davidsb

05/22/2014: Detroit Tigers (Ray) vs Texas Rangers (Darvish) 1:08p

why bother having a DH or elevators or heart surgeons, granpa?

Well, sonny, those things improve baseball, ascension, and sustained blood circulation, respectively.

Those devil food preparation methods I mentioned only make things worse.

Well, sonny, those things improve baseball, ascension, and sustained blood circulation, respectively.

Those devil food preparation methods I mentioned only make things worse.

Having lived in Germany where good drunk imbiss food, curry wurst is prepared with ketchup and curry powder and the finest German wursts...i'm gonna enjoy my ketchup.

I'm sure a fan of pepperoni pizza but I'm not going demand that be the only pizza served in this country.

According to MLB gameday Worth throws a 70mph knuckleball. I wonder what the minimum fastball speed is.

I love knuckleball pitchers, and I love it when position players pitch, so that was double great.

So your mission if you choose to accept it is to try and come up with a 4 game stretch that was worse. Probably would not be hard, but it feels like it would be hard with all things considered.

So your mission if you choose to accept it is to try and come up with a 4 game stretch that was worse. Probably would not be hard, but it feels like it would be hard with all things considered.

2012 World Series.

Detroit Tigers ‏@tigers 1m

Following today's game, the #Tigers have optioned the contract of lefthanded pitcher Robbie Ray to Triple A Toledo.

Last year they lost 5 of 6 on a road trip in early Sep. Also there was the 3 game stretch at home where Oakland clobbered them, a Torri Hunter walk off salvaged a win in a 4 game series.

And in April they lost 4 in a row, getting knocked by Anaheim 22-4 in a 3 game series.

Having lived in Germany where good drunk imbiss food, curry wurst is prepared with ketchup and curry powder and the finest German wursts...i'm gonna enjoy my ketchup.

I'm sure a fan of pepperoni pizza but I'm not going demand that be the only pizza served in this country.

I think pepperoni pizza is the only acceptable pizza.

But I agree with you that we shouldn't demand that any food preference be banned.

But I will still think you are strange if you are eating pizza with pineapple on it.

Everybopy says they like pepperoni or some other topping, but most just prefer plain cheese pizza. Whenever I go some place where they order a bunch of pizzas, cheese is always the first to go which is irritating.

According to MLB gameday Worth throws a 70mph knuckleball. I wonder what the minimum fastball speed is.

I actually did a MathCad model of pitch speed/trajectory for a softball league that wanted to convert to using 'strike mats' instead of umps. Long story short, if you allow a pitch that lands on the plate to be called a strike, there is no limit to how 'slow' a pitch can be in the horizontal plane because you can just kept adding arc to it - of course in the vertical plane it will be falling at terminal velocity, which is a lot faster than it will be travelling horizontally. Of course you would look pretty silly throwing an arc like that overhand, but you *could* do it. If you constrain the pitch so that if has to enter the zone below the letters and exit above the knees that is still pretty much a slo-pitch softball pitch. I'd have to find the model and get a number, but I think it's still a lot slower than anybody throws.

I love knuckleball pitchers, and I love it when position players pitch, so that was double great.

Observations on Danny Worth:

• Was it really him?
  • Is he the only knuckler in the league?
  • Can RA Dickey play short?
  • Will he field his own popups?
  • Dude sure looks like Louis CK
  • Danny "Babe" Worth
  • Can he also pitch LH perhaps? Or is that asking too much?
  • Could Gonzales pitch and we just never asked him?
  • Dude makes Don Kelly look like a piker

I think pepperoni pizza is the only acceptable pizza.

But I agree with you that we shouldn't demand that any food preference be banned.

But I will still think you are strange if you are eating pizza with pineapple on it.

Pepperoni AND pineapple is the best.

I saw a condom on the ground on the way into work yesterday.

I still had the mustard pack in my pocket.