lordstanley

04/18/14 2013-14: ADSF Game 1 Wings @ Bruins 7:30PM NBCSP FSN-D 97.1 FM

Give Bruins announcer Jack Edwards props - he knew greatness as soon as it happened

Give Bruins announcer Jack Edwards props - he knew greatness as soon as it happened

I love listening to Jack Edwards. He has a great voice, when he gets over the top I think he does it a bit tongue in cheek, and he's a fan of great players on other teams.

Here you can hear Ken & Mick's call of Datsyuk's goal:

Oh. My. @&$%^^.

DATSYUK!!!!!!!-!&:.@;&

Unbelievable goal. What a game, what a performance. There is absolutely nothing like playoff hockey. I didn't post for while for a reason. From the first puck drop my heart rate is immediately elevated.

It's a good drug.

Was at the Tigers game last night and I had had enough by the end of the 6th (figures they scored 5 right after I left). Walked over to Hockeytown and couldn't have been there ten minutes just in time to see Pavel's goal. Place erupted. I'm still amazed every time he makes a move like that. Sounds like they played a pretty solid defensive game and man did Jimmy make a couple of great stops in the last 5 minutes.

Have to be greedy now. Boston is nervous now and on the ropes with all the pressure in the world on their shoulders tomorrow. Just need this effort again tomorrow and come home up 2-0.

Lucic fined $5,000.

So Quenneville gets a $25K fine for doing a Michael Jackson impression and Lucic gets a 1/5 of that for almost lifting DeKeyser off his feet pitchfork style. Love you NHL.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 25s

Lucic: "I’ve been in the league for seven years and I think I’ve only done that three times. I don’t know why I did it.”

Hilarious. Only three times.

Lucic fined $5,000.

So Quenneville gets a $25K fine for doing a Michael Jackson impression and Lucic gets a 1/5 of that for almost lifting DeKeyser off his feet pitchfork style. Love you NHL.

Players have a CBA, coaches dont. Thats the long and the short of it.

biggest bummer after a great game like this is waiting a whole day for the next one. I wish it were tonight.

biggest bummer after a great game like this is waiting a whole day for the next one. I wish it were tonight.

During the Tigers game today, I as thinking it would be good to have Hockey tonight.... but the extra gives Babcock and the wings some strategy time and the Bruins time to stew..

I love listening to Jack Edwards. He has a great voice, when he gets over the top I think he does it a bit tongue in cheek, and he's a fan of great players on other teams.

Jack over the top - never :cheeky:

Boston is very nervous tonight as we know the Red Wings are not really a #8 seed.

Here is a factoid of note - Claude Julien has NEVER won a game at Joe Louis Arena as a coach.

This series however smells like a full 7.

Before the series began I would have been satisfied with the series coming down to a Game 7 and I still would be willing to take my chances with that. The more an underdog can reduce a best of 7 to a best of 5 or 3 or 1 the better. The Bruins would need to win 4 of the next 5 to avoid a Game 7 so the Wings have a decent chance of stretching it that far.

I think the Bruins will win in 6.

Quite possible, but I can say this: the Wings' chance to win the series has risen since Friday afternoon .

Quite possible, but I can say this: the Wings' chance to win the series has risen since Friday afternoon .

To be sure.

All I mean is the Bruins are a better team and it is going to require the Wings' defense to be in true lock down mode at least 3 more games paired with forwards converting chances at a good rate in 3 games in which the defense are in that lock down mode.

I expect the Bruins to emerge, but the Wings certainly can win the series.

To be sure.

All I mean is the Bruins are a better team and it is going to require the Wings' defense to be in true lock down mode at least 3 more games paired with forwards converting chances at a good rate in 3 games in which the defense are in that lock down mode.

I know that, but who can pass up the opportunity to make a Good Friday-Easter joke :cheeky: