Motor City Sonics

The 2014-15 Offseason

Assuming this is correct: Detroit Red Wings Free Agents - 2014-2015

Let go of Bertuzzi, Cleary, Emmerton (I think he has to be on a one-way contract now?), Quincey, Samuelsson, Tootoo, bring back the rest if possible. Although I'm assuming Legwand will have suitors (thought I doubt he leaves this late in his career, probably wants to be close to home). I'm sure they'll give offers to all the RFA's.

The ONLY roster management site you will ever need.

Detroit Red Wings Salary Cap Chart

Bertuzzi - already said they weren't bringing him back

Cleary - Scary article saying they were negotiating, hopefully it was wrong

Emmerton - they didn't tender him a qualifying offer, and he signed in the KHL. so wings won't even have his rights if he wants to come back. (The fans where he signed in Russia are mad about his signing, I can't believe the Wings gave him a role)

Quincey - It seems like the Wings don't want him back. I bet he gets a nice contract somewhere else. He was horrid during the first half of his last tenure in Detroit. I think he settled in to a good penalty killer that made REALLY big mistakes here and there. But I think the good outweighed the bad. He's not bad to have on your third pair.

Samuelsson - no way he comes back

Tootoo - compliance buyout, can't come back

Legwand supposedly has 10 teams interested. I'm fine with him leaving despite what it took to get him.

Wings made qualifying offers to Danny DeKeyser, Tomas Tatar, Riley Sheahan, Adam Almquist, Landon Ferraro, Mitch Callahan and A. Nestrasil Almquist is going to the KHL. Ferraro and Callahan have to clear waivers.

For some reason Niskanen at 7 years scares me. The chance for it to go really bad scares me. He was very good this last season, but otherwise he wasn't a 7 year sort of player.

I wish Ehrhoff would take 3-4 years in Detroit. But too many teams need top defensemen so you have to decide who you want to overpay/give too many years to.

The last I saw, the Cleary thing was a favor to him because he turned down a multi-year deal to come back last season. IIRC, it was going to be a two-way deal as well. I'm in the minority, but I'd love to have Cleary in Grand Rapids as a mentor for the young guys. His skill is certainly diminished, but he's always had a huge heart.

Bert, Sammy, Emmerton, and Tootoo, like you said, are gone-zo. I did see the Wings said they'd like Quincey back at a reduced salary, but I agree with you...someone will give him a multi-year deal for wayyy too much money.

Legwand is gone.

I'd love Niskanen. Defensemen always take longer to develop and I feel he'll be as good or better for at least half of the contract. I'd give him whatever he wants, flip Kindl for a draft pick to a floor team, and bring up one of the RHD in GR (Marchenko or Sproul) to play bottom pairing minutes with Smith.

Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Tatar

Nyquist/Weiss/Franzen

Free agent/Helm/Abdelkader

Miller/Sheahan/Jurco

Glendening

Kronwall/Niskanen

Ericsson/Dekeyser

Smith/Marchenko

Lashoff

I dont think 5 years for a 32 year old who never gets hurt is unreasonable but I guess Kenny's mind is made up on Ehroff. The stuff I've been hearing about Boyle from Sharks fans is spooky.

Ehrhoff to Pittsburgh on a one year deal for $4M...

LOLOLOL. So basically the Wings gave up. Either that, or free agents no longer see Detroit as a place to go and win.

Reports are that is was down to the Wings and Penguins for Ehrhoff, and length was the issue(?). Maybe the Wings offered too many years haha. Obviously Ehrhoff is looking to put up big numbers with Pittsburgh and cash in next offseason.

Goodie, so when the Wings miss out on Niskanen, they can bring back Kyle Quincey for another garbage-filled season of back-breaking turnovers and dumb penalties.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 49s

Dan Boyle also got a NMC from NYR...

Meh glad he chose that and a little less money.

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 1m

Boyle agent George Bazos tells Post: "We told teams that if Rangers made offer, decision wasn't going to be about money."

Ehrhoff on TSN: "My first priority was to be on a good team."

Dagger.

I don't think anyone could ever argue that Pitt isn't better than Detroit next season.

I am on a 5000ft mountain peak right more. 2000ft drop 10 steps away. I should probably stop reading this thread!

Can't wait to wrap up today with a Jovanovski signing.

Is he RH? If he is, it's a lock.

Can't really blame anyone. They went after the right guys, they just took jobs elsewhere.

Niskanen goes to Washington. He gets a 7 year deal for $40.25M.

Helene St. James says the Wings offered $38.5M, but were told earlier that Detroit wasn't going to be considered.

Lipstick on a pig folks. I don't care how much shiny crap you put downtown, it's still a shithole of a city and players don't want to have to commute 45 minutes to live someplace nice.

I am glad that so far the Wings don't seem to be panicking just to get bodies here. Not upset about Ehrhoff really. I think the guy is vastly overrated and is no better than Ericsson.

I am glad that so far the Wings don't seem to be panicking just to get bodies here. Not upset about Ehrhoff really. I think the guy is vastly overrated and is no better than Ericsson.

I'm really afraid they're going to make a panic trade.