Deleterious

Sources: Pistons want Stan Van Gundy to coach, run basketball operations

I'm afraid to go into the history of this thread.  I don't want to see that I gave two thumbs up.

Gores just looks like a douchebag. I have no idea if he’s a douchbag in person, but he looks it. 

• Thanks 1

Thinking way outside the box.

Malik Rose for GM and Jerry Stackhouse for coach.

Stackhouse won the G-League title last year with the 905 and is in the finals again this year.  The Raptors have a good young bench and a few of them played for Stackhouse last year.  He will probably receive multiple HC offers this summer.

Rose was the manager of basketball operations for Atlanta.  Then he got the job of GM for their G-League team and he just wont exec of the year in the G-League.  I like him better than someone like Billups because he actually went out and paid his dues.  He took lesser jobs and went to the minor leagues to learn his craft.  Unlike Billups who just joined the media and expects to get a job.

7 hours ago, Euphdude said:

Gores just looks like a douchebag. I have no idea if he’s a douchbag in person, but he looks it. 

image.png.3eb80355d78fa8128f988314dedfc464.png

Glass houses, man.  Glass houses.

(Unless this isn't what you really look like.)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Stackhouse won the G-League title last year with the 905 and is in the finals again this year.  The Raptors have a good young bench and a few of them played for Stackhouse last year.  He will probably receive multiple HC offers this summer.

Rose was the manager of basketball operations for Atlanta.  Then he got the job of GM for their G-League team and he just wont exec of the year in the G-League.  I like him better than someone like Billups because he actually went out and paid his dues.  He took lesser jobs and went to the minor leagues to learn his craft.  Unlike Billups who just joined the media and expects to get a job.

I'm not sure that you are thinking outside of the box.

Stackhouse is making a pretty good name for himself, and if the Pistons do make a coaching change, that's a guy that I would like to see interviewed.  He's gone out and done it and has the credentials.  His name might also carry some weight with the players immediately as a former high level player.  Of the two attributes, I am much more worried about the former, but the latter can't hurt.

As for Rose, I agree with your rationale about he versus Billups.  I appreciate Billups' history as a player.  But what has he done in a front office capacity?  I guess I don't have much of an opinion about who to go after, but I do like the fact that Rose has been recognized for his work.

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

image.png.3eb80355d78fa8128f988314dedfc464.png

Glass houses, man.  Glass houses.

(Unless this isn't what you really look like.)

I’m taking this noted and deserved zinger like a man. Bravo sir!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Euphdude said:

He talks like one, looks like one, acts like one. I think we can confirm 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Malik Rose over Sam Hinkie?