davidsb

04/18/2014: Detroit Tigers (Smyly) vs Los Angeles Angels (Weaver) 7:08

Is it mid or late October yet? It must be because the Tigers look dead.

You spoke too soon.

after tonight, the Tigers might be the only team above (barely) .500 in the AL Central

who put the magnet

next to the compass

This Nook Logan story is hilarious especially given some of the the threads we had about his exploits.

Ex-Tiger Nook Logan voices displeasure about being held back on bases by Detroit Tigers in Twitter rant | MLive.com

When asked by FOX Sports Detroit's Dave Hogg whether general manager Dave Dombrowski was directly responsible for limiting his production on the bases, Logan replied in a tweet: "Now (you're) on (the) right path."

"I was a Randy Smith draft pick," Logan tweeted.

He was held back because every time he broke the sound barrier going from first to second surrounding buildings lost windows. Management tired of paying for the damage.

Tigs at 174 pitches. May need to go to unprecedented 14 man staff. That would involve cutting Gonzales and leaving DK as only non-catcher sub:cheeky:

Tigs at 174 pitches. May need to go to unprecedented 14 man staff. That would involve cutting Gonzales and leaving DK as only non-catcher sub:cheeky:

Not sure how accurate this is, but FalseDaveDumbrowski just tweeted that he is sending Holaday down and purchasing the contract of the pitching machine from Toledo to add depth to the Tiger bullpen.

We are in first place, we have only played 13 games, and yet it already feels like a long season. I hate being a candyass dilettante. I need to try harder to be a man about these setbacks.

Hey, you got your six runs.
I was going to mention that but it was small solace, like being told by the prettiest girl in school that she thinks you have a good personality.

I was going to mention that but it was small solace, like being told by the prettiest girl in school that she thinks you have a good personality.

More like having the ugliest girl in school tell you that.

A whole lot of blowouts tonight. Phillies down 10-1. Yankees beat 11-5. Rangers over White Sox 12-0. Oakland over Houston 8-0.

We are in first place, we have only played 13 games, and yet it already feels like a long season. I hate being a candyass dilettante. I need to try harder to be a man about these setbacks.

Funny that early in the game Price thought the umpire was not a good match for Weaver and that he would have trouble because of it. Then it ends up Smyly makes so many mistakes over the plate no ump could help him. :dead:

Then it just got silly

Of course Smyly is unproven but I don't see where anyone is calling him a Cy young winner either. I don't think what optimism is there is midplaced or overblown.

He's supposed to be starter and he has pitched 6 innings in three weeks? Maybe he ends up dog-meat this season, but you aren't going to get any kind of honest read on a starter until you let him at least get into some kind of a regular work schedule.

He's supposed to be starter and he has pitched 6 innings in three weeks? Maybe he ends up dog-meat this season, but you aren't going to get any kind of honest read on a starter until you let him at least get into some kind of a regular work schedule.

Agreed.

Ah well, can't win 'em all. Go get 'em tomorrow and Sunday.

Exactly. While I was disappointed, I will take this loss as just one of ~65. But I will take it every time if it means a Wings playoff win. :classic: