Deleterious

2014 Off-Season

Josh smith playing for thibodeau? Ha! I'd love to see that. Wait until smooooove decides he's just going to stay in the paint instead of getting out on a shooter, thibs would bench him in a heartbeat. Thats what he did with boozer.

No wait, I pick Smith. Ahhhh make them both disappear.

yeah- the WS chart says it all - dump everyone except Monroe and Drummond, and you can keep Singler as a swing man. Everyone else goes and start over. Maybe that is too hard a pull for one off-season, but it is where you need to be by 2015/16.

At least CV is gone?

What a useless slug. On one of the worst teams in the league and he couldn't even play 200 total minutes.

Jennings has a positive defensive win share?

It's almost impossible to get a negative DWS number. Of the 198 players I looked at, Trey Burke was the lowest at 0.0.

I have a friend who went to a private party CV had for his brother a few weeks ago. Apparently some crazy $$$$ thrown around.

So, he will be broke by 2020? 2025?

Of course, crazy money to us still isn't much to them I guess.

Josh smith playing for thibodeau? Ha! I'd love to see that. Wait until smooooove decides he's just going to stay in the paint instead of getting out on a shooter, thibs would bench him in a heartbeat. Thats what he did with boozer.

The Lakers are asking Chicago for permission to talk with Thibodeau. The Bulls are so cheap it just might happen.

So, he will be broke by 2020? 2025?

Of course, crazy money to us still isn't much to them I guess.

2020, if not sooner, were I a betting man.

But the Pistons need to move Smith more than they need to move Jennings, so I suspect that is why the focus is on that.

I go back and forth on this, but in the end I think they need to move Jennings more than Smith.

The ball is in his hands more than anyone else and he's looked at to be the leader and set the tone for the team on offense. He's also the first point of failure on nearly every defensive possession, which just starts you off in the hole with everyone scrambling to rotate from the moment the opponents crosses the half court line. It doesn't matter who you put around him, this doesn't really change. He's your starting Quarterback and your middle Linebacker wrapped into one. Everyone on the team is at his mercy on both ends of the court.

At least with Smith I can move him to the right position and put the right people around him to play to his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. He'll never be worth the money he's earning, but he hustles on defense and he can contribute in the right system when the scoring burden isn't on him.

I go back and forth on this, but in the end I think they need to move Jennings more than Smith.

The ball is in his hands more than anyone else and he's looked at to be the leader and set the tone for the team on offense. He's also the first point of failure on nearly every defensive possession, which just starts you off in the hole with everyone scrambling to rotate from the moment the opponents crosses the half court line. It doesn't matter who you put around him, this doesn't really change. He's your starting Quarterback and your middle Linebacker wrapped into one. Everyone on the team is at his mercy on both ends of the court.

At least with Smith I can move him to the right position and put the right people around him to play to his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. He'll never be worth the money he's earning, but he hustles on defense and he can contribute in the right system when the scoring burden isn't on him.

With the shots he jacks up and the lack of spacing he provides, I think Smith can be just as negatively influential to your offense as a PG. I mind Jennings less if forced to choose. His D bothers me more than his O actually.

I have a friend who went to a private party CV had for his brother a few weeks ago. Apparently some crazy $$$$ thrown around.

When someone doesn't have to work hard for money, they will be more willing to spend it on garbage or throw it away.

The Lakers are asking Chicago for permission to talk with Thibodeau. The Bulls are so cheap it just might happen.

I think the Bulls see the down side of Thibs too. Like playing Noah 42 minutes in the final game against Charlotte and playing Jimmy Butler every minute of a game that went to overtime....in the regular season!

He drives his guys into the ground. I mean, he is a great regular season coach. But the Bulls are spent by the time the playoffs come around. On the flip side, if they don't have Thibs they don't even make the playoffs.

I think the Bulls problems are from lack of talent and the reason they lost to Washington was that Washington is a more talented team, but Thibs absolutely kills his team in the regular season.

If the Lakers gave up a top 3 pick for Thibs, I would take it if I were the Bulls.

I don't think Smith hustles on defense. I think he plays stupidly on defense and lazily hangs around in the paint in order to try to block every shot. Sometimes his running around like a chicken with his head cut off can be perceived as hustle, but I see it more as him just not knowing where to be and trying to block every potential shot.

I don't think Jennings is a stupid player, I think he' a selfish player. I think Smith is stupid and selfish.

I think the Bulls see the down side of Thibs too. Like playing Noah 42 minutes in the final game against Charlotte and playing Jimmy Butler every minute of a game that went to overtime....in the regular season!

He drives his guys into the ground. I mean, he is a great regular season coach. But the Bulls are spent by the time the playoffs come around. On the flip side, if they don't have Thibs they don't even make the playoffs.

I think the Bulls problems are from lack of talent and the reason they lost to Washington was that Washington is a more talented team, but Thibs absolutely kills his team in the regular season.

If the Lakers gave up a top 3 pick for Thibs, I would take it if I were the Bulls.

Oh Jesus, giving up that pick for a coach would be awful for the Lakers.

I think Chicago will promote one of their assistants if they trade Thibodeau.

Like the ideas that are coming out to get rid of Smith...too bad this board could not cumulatively run the Pistons organization. We could rid of ourselves of Jennings and Smith this offseason. My guess is they will both be back and we will have essentially the same team plus a lesser free agent and a draft pick.

When someone doesn't have to work hard for money, they will be more willing to spend it on garbage or throw it away.

Yeah, professional basketball players don't work hard. Such an easy job, I would do it but I want more of a challenge. :bored:

Candidates line up to replace Mike D'Antoni as Lakers coach - NY Daily News

Stan Van Gundy has also been mentioned. He was recently contacted by the Pistons about their vacancy, but the talks didn’t get anywhere when he asked about getting power over personnel decisions.

They also made it known that they may pursue Kevin Ollie, a Los Angeles native and a rising star in coaching circles with the 2014 NCAA championship now topping his resume. Knowing that Ollie could be targeted by other teams — Detroit had interest — UConn is trying to wrap him up with a new contract that would raise his salary from $1.4 million per season to north of $3 mil annually.

Contacting coaches without a GM in place?

Summer Scoop: Hawks' flight plan - Marc Stein Blog - ESPN

4. Can't you give us the name of at least one marquee free agent Atlanta is expected to pursue?

There have been some recent rumbles on the personnel grapevine that the Hawks will lob themselves into the bidding for Detroit Pistons restricted free agent Greg Monroe.

The close ties between Monroe's agent, David Falk, and Falk's former star client Ferry make such rumbles inevitable.

Whether that chatter morphs into full-fledged courtship remains to be seen.

And now the Raptors are free to make trades.

I would also expect to see the Pistons ramp up efforts to interview anyone from these teams they might be interested in for the GM job.