davidsb

05/28/2014: Detroit Tigers (Sanchez) at Oakland Athletics (Kazmir) 10:05p

From O.co Coliseum in Oakland, California, it is the...

DETROIT TIGERS

visiting the

Oakland Athletics

15059181-large.jpg

Pitching Match-up

Anibal Sanchez (2-2, 2.83 era) vs. Scott Kazmir (5-2, 2.56 era)

6472.png&w=350&h=2545917.png&w=350&h=254

Happy birthday to these former Tigers:

Lester Oliveros (26), Jhonny Peralta (32), Mike Defelice (45), Kirk Gibson (57), Jim Middleton (b1889)

kirk-gibson-1984-world-series-home-run-goose-goosage.jpg

FoxSportsDetroit.png

I have said it once, but I will say it again. I love the layout of these game day threads. I like the idea of using a picture from the previous game...just a cool touch IMO.

OK, we won a game yesterday. If we win today, it's called "two in a row". And if we win again tomorrow, it's called a "winning streak"... It has happened before!

I should do a daily thing about the woman who asks me stuff about the Red Sox every day...

I should do a daily thing about the woman who asks me stuff about the Red Sox every day...

Agreed. You have to spell things phonetically though.

It is good to see that Alex Avila is starting to be quite useful. Also, I am glad that J.D. Martinez is again in the lineup. He is starting to really hit the ball!

I hope that Andy Dirks (and Luke Putkonen) have to earn there way back onto the team and are not just returned by dumping someone who is showing some usefulness. I wonder which outfielder would go when Dirks returns? I like what I have been seeing from Martinez lately.

It is good to see that Alex Avila is starting to be quite useful. Also, I am glad that J.D. Martinez is again in the lineup. He is starting to really hit the ball!

I hope that Andy Dirks (and Luke Putkonen) have to earn there way back onto the team and are not just returned by dumping someone who is showing some usefulness. I wonder which outfielder would go when Dirks returns? I like what I have been seeing from Martinez lately.

I'll be happy for the Davis/Dirks platoon to come to fruition. If Martinez plays so well that he takes time from them, or Torii, then that's even better.

Lineup at OAK: Davis 8, Kinsler 4, Cabrera 3, V. Martinez DH, Hunter 9, J.D. Martinez 7, Avila 2, Castellanos 5, Worth 6. Sanchez starting

Tell her they suck. Hence last place.

I don't think the 25-man roster would be able to accommodate having Jackson, Dirks, Martinez, Hunter and Davis as outfielders. One would have to leave.

Are any of these guys capable of playing shortstop or third base?

"What ever happened to that cute Conigliaro kid my mom's told me about?"

Hate late games during the week! I get up too early for work to stay up and watch. Would only get 2 or 3 hours of sleep but I hate missing the Tigers :(

That's what I did last night. 2ish the game was over and it was 3 before I fell asleep up at 5:30.

Gameday audio in a browser only lets me get the As' Spanish-language feed, regardless of what I click. Anyone else?

Edit: never mind. Fixed now.

Edited by jbhappy

Did Anibal throw a ball that inning?

When did that inning even happen? I was listening but completely missed it. Really.

Edit: 3 pitches, 2 pitches, 1 pitch. No balls.

Edited by jbhappy