Yoda

Gonzalez released, Worth up

Per twitter. Discussed in the game thread but I know a lot of people don't check those every day.

Gonzalez just released a statement saying that Dombrowski held him back.

They tried to hit a home run, but they should have tried for a single. They had Worth here all along.

Jason Beck ‏@beckjason 1m

Gonzalez released. Worth's contract purchased.

Wow, gone after a 30 AB tryout (and 3 errors for a 903 FP) - so much for scouting.

They tried to hit a home run, but they should have tried for a single. They had Worth here all along.

Yup. I suppose losing Lombardozzi is going to be no great shakes, but I would still much rather have kept him than acquire Gonzalez for a month.

Yup. I suppose losing Lombardozzi is going to be no great shakes, but I would still much rather have kept him than acquire Gonzalez for a month.

Meh. This all boils down to losing our ss. There was a sudden need and lombardozzi was essentially wasting a roster spot. It was a needed trade, just didn't work out. To nobody's surprise.

Curious what move is next for the Mud Hens. They have only 4 infielders as of today (Lennerton, Douglas, Perez, Hessman). No game for them today, they played a doubleheader yesterday and have a rare Sunday off.

Well, Danny has 21 K in 52 AB against AAA pitching so far in Toledo this spring, so my enthusiasm needs no further curbing.

Meh. This all boils down to losing our ss. There was a sudden need and lombardozzi was essentially wasting a roster spot. It was a needed trade, just didn't work out. To nobody's surprise.

I understand the deal was made because of Iglesias. I think using Romine/Worth would have been fine. Kelly/Davis in LF. Lombardozzi as the last non catcher position bench spot.

Curious what move is next for the Mud Hens. They have only 4 infielders as of today (Lennerton, Douglas, Perez, Hessman). No game for them today, they played a doubleheader yesterday and have a rare Sunday off.

Betancourt gonna make the leap!

(he's my ex-AAT, I have a rooting interest.)

Edited by Gehringer_2

Well, there's a trade fail for you............At least we didn't have to watch the fail all year long like we did with Edgar Rent-a wreck.

Betancourt gonna make the leap!

(he's my ex-AAT, I have a rooting interest.)

Eugenio Suarez? Marcus Lemon (who started the season in Toledo )?

Several years ago, maybe at the tail end of the Randy Smith era, Toledo played a few games with a backup catcher playing 2B, a pitcher as the DH, and no position players on the bench.

Wondering if scouts Bruce Tanner and Jeff Wetherby (two scouts who saw Gonzalez play in Winter Ball) are looking for work right now

During the "Brad Ausmus Show" the guy Dan Dickerson was interviewing mentioned that Gonzalez speed was not getting done... wonder if that is both range on defense and speed on the base paths... He said it as that was the main problem

Edited by Titus Tiger