Deleterious

Everything Monroe

Those numbers are disgusting and you still haven't counted the $16M owed Lin.

They don't have to take both. I don't get how they're disgusting. I think you're insane on that one. Parsons is a stud, a near 8 win player and Asik was an upper half starting C when he was still starting. Half of Asik's money isn't on the cap and I think its worth taking a hit like that in order to secure a young all star caliber player.

They don't have to take both. I don't get how they're disgusting. I think you're insane on that one. Parsons is a stud, a near 8 win player and Asik was an upper half starting C when he was still starting. Half of Asik's money isn't on the cap and I think its worth taking a hit like that in order to secure a young all star caliber player.

Unless you move Lin in a separate deal, they absolutely have to take both. Melo is going to have a cap number north of $20M.

Melo is going to Chicago over Houston, I mean have you seen Chicago's North Side? Houston can't compare.

just think what would happen if he saw farmington hills! If only we had the cap space to lure lebron.

once theyve seen the magic of 696 its hard to go back to the tiny little island of manhattan.

just think what would happen if he saw farmington hills! If only we had the cap space to lure lebron.

once theyve seen the magic of 696 its hard to go back to the tiny little island of manhattan.

I recall Chicago tried to sign Lebron. Guess he wasn't impressed with the restaurants.

I always forget about the North side.

I like the North Side. That part of Chicago really is fun. I went to a bar near wrigley once where they had dualing pianos and ski ball on the second floor, that was neat.

I always liked Chicago. But 95% of the time I have been there it was on vacation. I even like the U.P. when I'm on vacation.

I like the North Side. That part of Chicago really is fun. I went to a bar near wrigley once where they had dualing pianos and ski ball on the second floor, that was neat.

Chicago is OK. The problem is the people. People from Chicago bash Detroit more than people from any other city. It is their inferiority complex. They can look at Detroit and see it was a city that was once its equal that has declined faster than they have. All the same things they say about Detroit can be applied to them. They think Chicago is still relevant on the coasts. No one from DC to Boston aspires to go to Chicago, nor does anyone from Los Angeles to Seattle. People on the coasts can see Chicago is declining. Unfortunately, the people from Chicago don't and still think they're the second city. Chicago can attract people from the Midwest because it's big, cheap, and close. Not sure why Lebron was mentioned. Detroit was never interested in Lebron but Chicago was and failed to sign him.

Unless you move Lin in a separate deal, they absolutely have to take both. Melo is going to have a cap number north of $20M.

Yah, I only do so much to help Houston get him. If they can put themselves in position to sign him where I don't have to take Lin, I'm willing to talk deal and take Asik off your hands. Asik and Parsons would be good assets for NY to have even at their prices. 15.7 mil combined is a steal.

Chicago is OK. The problem is the people. People from Chicago bash Detroit more than people from any other city. It is their inferiority complex. They can look at Detroit and see it was a city that was once its equal that has declined faster than they have. All the same things they say about Detroit can be applied to them. They think Chicago is still relevant on the coasts. No one from DC to Boston aspires to go to Chicago, nor does anyone from Los Angeles to Seattle. People on the coasts can see Chicago is declining. Unfortunately, the people from Chicago don't and still think they're the second city. Chicago can attract people from the Midwest because it's big, cheap, and close. Not sure why Lebron was mentioned. Detroit was never interested in Lebron but Chicago was and failed to sign him.

This is the most hilarious post in this whole forum. Right up there with the idea that other teams will have to give up their superstars and first round lottery picks for Greg Monroe.

Chicago has an inferiority complex about a lot of things. Detroit is not one of those things. Even Cleveland makes fun of Detroit. Must be because they're so jealous of the awesome suburbs.

People come to Chicago because it's cheap? Ha ha ha ha!

LeBron was mentioned as a joke. Kind of like your post...

Yeah, Chicago was crazy expensive when I looked a moving a few years ago. I guess you could say its cheaper than NYC or Los Angeles.

This is the most hilarious post in this whole forum. Right up there with the idea that other teams will have to give up their superstars and first round lottery picks for Greg Monroe.

Chicago has an inferiority complex about a lot of things. Detroit is not one of those things. Even Cleveland makes fun of Detroit. Must be because they're so jealous of the awesome suburbs.

People come to Chicago because it's cheap? Ha ha ha ha!

LeBron was mentioned as a joke. Kind of like your post...

