davidsb

04/22/2014: Detroit Tigers (Verlander) vs Chicago White Sox (Leesman) 7:08

From Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan, it is the...

DETROIT TIGERS

hosting the

Chicago White Sox

Pitching Match-up

Justin Verlander vs. Charlie Leesman

56744-134Fr.jpg10022-BP54Fr.jpg

FoxSportsDetroit.png

White Sox are basically an AAA team. No reason to lose the series to that trash team. None.

I don't put weight on single games because anything can happen, but doggone it we need to win this @#$@#$% game tonight. Verlander vs. Leesman? Puh-leese.

This was in last nights game, but how was Ventura able to force a challenge when he lost one already?

The challenge rules for innings 7-9 are confusing to me.

I think that the umpires can choose to review a play in those innings regardless of a manager having their challenge left.

If a manager still has a challenge remaining he can force the umpires to review a play in the event that the umpires don't decide to do it themselves.

This was in last nights game, but how was Ventura able to force a challenge when he lost one already?

Umpires discretion after the 7th.

Umpires discretion after the 7th.

and since it was CB Bucknor that made the call it was pretty clear they should review it.

Lynn Henning is blaming Cabrera's struggles on Comerica Park. So, now we know the reason.

and since it was CB Bucknor that made the call it was pretty clear they should review it.

How many reviews did we have yesterday? 3 was it? Seemed like it took a long time. I know Mario kept calling out how long each one was...like he was told to point out how long each one was so they could keep track or something.

I like getting the call right more than anything, but it does kinda screw with the flow of a game.

Lynn Henning is blaming Cabrera's struggles on Comerica Park. So, now we know the reason.

Well...yeah...that makes sense.

While I don't think that henning's point about Comerica being a cause of cabrera's slow start is correct, I don't blame him for getting defensive about the Comerica dimensions.

Left center through right center are pretty deep.

While the stats show that Comerica is a neutral park offensively, it's not necessarily true that it is neutral for home runs, or for balls hit to left center through right center.

Every hitter is different. It could certainly be the case that the park limits cabrera's home run ability over the long term.

While I don't think that henning's point about Comerica being a cause of cabrera's slow start is correct, I don't blame him for getting defensive about the Comerica dimensions.

While the stats show that Comerica is a neutral park offensively, it's not necessarily true that it is neutral for home runs, or for balls hit to left center through right center.

Every hitter is different. It could certainly be the case that the park limits cabrera's home run ability over the long term.

It's pull hitter's park and a fastball pitcher's park, which is pretty much exactly what they meant it to be. Henning has always had a bug up his rear about CoPa. Move to Baltimore Lynn, we have a park which is exactly great for great baseball.

Sure, it might take away a couple of home runs throughout the course of a season for a given hitter, but it also gives back hits. Every park has some give and take. There is nothing extreme about Comerica Park. It's neutral.

Leesman walks alot of batters. Unfortunately, we need hits...If A A keeps whiffing, it's gonna drive me crazy.....

Sure, it might take away a couple of home runs throughout the course of a season for a given hitter, but it also gives back hits. Every park has some give and take. There is nothing extreme about Comerica Park. It's neutral.

I hate 400' home runs to dead center. No ballpark should allow them. Nothing I hated worse in the 90's than to see a shortstop half check his swing and drop the ball over a short center field wall. Shoudda been a law......

Not suprised Chris Sale was put on 15 day dl. The way he throws, lucky he made it this long without arm trouble....

Edited by THECATMAC

Henning has always had a bug up his rear about CoPa.

This. And now that Cabrera is struggling, Henning can beat on a dead horse again.

Didn't Cabrera win a triple crown playing his home games under these extreme conditions?

Cabrera last year hit 27 home runs on the road and 17 at home. In 2012 he hit 28 at home and 16 on the road. Almost a complete 180. Weird.

How many reviews did we have yesterday? 3 was it? Seemed like it took a long time. I know Mario kept calling out how long each one was...like he was told to point out how long each one was so they could keep track or something.

I like getting the call right more than anything, but it does kinda screw with the flow of a game.

I think MLB is letting some of the calls on the field stand unless it's totally obvious the ump was wrong. They don't want 60% or 70% of the calls overturned. It would show just how bad the umps really are and it would force them to give each team more challenges. Why should a team suffer if an ump makes bad call after bad call?

As for the flow of the game? I don't agree. I would rather have the umps stand around with headsets for 2-3 minutes than to have a player/manager screaming at an ump for 5 minutes, getting ejected and then arguing for another 5 minutes. There's 10 minutes right there, on one call. And then it stands, whether it was right or wrong.

I don't mind replay. Get it right. I haven't been following too much but has there been any obvious results after replay? Other than rule interpretations?

Are the umps getting 'worse' or is our technology making it obvious when before we couldn't tell?