez) at Oakland Athletics (Kazmir) 10:05p

Well it's fine. Other than SS, 3B, the entire outfield, and every pitcher other than Sanchez, this is the best team in baseball.

Joba's their best reliever. It will take a lot more more blown saves before any changes are made though, if any would ever be made anyway.

Well, you have to keep that .280 OBP in the lineup

It would be a shame for this to get lost in all the pitcher drama. There is no reason for a below average fielder to have remained in the game in the ninth.

Donaldson on my fantasy team so suck it.

I just acquired him in a trade, but can't say I enjoyed that one.

no excuse for Nathan, but I'm beginning to worry about Castellanos. Have they been so enthalled with his bat that they've ignored that he doesn't seem to have his head in the game all the time?

Baserunning mistakes, forgetting to cover his base, now possibly not anticipating the opposite field ball. Stuff you don't want to see is accumulating. Needs to stop.

no excuse for Nathan, but I'm beginning to worry about Castellanos. Have they been so enthalled with his bat that they've ignored that he doesn't seem to have his head in the game all the time?

Baserunning mistakes, forgetting to cover his base, now possibly not anticipating the opposite field ball. Stuff you don't want to see is accumulating. Needs to stop.

Well, also his bat sucks.

I'm just glad people are coming around on Ajax being terrible.

Well, I think he's the least terrible.

Free JD Martinez

It would be a shame for this to get lost in all the pitcher drama. There is no reason for a below average fielder to have remained in the game in the ninth.

Do we have a shut-down 3b? Kelly is no Brooks Robinson over there either. Worth at 3rd, Romine at short I guess?

I just acquired him in a trade, but can't say I enjoyed that one.

You don't enjoy a 1 run, 1 home run, 3 rbi night? Tough crowd.

And add to this his hitting has gone downhill in a hurry. Many trouble spots on this team.

Nathan deserves the criticism -- he has been luke warm at best (actually room temperature), and geez, Benoit at closer would be doing no worse now than Nathan. That said, this one is on the bats more than it is on Nathan. 1 run. You don't win many games mustering one measly mother**king run all night long.

The hellish stretch continues. Tigers are still far from out of this horrid stretch. They're going to need a 4 wins in 5 type of stretch to distance themselves from this hell.

Does any Pitcher finish games anymore? If you dont let Sanchez finish this game them when? So what its 111 pitches. Does it make that big a difference ? At least leave him in until its tied..he's pitching a 1-0 ballgame for gosh sakes !

I would have stayed with Sanchez, but...aw, what the heck. I would have stayed with him. Period.

I would have stayed with Sanchez, but...aw, what the heck. I would have stayed with him. Period.

Ausmus is paint by numbers.

Basically, for pessimism, their SS and 3B are replacement level, the OF is below average, their bullpen still lacks depth and their high leverage reliever has been pretty bad.

Nathan deserves the criticism -- he has been luke warm at best (actually room temperature), and geez, Benoit at closer would be doing no worse now than Nathan. That said, this one is on the bats more than it is on Nathan. 1 run. You don't win many games mustering one measly mother**king run all night long.

The hellish stretch continues. Tigers are still far from out of this horrid stretch. They're going to need a 4 wins in 5 type of stretch to distance themselves from this hell.

And at the moment we're playing with 3 minor minor league players in the line-up. Woth, JD and Casty. And before anyone jumps on me about Casty, he started out great but of late hasn't turned it around to my satisfaction to prove he belongs as of yet.

He is not ready for the Majors. But guess what - they have NOTHING in the minors. Absolutely nothing. He's the 3rd baseman do or die. This team is showing cracks, big ones. So lucky to be in the Central.

What's Joe Nothin' throwing up there, 88mph fastballs? Ooooh, that'll rattle major league hitters.

Does any Pitcher finish games anymore? If you dont let Sanchez finish this game them when? So what its 111 pitches. Does it make that big a difference ? At least leave him in until its tied..he's pitching a 1-0 ballgame for gosh sakes !

The only excuse I can think of is that coming off the bad blister you don't want to him go too long before a new callous is fully in place and have it rip again. Nobody but the staff knows how his hand is wrt going to 120 pitches so I can give them the benefit of doubt, but the way Jaso has been eating tiger RHP I might have started with Kroll.

There was no good reason to pull Sanchez.

Nathan should still be able to not give up the losing run, though.

The only excuse I can think of is that coming off the bad blister you don't want to him go too long before a new callous is fully in place and have it rip again. Nobody but the staff knows how his hand is wrt going to 120 pitches so I can give them the benefit of doubt, but the way Jaso has been eating tiger RHP I might have started with Kroll.

Oooh, poor Sanchez, we must baby him. Give me a break. Throwing 10 more pitches wasn't going to cause a blister to all of a sudden appear. That was a really stupid "it's the ninth inning and the manual says I must put in the designated closer here". Bad managing. That was Sanchez' game to win or lose.