davidsb

04/21/2014: Detroit Tigers (Sanchez) vs Chicago White Sox (Danks) 7:08

Sequencing did us in. It was also a game of inches with Abreau's double barely fair and Avila just missing on the tag at home. That was the 2 run difference.

That was an unlucky loss, but they've had a few go there way, as well. When you are basically even in run differential, that's going to happen. They obviously really need Cabrera to turn it around.

It is unbelievable.. the Tigers are playing like crap, but every time you look at the standings....

. . .. they are still in first place

yup - lead runner means nothing as long as he is not a DP possibility.

So Martinez gets the walk but that does put the DP in order.

Oops. Meant to say that Titus' call that they would work around New Martinez was a good call.

Edited by Chili Mac Davis

Sequencing did us in. It was also a game of inches with Abreau's double barely fair and Avila just missing on the tag at home. That was the 2 run difference.

That was an unlucky loss, but they've had a few go there way, as well. When you are basically even in run differential, that's going to happen. They obviously really need Cabrera to turn it around.

I wouldnt call it luck, id call it the failure of your best players to produce against a bad pitcher.

The prick is in consistent

Lowest ERA in the league last year. He hardly deserves this nonsense.

I wouldnt call it luck, id call it the failure of your best players to produce against a bad pitcher.

Then you don't understand luck because their best player is getting unlucky.

Then you don't understand luck because their best player is getting unlucky.

I'm not sure it's luck with Cabrera. He may not be right because of the surgery this offseason on his "core muscles." I'm not a doctor, but those sound like important muscles and maybe it will take a little while to get everything back the way it was.

Well, the Tigers had 9 hits and 4 walks and the White Sox had 5 hits and one walk. The Sox had one more extra base hit on a ball that was barely fair, if it was at all. The sequencing of the events and a couple plays that could have gone either way accounted for the differences in the runs.

From a complete black and white perspective that completely dismisses variability in baseball outcomes in one single game, then sure, the story would be the failure of Kinsler and Cabrera to deliver in key spots.

I'm not sure it's luck with Cabrera. He may not be right because of the surgery this offseason on his "core muscles." I'm not a doctor, but those sound like important muscles and maybe it will take a little while to get everything back the way it was.

But I think he's hitting the ball hard. It's just going right at the defenders. If he were hitting a lot of lazy popups if be more worried.

But I think he's hitting the ball hard. It's just going right at the defenders. If he were hitting a lot of lazy popups if be more worried.

I think he's hitting the ball hard in relation the most players, but I think he's not hitting the ball as hard as he normally does.