Zakk_Wylde

Where did everybody go?!?

Only time I use it now is when there's some kind of bnreaking or pending news to be had.... used to come in handy at ball games for close plays. I would check the feed to see what the twtter folks would say about the replay. But now with replay and the fact they show it on the board there's no need.

I used to hang out here a lot, but then facebook made it easier to communicate with individuals and I had a kid.

A kid who is less than thrilled by all things pink.

The falsest false of all falses.

Twitter is useful for anything breaking, it has it's place. Facebook on the other hand is simply a social nuisance and that creates drama out of thin air. Deleted my facebook years ago, won't go back.

Message boards all over the internet are declining. Probably mostly due to facebook.

I recognize a bunch of names here from Worldcrossing. I was on there for years. Where is John Kuhnlein these days?

As was I. I think I was Father Yoda.

Prodigy was the first Internet service I used. I got in trouble with my parents after racking up a $300 one of the first months. I think they charged a certain amount of hours per month.

They also charged ten cents an email. Compuserve charged by the hour.

Twitter is useful for anything breaking, it has it's place. Facebook on the other hand is simply a social nuisance and that creates drama out of thin air. Deleted my facebook years ago, won't go back.

I don't use facebook that much, but I find it useful for keeping up with old friends I haven't seen in years. I originally used it to network with other sabers, but twitter is a better place for that now.

I use Twitter just for breaking news. Facebook is only good for spying on old girlfriends.

This in spades.

Game threads also got boring when people got overly whiny about people complaining. It's a game thread. Just because people are complaining about a manager or player's actions in the game doesn't equate to someone declaring season over, which is the conclusion many people assume.

And to my fault, I just haven't cared to study intensively sabermetrics to participate in discussions on the forum, which seems to be a pre-requisite now. I'd rather enjoy reading Lee's analysis here and there, and watch the game then argue about something.

And then there are people calling you Snot-nose and such. :-)

I was on BBS's back in the late 80's along with a couple of others here who I am friends with in real life. Tht was from about 87-90. Then I got a DOS based PC and a model and remembered a phone # for a service and got back into it around 1992 to 1994.

I've seen the pics. You married that model, didn't you?

I've seen the pics. You married that model, didn't you?

Yes.... kept the receipt too.

I post primarily from work. I find to a good place to chew the fat and help the time go by. I post mostly from my phone and find tapatalk easy to use.

It is a holiday weekend.............

This....and the game yesterday was a 10:00pm start. I fell asleep after the first inning.

And I would like to blame myself as well. I ran everyone out of town.

This....and the game yesterday was a 10:00pm start. I fell asleep after the first inning.

And I would like to blame myself as well. I ran everyone out of town.

How could you sleep with those ******* neighbors setting off fireworks all night?

I think the success of the organization has played into it somewhat as there's less to figure out now. Much of the analysis seemed to be focused on players coming up and whether the guys we had were good enough. Now we've got a team with a couple of future HOFers, as solid of a starting staff as anybody alive has seen for this team, so there's not as much to talk about other than the games themselves.

This is part of it. The other side of this coin is that people (and I'm pointing the finger here at myself first) get a bit bored with success. The Tigers have been so good for so long in an otherwise very bad division, and April, May, and even June are almost like pre-season baseball, and all we're doing is waiting for the playoffs. I find myself not caring as much about each individual game, knowing that the Tigers will likely win 6 of 10 games from here on out. It would be good if there were actually a team in this division that could give us a good scare and make things exciting. But the Royals are stupid, the Indians are chronically cheap, and the White Sox farm system resembles the majority of the south side of Chicago...a barren and partially empty wasteland with little hope for the short-term future. And the Twins just aren't as lucky now that they're out of the Metrodome.

Wow.....seen this thread and had to reply. It's probably been a few years since I posted on here, and I'm surprised I still remembered my password. Why do many people not post anymore? For me it seemed like back when I quit posting people were too quick to say something negative about someone's post, but the main thing I remember was all the people who would harp on someone for starting a new thread. They thought everything should be under some other existing thread title. It was ridiculous. I'm sure many others felt the same. It was a good site, but I can't see it coming back to greatness. I just came here today to see if anyone had some good threads as to why the Tigers have been getting pounded lately. This may not be the answer you wanted to hear, but it's the only thing I thought could be the problem.

This.

How could you sleep with those ******* neighbors setting off fireworks all night?

Stop peeking in my window, creeper!