Week 10 - vs Dolphins

Week 11 - @ Cardinals

Week 12 - @ Patriots

Week 13 - vs Bears (Thanksgiving)

Week 14 - vs Buccaneers

Week 15 - vs Vikings

Week 16 - @ Bears

Week 17 - @ Packers

Man, a couple frigid games to finish out the season.

Four of the last 6 against the Bears, Pats, and Packers. Woof

Outside of that it isn't awful. Happy they got the bye after that ridiculous London game. Thank God they have the Saints at home but they have a lot of games against teams they should hypothetically beat.

Here is the schedule:

Week 1 - vs Giants (MNF)

Week 2 - @ Panthers

Week 3 - vs Packers

Week 4 - @ Jets

Week 5 - vs Bills

Week 6 - @ Vikings

Week 7 - vs Saints

Week 8 - vs Falcons (London)

Week 9 - Bye

Week 10 - vs Dolphins

Week 11 - @ Cardinals

Week 12 - @ Patriots

Week 13 - vs Bears (Thanksgiving)

Week 14 - vs Buccaneers

Week 15 - vs Vikings

Week 16 - @ Bears

Week 17 - @ Packers

My initial reaction as things stand now.

We knew who we were going to play, this is just the order. Couple cold games to end the season. Lets do this.

Four of the last 6 against the Bears, Pats, and Packers. Woof

But....isn't it fun to think these games may mean something? If we're 8-2 with these 6 to go, great. 2-8 and they mean nothing.

Week 1 - vs Giants (MNF) WIN 1-0

Week 2 - @ Panthers LOSS 1-1

Week 3 - vs Packers LOSS 1-2

Week 4 - @ Jets LOSS 1-3

Week 5 - vs Bills WIN 2-3

Week 6 - @ Vikings WIN 3-3

Week 7 - vs Saints LOSS 3-4

Week 8 - vs Falcons (London) LOSS 3-5

Week 9 - Bye

Week 10 - vs Dolphins WIN 4-5

Week 11 - @ Cardinals LOSS 4-6

Week 12 - @ Patriots LOSS 4-7

Week 13 - vs Bears (Thanksgiving) WIN 5-7

Week 14 - vs Buccaneers WIN 6-7

Week 15 - vs Vikings WIN 7-7

Week 16 - @ Bears LOSS 7-8

Week 17 - @ Packers LOSS 7-9

I am surprised we are playing the Bears on Thanksgiving, don't we usually switch every year between AFC and NFC so that CBS and FOX also switch? Last year we played the packers, I assumed it would be an AFC team this year.

What a crappy break getting the Bears and Packers on the road to close out the season on what is sure to be frozen tundras by then, you can mark those two down as losses right now.

I am surprised we are playing the Bears on Thanksgiving, don't we usually switch every year between AFC and NFC so that CBS and FOX also switch? Last year we played the packers, I assumed it would be an AFC team this year.

Yes, it should have been an AFC team this year. But, the NFL has some new cross-flex system in place. They also saw that the opponent would have been either the Bills or the Dolphins & likely said no to that. The other games on Thanksgiving are Dallas/Philadelphia & Seattle/San Francisco, so the AFC got left out of Thanksgiving this year.

I say 5-11.

Cross-flex actually has to do with TV. Certain NFC games can be shown on CBS & certain AFC games on FOX.

Edited by juiceman

Yes, it should have been an AFC team this year. But, the NFL has some new cross-flex system in place. They also saw that the opponent would have been either the Bills or the Dolphins & likely said no to that. The other games on Thanksgiving are Dallas/Philadelphia & Seattle/San Francisco, so the AFC got left out of Thanksgiving this year.

I say 5-11.

Ahhh--I found an article too:

2014 NFL Schedule: No AFC teams on Thanksgiving Day - NFL.com

... The all-NFC lineup is an example of the NFL utilizing what Around The League first reported as the "cross flex" mechanism, which allows select games to be flexed between CBS and FOX. In the past, a game with two NFC teams had to be on FOX and a game with two AFC teams had to be on CBS.

The Lions' Thanksgiving Day game is slated to air on CBS in 2014....

What a crappy break getting the Bears and Packers on the road to close out the season on what is sure to be frozen tundras by then, you can mark those two down as losses right now.

It your thinking that the Lions tend to play the Packers in Green Bay late in the season you wouldn't be wrong. I just looked back at the last 10 years (including the 2014 season). Of the 10 times we played in Green Bay, 7 were in December! 70% of the time we're outside in Wisconsin late in the season. In fact, 4 times (including this year) it was the last game of the season.

If you look at the previous 10 years (1995-2004) we visited the Packers only twice in December.

Ahhh--I found an article too:

2014 NFL Schedule: No AFC teams on Thanksgiving Day - NFL.com

The Lions' Thanksgiving Day game is slated to air on CBS in 2014....

