davidsb

05/06/2014: Detroit Tigers (Ray) vs Houston Astros (Oberholtzer) 7:08p

From Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan, it is the musical styling's of...

bio.jpg

Julianne Ankley. Come cheer for our very own TigersSlappy's cousin as she sings the national anthem!!

Come for the anthem . . . stay for the game:

DETROIT TIGERS

hosting the

Houston Astros

Pitching Match-up

Robbie Ray (Major League DEBUT) vs. Brett Oberholtzer (0-5, 5.63 era)

71609-5149763Fr.jpg56658-1874584Fr.jpg

Happy birthday to these former Tigers:

Jose Alvarez(25), Phil Clark (46), Tom Bolton (52), Dick Wakefield (b1921), Al Wingo (b1898)

FoxSportsDetroit.png

whoa whoa whoa...does this game start in like 2 hours? Why is this up? Where do I post?

whoa whoa whoa...does this game start in like 2 hours? Why is this up? Where do I post?

wait... this is last year's game thread,,, before davidsb... some threads didn't have any posts

Mondays game was over, I was awake and I have a full day tomorrow so I thought I would post before I forgot. I appreciate your concern! :lick:

wait... this is last year's game thread,,, before davidsb... some threads didn't have any posts

Adult beverages at it's finest!

Tom Bolton. Exhibit A, with Allen McDill as Exhibit B, and Will Brunson as Exhibit C, as to why there is no such thing as a LOOGY. Randy Smith used to collect these guys.

How do you know if you're a LOOGY?

(a) you're lefthanded

(b) your Game Appearances exceed your Innings Pitched

© you suck

(d) you are never, ever allowed to face major league hitters, unless the bases are loaded and Jim Thome is up.

Adult beverages at it's finest!

Lots of us are drunk when we post in the game threads, but what we've always lacked is a guy who was drunk when he put up the game thread in the first place. You have found your place in the game thread pantheon sir.

Lots of us are drunk when we post in the game threads, but what we've always lacked is a guy who was drunk when he put up the game thread in the first place. You have found your place in the game thread pantheon sir.

Yes

finally a lush we can call our own

drunk.gif

This is my favorite post of the year thus far.

Man I hope Ray does well. I hope the bats hit enough to win. I know we're all getting greedy, but it would be such a shame to lose any of these against the 'stros.

Go Team. Go Tigers.

Coaches meeting tonight. I will likely miss most of Ray's debut no hitter. Rats!

Don't worry.... by the time he's done nobody will remember this no hitter. THe big one will come in October.

So, they have yet to place Ray on the 40 man roster.

Could this finally be the day that you-know-who gets released?

He'll get his 1.9 million, he'll be fine.....

So, they have yet to place Ray on the 40 man roster.

Could this finally be the day that you-know-who gets released?

He'll get his 1.9 million, he'll be fine.....

They only have 39 on the 40 man roster. Jordan Lennerton was already outrighted.

I expect a sellout tonight. Last night's attendance was poor, but that was expected with jack bauer on the tv.

I expect a sellout tonight. Last night's attendance was poor, but that was expected with jack bauer on the tv.

Should'of had Jack Bauer bobble head night last night.

Matthew B. Mowery ‏@matthewbmowery 18m

Prospect Robbie Ray excited, nervous to make his #MLB debut tonight for #Tigers.

That's the kind of stunning, personal, hometown journalism that Detroit has become known for. Take that, East Coast.

yeah but that's the Oakland Press.... consider that his stepping stone will be Pat Caputo.

Although when I checked his twitter feed i found this, which I didn't see anywhere else.

Matthew B. Mowery @matthewbmowery · 12h First pitch of #Tigers' Monday, Sept. 8 game vs. Kansas City (same night as #Lions Monday Night Football game) has been moved to 4:08 p.m.

yeah but that's the Oakland Press.... consider that his stepping stone will be Pat Caputo.

Although when I checked his twitter feed i found this, which I didn't see anywhere else.

Matthew B. Mowery @matthewbmowery · 12h First pitch of #Tigers' Monday, Sept. 8 game vs. Kansas City (same night as #Lions Monday Night Football game) has been moved to 4:08 p.m.

Is that parking mitigation or adding to the parking headache?

I've been to games when there was a huge concert at Ford Field, like Kenny Chesney which attracts a lot, and parking was a pain. Prices are jacked up. The thing with a 4 pm game is you still have some office people still parked but probably not as bad. This will help but I suspect a lot of people will go down early anyway. It'll probably be like an Opening Day.

I thought it would have been cool to have both games going on at the same time. We have tickets and my ticket partner also has Lions seats. He's going to sell MNF to make some money I think. We've always talked of pulling a DH if given the chance. It could have happened in 2006 if there was a game 5 in the ALCS.

Starting a new feature here on MTS... Like many of you I am known as the "Office Tiger Fan". that means it's rare to go anywhere without small talk from very casual Tiger Fans who get their news from Rod Allen and Bernie Smilovitz.. I'll share the best each day with you. Call it the Oblong Office Talk... said like Linda Richman.

Today's quote:

"Nice to see the bats finally wake up against the Astros"