Nietzsche

Let's Talk Style

So there's quite a bit of "this team is special" floating around; never a better time than that to introduce something a little fresh into the fashion department.

I think it would be great if at some point they started busting out the '84 throwback roadies with regularity; or better yet if they were to receive a mild re-imagining or modernization and rock them as genuine alternates.

And so speaking of alternates, I understand the home whites are untouchable (and thank God for that), but I really think it's time they started rocking some color at home. An inverse (dat blue-black doe) with a white D would look amazing with the white pants.

Slightly more outside the box, there's a lot more orange in the stadium as of the past few years. I'm tempted to say it's taken on a bigger role as a color, but then orange has always been a huge part of Tigers stuff. Then it hit me: maybe THAT'S why I still don't care for Comerica Park. What's with all the green? Tiger Stadium had orange seats! And basically the rest of it was blue! I reckon if the walls were blue and the seats were blue and orange I'd like the place a whole lot more.

Orange alternate?

1968 road re-imagining/modernization alternate?

Edited by Nietzsche

I would like it if they wore the 80's road unis at home. I don't mind nostalgia as long as it's not overdone. I think the White Sox overdo it.

Interesting about the orange at Comerica Park. Of course Tiger Stadium only had orange and blue seats for about 20 years. But I don't mind it when stadiums make it very obvious which one it is. Hard to judge since we see it so much it's instantly recognizable. I notice most stadiums have more than 2 levels. The outfield wall with the names makes it unique. I like the stadium but I go to about 30 games a year and in teh same seat so it's very comfortable and familiar to me.

No thanks to non ice cream white jerseys at home.

I would submit that replacing the style of D on the hats to match that of what is on the home jersey would be fine with me. The non matching D's is a bit of a peeve for me.

I like that they don't match... but if I had to choose I'd pick the hat D over the jersey D... I've seen too many Eminem/Kid Rock style tattoos with a knock off D taht looks similar to the jersey one. I feel greasy just thinking about it.

I dislike the green seats. I would prefer blue seats. The green outfield walls look good though.

As for the uniform, I would love to see the road jerseys resemble the older ones (not the 84 ones). I like the script "detroit."

I love the orange d on the road hat.

I love that there are two different d logos.

I don't think they should wear the 84 road unis all the time, just as a one off. They did it a few years ago but I think that was part of a promotion for another team.

I like the current road jerseys but they should get rid of either the white or orange in the script and leave it blue/white or blue/orange. It's enough of a reference to the old ones to matter.

The addition of the bar and seats on the 2nd level in Kaline's corner is a nice touch and helps fill in the stadium some. One thing I really don't like about Comerica is the scoreboard. Too big and the placement. They hyped the size of it but it's just ads. The LED screen itself isn't anything special.

I think a 2nd upper deck walk way along CF would be cool. Would allow for more standing room only attendies.

I recall that in the '70s and '80s there weren't a lot of fans wearing orange at Tiger Stadium. I had the odd orange t-shirt from that era but most of the souvenirs were mainly white or navy blue, iirc.

I don't think they should wear the 84 road unis all the time, just as a one off. They did it a few years ago but I think that was part of a promotion for another team.

I like the current road jerseys but they should get rid of either the white or orange in the script and leave it blue/white or blue/orange. It's enough of a reference to the old ones to matter.

The addition of the bar and seats on the 2nd level in Kaline's corner is a nice touch and helps fill in the stadium some. One thing I really don't like about Comerica is the scoreboard. Too big and the placement. They hyped the size of it but it's just ads. The LED screen itself isn't anything special.

I think a 2nd upper deck walk way along CF would be cool. Would allow for more standing room only attendies.

The first time I saw the new screen on the scoreboard I was pretty impressed. I guess you get used to it, but I think it is a big upgrade from what they had before.

But the team making a big deal out of it seems a bit silly.

What is wrong with the placement?

I think they have it where it is to preserve the view of the skyline and it seems too far to one side. Like it's shoved into a corner. It also prohibits any potential 2nd level seats in LF.

Yes, please bring back the pullover away uniforms from the 84 team.

I don't care for those uniforms because they look like softball uniforms to me.

I don't care for those uniforms because they look like softball uniforms to me.

You should choose better on this subject.

I think they have it where it is to preserve the view of the skyline and it seems too far to one side. Like it's shoved into a corner. It also prohibits any potential 2nd level seats in LF.

True on all points. It doesn't bother me though. They don't need more seats, and the skyline view is nice.

Wasn't Comerica one of the first stadiums to incorporate the skyline view?

True on all points. It doesn't bother me though. They don't need more seats, and the skyline view is nice.

Wasn't Comerica one of the first stadiums to incorporate the skyline view?

Yes I think they were... but in Detroit's case I think it was as much about saving $$ as doing something for aesthetics. My favorite time of the year is when I'm at a midweek game in the summer and it's 78 degrees at 9:30 pm and there's a full moon moving over the sky.

My favorite thing is the OF. the names on the wall, the statues, and the fans in a packed stadium watching by the railings. I like to record the playoff games and watch them to see how the atmoshere looks on TV.

I don't know what the solution would be with my scoreboard. It's not that I hate it but rather like a peeve. They need the ads and they need a big board. I guess it's best there to keep the openness.

I do like how the Ford Field logo sneaks its way into view.

In 1905 the Tigers wore a blue uniform with the old English D.

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/detail_page.asp?fileName=al_1905_detroit.gif&Entryid=80

I think that a blue road uniform with the D would be perfectly acceptable. Day games on the road with the gray pants. It would be a great tribute to transplanted Tigers fans around the country

In 1905 the Tigers wore a blue uniform with the old English D.

National Baseball Hall of Fame - Dressed to the Nines - Uniform Database

I think that a blue road uniform with the D would be perfectly acceptable. Day games on the road with the gray pants. It would be a great tribute to transplanted Tigers fans around the country

Outstanding first post. Welcome.

Slightly more outside the box, there's a lot more orange in the stadium as of the past few years. I'm tempted to say it's taken on a bigger role as a color, but then orange has always been a huge part of Tigers stuff. Then it hit me: maybe THAT'S why I still don't care for Comerica Park. What's with all the green? Tiger Stadium had orange seats! And basically the rest of it was blue! I reckon if the walls were blue and the seats were blue and orange I'd like the place a whole lot more.

Long before my time, Tiger Stadium was all green. I've seen better pictures before, but this is all I can find right now:

tumblr_lkiucmv4JZ1qzniimo1_500.jpg

146724.jpg

Personally, I like the dark green, regardless of the team's colors. I think Tiger Stadium looked a lot nicer like that based on the pictures than it did with the blue and orange. I initially wondered why Comerica had so much green instead of blue, but after the blue walls around '05 and '06 I decided I liked the green more.

Long before my time, Tiger Stadium was all green. I've seen better pictures before, but this is all I can find right now:

tumblr_lkiucmv4JZ1qzniimo1_500.jpg

146724.jpg

Personally, I like the dark green, regardless of the team's colors. I think Tiger Stadium looked a lot nicer like that based on the pictures than it did with the blue and orange. I initially wondered why Comerica had so much green instead of blue, but after the blue walls around '05 and '06 I decided I liked the green more.

The hitters loved the all green outfield stands at Tiger stadium

I loved everything about Tiger Stadium...except the mystery liquids that would drip onto your head from the level above. I have to search my archives...in the 1978 yearbook..I think it was 78...they featured a mock up of a renovated Tiger Stadium with exterior tubes and elevators and whatnot. it's like they were trying to make it look "modern". It was like they were putting aluminum siding on St Peter's Basilica

The 1970s/80s away jerseys were awful, looked like lame softball uniforms.

We need a navy blue alternate for day games and selected road games. Maybe in conjunction with white caps.

Basically, this.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB7IrJL8GbVwJQ5mqjv2LRBJuplkdifWKaMVmDJ6Ekd7-PE_vT5aK98fjbr4NG2SceJP5gqyIh&usqp=CAY

Edited by TJ