Yuck... maybe it's just cause I'm used to the Fox games, but I hate when the Lions play on CBS. It just seems like they're interrupting a lot more with this dumb little theme song.

And of course the CBS guys know a lot less about the Lions than the Fox guys do. Not saying the CBS guys are stupid... but when the far majority of your games are with AFC teams, you'll learn those teams better than you'll learn NFC teams. That means a lot more inaccurate stories, names, explanations, etc.

I really wish that they would do dual broadcasters. If we can have home and away broadcasters doing TV for each baseball game in a 162 game season, why can't we have home and away broadcasters for football?

We would be at that London game if we were not about to have kids. We have been wanting to go to London for years now. It would have been the perfect set up.

better be 10-4 going into week 16 if we want to make the playoffs. Either way its not a good situation b/c if we have momentum going into Chi it will be more than likely squashed...at best we go 1-1 and more than likely going 0-2 and head into the playoffs, on the road, on a 2 game losing streak. It can be done but by no means ideal. LET'S GO STAFFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It your thinking that the Lions tend to play the Packers in Green Bay late in the season you wouldn't be wrong. I just looked back at the last 10 years (including the 2014 season). Of the 10 times we played in Green Bay, 7 were in December! 70% of the time we're outside in Wisconsin late in the season. In fact, 4 times (including this year) it was the last game of the season.

If you look at the previous 10 years (1995-2004) we visited the Packers only twice in December.

Yeah, and the Lions always lose those games and i don't see this year being any different unless the Packers have everything locked up and rest a bunch of starters and even then, i could see the Lions losing (cough Flynn cough).

I always prepare for the inevitable Lambeau loss but it's the fact that they play the Bears and Packers on the road back to back to close the season that especially sucks. They will need to be at least 10-4 in all likelihood going into those games if they want to make the playoffs.

Here is the schedule:

Man, a couple frigid games to finish out the season.

Pre-draft prediction:

Week 1 - vs Giants (MNF) Win (1-0)

Week 2 - @ Panthers Lose (1-1)

Week 3 - vs Packers Lose (1-2)

Week 4 - @ Jets Win (2-2)

Week 5 - vs Bills Win (3-2)

Week 6 - @ Vikings Win (4-2)

Week 7 - vs Saints Lose (4-3)

Week 8 - vs Falcons (London) Lose (4-4)

Week 9 - Bye

Week 10 - vs Dolphins Lose (4-5)

Week 11 - @ Cardinals Lose (4-6)

Week 12 - @ Patriots Lose (4-7)

Week 13 - vs Bears (Thanksgiving) Win (5-7)

Week 14 - vs Buccaneers Win (6-7)

Week 15 - vs Vikings Lose (6-8)

Week 16 - @ Bears Win (7-8)

Week 17 - @ Packers Lose (7-9)

They finish the season 1-9 against teams over .500 (Packers, Bears, Patriots, Cardinals, Dolphins, Falcons, Saints, Panthers)

Edited by EchO

We would be at that London game if we were not about to have kids. We have been wanting to go to London for years now. It would have been the perfect set up.

I think I have tickets promised for this game :-) With some luck ones from someone who knows someone so they'll be behind one of the endzones...

Pre-draft prediction:

Week 1 - vs Giants (MNF) Win (1-0)

Week 2 - @ Panthers Lose (1-1)

Week 3 - vs Packers Lose (1-2)

Week 4 - @ Jets Win (2-2)

Week 5 - vs Bills Win (3-2)

Week 6 - @ Vikings Win (4-2)

Week 7 - vs Saints Lose (4-3)

Week 8 - vs Falcons (London) Lose (4-4)

Week 9 - Bye

Week 10 - vs Dolphins Lose (4-5)

Week 11 - @ Cardinals Lose (4-6)

Week 12 - @ Patriots Lose (4-7)

Week 13 - vs Bears (Thanksgiving) Win (5-7)

Week 14 - vs Buccaneers Win (6-7)

Week 15 - vs Vikings Lose (6-8)

Week 16 - @ Bears Win (7-8)

Week 17 - @ Packers Lose (7-9)

They finish the season 1-9 against teams over .500 (Packers, Bears, Patriots, Cardinals, Dolphins, Falcons, Saints, Panthers)

But you have them beating the bears twice...

I think I have tickets promised for this game :-) With some luck ones from someone who knows someone so they'll be behind one of the endzones...

Are you a big Lions fan?

I started looking at how old the kids would be after they were born on that date....3 months...lol noway we make it.

I got stuck in the airport there a couple years ago and have to say it was one of the nicer airports I have been stuck in and the people were SUPER nice. I would LOVE to actually visit that place. Someday maybe...