I didn't say they have an inferiority complex against Detroit, just in general. Chicago compared to actual world class cities such as New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, DC is cheap. It's even cheaper than the next tier such as Boston and Seattle. Not sure why you keep going on about Detroit's suburbs. It's not like people are moving to Chicago judging by the last census and five of the last six decades.

I didn't say they have an inferiority complex against Detroit, just in general. Chicago compared to actual world class cities such as New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, DC is cheap. It's even cheaper than the next tier such as Boston and Seattle. Not sure why you keep going on about Detroit's suburbs. It's not like people are moving to Chicago judging by the last census and five of the last six decades.

I am making jokes about Detroit's suburbs because multiple people keep bringing them up as the top suburbs in the Country. Which is silly.

Chicago has many of the same problems that Detroit has (it's in the industrial Midwest, it has poor leadership - except Chicago's mayors are better than Detroit's, and it is beholden to its public unions who are intent on bankrupting it with ridiculous expectations), but it has a much more diverse economy than Detroit. Chicago is the financial center for the Midwest, Detroit is the auto capital of the US and a natural gateway to Canada. Chicago is a nice place to live and draws people from all over the Midwest and the great Big Ten universities, Detroit is not.

Chicago has an inferiority complex to the East and West coasts, Detroit has an inferiority complex to everywhere because Detroit is the butt of international jokes about failure, crime, corruption, and bankruptcy. Much of the criticism is not deserved. I get perturbed by Chicago slappies ripping on Detroit, but it's mostly because Detroit and Chicago are SPORTS rivals and its easy to rip Detroit's shortcomings. But they aren't really rivals in anything else. Detroit doesn't compare in almost any category other than its cheaper.

And, in my experience, the people in Detroit are nicer than the people here. Much friendlier. Hopefully Detroit can start over now that it's gone through bankruptcy. And Chicago shouldn't laugh because it's next.

What does everyone want from the Monroe situation? Do you want Monroe back? Would you prefer a sign and trade?

I want him back and I'm willing to go max to keep him. I'm open to a trade as long as it is for fair/equal value. Under no circumstances am I letting him walk and/or trading him because his contract is too expensive.

I want him back and I'm willing to go max to keep him. I'm open to a trade as long as it is for fair/equal value. Under no circumstances am I letting him walk and/or trading him because his contract is too expensive.

Do you think it could end up turning into a Grant Hill situation where Monroe gets multiple offers from teams that are better off than Detroit and he doesn't want to play in Detroit?

Do you think it could end up turning into a Grant Hill situation where Monroe gets multiple offers from teams that are better off than Detroit and he doesn't want to play in Detroit?

Sure, but unlike Hill, Monroe is restricted so ultimately can match any offers he gets. Now do you want to give big money to a guy who doesn't want to be here?

I'd be okay with re-signing him or matching an offer for him, but if there's a team out there willing to give us a couple of young shooters in a sign & trade, I'd be okay with that too.

Rumor: Pelicans want Monroe

.......While the Pelicans, with about $7 million in salary cap room, don't appear to have enough cap space to sign Monroe, a source said the team has made some initial inquiries to the Pistons about the possibility of working out a sign-and-trade deal.

The Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs, Charlotte Hornets and Atlanta Hawks also figure to be in the running for Monroe, who is expected to garner a max contract.

It’s no surprise that New Orleans is interested in Monroe, who could join Anthony Davis to form a potent young frontcourt. So we would expect them to be one of several teams inquiring about the possibility of a sign-and-trade. Whether Detroit is receptive to any of these offers is still not known. Presumably if the organization is unwilling to retain him with a max contract, they will look for the best available sign-and-trade offer. Otherwise the Pistons would lose Monroe without receiving any talent back as compensation.

In previous discussions on this site regarding the possibility of an offer from the Pelicans, the other centerpiece of a suggested trade has been Ryan Anderson. The fact that he played for Stan Van Gundy in Orlando (where he helped to stretch the floor for Dwight Howard) only heightens the speculation that Anderson might head to Motown........

It's good to hear that we have at least one sign and trade suitor and many other teams who may be interested.

They need to get more than Ryan Anderson for him, but it is nice that there appear to be suitors.

They need to get more than Ryan Anderson for him, but it is nice that there appear to be suitors.

Monroe sign and trade?

.......To make a sign-and-trade work financially, New Orleans has four players it could send to Detroit: Eric Gordon, Tyreke Evans, Jrue Holiday or Ryan Anderson......

It's really too bad that New Orleans doesn't have a draft pick to include in the package.