davidsb

05/18/2014: Detroit Tigers (Sanchez) vs Boston Red Sox (Peavy) 8:00p

From Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts, it is the...

DETROIT TIGERS 26-12 (13-4 road)

visiting the

Boston Red Sox 20-22 (10-13 home)

Pitching Match-up

Anibal Sanchez (0-2, 3.13 era) vs. Jake Peavy (1-1, 3.94 era)

6472.png&w=350&h=2545019.png&w=350&h=254

Happy birthday to these former Tigers:

Don Lund (b1923), Rufe Gentry (b1918)

204762.jpg

35151.jpg

This series already is enough that I'll go to work on Monday with a smile on my face... a sweep would be the icing on the cupcake. :)

This series already is enough that I'll go to work on Monday with a smile on my face... a sweep would be the icing on the cupcake. :)

A sweep would be the stripper in the cake.

I'll be in Fenway for the first time tonight! Parked behind first base. It feels like Christmas for me today! Even better that we're going for a sweep.

My friend doesn't get out of work til around 5, so I'll be hanging out around the park by myself for most of the day. Any suggestions on where to park, food to eat, etc?

It depends on where you are now. Parking is very hard to find and expensive in the area. If you're in the city, best to keep the car where it is and take the train to Kenmore, maybe walk around the the Victory Gardens on Boylston Street as well as the Fens park where there's a small enclosed rose garden (I think it should be open, don't quote me though). If you cross Boylston Street to the small West Fens neighborhood there are a few restaurants on Peterborough Street, I used to like Thornton's and Canastero's which are on opposite ends of the street but I haven't been in years. There are also some places on Brookline if you go past Fenway, away from Kenmore Square.

Oh... if you're staying in the Copley area I'd seriously recommend walking over. It's only about a 15 minute walk. Come to think of it, there are a lot of places in Boston where walking's a good option.

If you're anywhere around Newton/Wellesley leave your car at Riverside Station and take the green line in.

Seriously, avoid driving and parking in Boston. Especially this weekend which is graduation weekend for BU and BC.

And... MBTA.com > Official Website for Greater Boston's Public Transportation System

Well right now I'm in Jersey, but heading up that way here in a few. My friend told me to park by Copley, she works near there, and then just walk around or take a cab. I plan to hit up the Fine Arts Museum for sure.

"Oh and uh.... the Boston gig's been cancelled. But I wouldn't sorry about it. Its not a big college town"

Another series win where the series is not yet over. Best record in baseball. These are good times.

I hate Sunday night games. Or maybe I just hate how ESPN Sunday games last past 11pm? Or maybe I just hate how I feel sluggish I feel at work the next day after staying up past 11pm the night before?

Well right now I'm in Jersey, but heading up that way here in a few. My friend told me to park by Copley, she works near there, and then just walk around or take a cab. I plan to hit up the Fine Arts Museum for sure.

OK, there are a couple of garages around Copley that will be a lot cheaper than parking right around Fenway Park. Enjoy the museum. :)

I'll be in Fenway for the first time tonight! Parked behind first base. It feels like Christmas for me today! Even better that we're going for a sweep.

Hold up a sign that says "Don Kelly = Face of the Tigers"

How about "I slept with Prince's wife!"?

"Detroit Stronger" would be a might-get-you-killed sign