Deleterious

Everything Monroe

I bet a lot of people feel SVG can get more out of Jennings and Smith. I can't really fault them for thinking that since the coaching was so terrible last year.

I bet a lot of people feel SVG can get more out of Jennings and Smith. I can't really fault them for thinking that since the coaching was so terrible last year.

The coaching really was bad last year. The string of coaches really is something else.

As much as I despise Josh Smith, I think he's a better player than Brandon Jennings. At least Smith can play defense if you play him at PF.

Ugh, they're both so awful. So very, very awful.

Just realized from watching an interview with Greg what is wrong with his awkward looking jumper. He's right handed. His dad for some reason told him to shoot lefty when he was a kid. Everything not basketball related, his dominant hand is his right.

https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/481537452889219074

SVG on Monroe being a RFA: "The decision has been made. I don't want to commit publicly to what we'd do, whether it's a max offer or (less)"

Monroe is a big deal so I'm going to try and keep everything about him in here or new threads. Anything but the off season thread.

Any predictions on how this goes down? Here is mine.

Detroit offers 4/$55M and Monroe says no but keeps talking with them. He is also talking to other teams in hopes of a max offer sheet which he will sign with just about any team because he knows Detroit will match any offer.

Odds of a sign-and-trade are slim since I don't think you really get fair value most of the time. If Monroe is to be traded Detroit will match and trade him next summer IMO.

I didn't really think of it until I read it somewhere else. But Asik to NO kills any idea of trading Monroe there.

https://twitter.com/judefox10/statuses/482219857836920832

Suns exploring trade value of EB post July1st/As part of a sign-and-trade with a team of BLEDSOE's choosing

One of the few S&T's I would be interested in for Monroe. The problem is, and this is a problem for a lot of S&T's, Detroit might look less promising losing Monroe and Bledsoe might not be interested.

Not sure if the Lakers were mentioned previously, but saw today that they might make a run at Monroe.

I'd love to land Bledsoe

x2

I'd be so giddy if we landed him via SnT

Does anyone consider a trade of Greg Monroe for Ryan Anderson a good trade for the Pistons?

Does anyone consider a trade of Greg Monroe for Ryan Anderson a good trade for the Pistons?

I am in favor of it.

Any fear of back problems in the future?

Yes, and this is why I don't do the trade. Monroe is good for 80 games a year. He has not had any significant injuries 4 years into his NBA career. That is very important, as big men can break down quickly.