davidsb

04/21/2014: Detroit Tigers (Sanchez) vs Chicago White Sox (Danks) 7:08

They cant score a damn run off an awful pitcher. They dont really deserve to win right now.

on the plus side, the interminable delay may be doing the job on Danks the Tigers couldn't.

I'm really sick of replay already. Ventura lost his damn challenge & should not be able to "ask" for them to take a look.

Our offense is really terrible at this point regardless. They are the reason we are only 9-6 & very well may lose this game.

Regardless of if the Tigers benefit of a replay, it really disrupts the flow of the game. After one-month, I remain skeptical.

Hate to say it, but I would be in favor of replay only in playoff games.

The ball was smoked over his head. I know it's trendy to criticize Jackson and his defense.

He's made many catches off the wall in dead center in his time. On this one he got turned around both ways than then and couldn't get to the wall in time. Not a horrible play, but one he made routinely 3-4 years ago. If he can't get to a ball that lands at the base of the wall maybe he is playing in too far.

BTW, when is Avila going to start catching crap for being horrible at the plate? I don't care how well he handles a pitching staff...dude is an absolute black hole of suck at the plate and has been for over a full year. That, to me, is a bigger issue than short stop, because the Tigers should be able to "get by" with Worth/Romine/any other crap they roll out at SS...but there is absolutely nothing at C in the organization to alleviate Avila. Holaday, who is bad, and then what? McCann?

They cant score a damn run off an awful pitcher. They dont really deserve to win right now.

The whole offense for whatever reason in April can't produce ****

This game got out of hand quickly. Offense is anemic when Miguel isn't hitting.

I miss johnny peralta.

The ball was smoked over his head. I know it's trendy to criticize Jackson and his defense.

I know it's trendy to be a jackass and argue about everything but Jackson had come to a complete stop just before the warning track before the. All even landed on the warning track. There was probably room for him to catch it, or at least make an attempt.

He's made many catches off the wall in dead center in his time. On this one he got turned around both ways than then and couldn't get to the wall in time. Not a horrible play, but one he made routinely 3-4 years ago. If he can't get to a ball that lands at the base of the wall maybe he is playing in too far.

He did not make that routinely. It's 420 to center in Comerica. I have never seen a CF make a play on the ball off the CF wall in Comerica. Tigers or opponents.

BTW, when is Avila going to start catching crap for being horrible at the plate? I don't care how well he handles a pitching staff...dude is an absolute black hole of suck at the plate and has been for over a full year. That, to me, is a bigger issue than short stop, because the Tigers should be able to "get by" with Worth/Romine/any other crap they roll out at SS...but there is absolutely nothing at C in the organization to alleviate Avila. Holaday, who is bad, and then what? McCann?

but.....but....catcher era!!!! Pitch framing!!!!!

You can frame a curveball next to the mona lisa and you still dont belong in the majors if you cant hit .150.

I know it's trendy to be a jackass and argue about everything but Jackson had come to a complete stop just before the warning track before the. All even landed on the warning track. There was probably room for him to catch it, or at least make an attempt.

Just to be clear, are you calling me a jackass?

I think the trendy thing is to gripe about Jackson's defense and Avila's strikeouts.

Edited by sagnam

He did not make that routinely. It's 420 to center in Comerica. I have never seen a CF make a play on the ball off the CF wall in Comerica. Tigers or opponents.

you haven't been watching the tigers then.

but.....but....catcher era!!!! Pitch framing!!!!!

You can frame a curveball next to the mona lisa and you still dont belong in the majors if you cant hit .150.

He's hitting 8 points higher than that, so he still belongs. What's worse, a catcher hitting .158 or a first baseman hitting .210?