Deleterious

2014 Off-Season

I would love to have Stephenson and/or Deng. This team is in serious need of perimeter defense. Of course, going after Stephenson means you have to find a way to get rid of either Smith or Jennings, because as Del put it, "We have too many knuckleheads already".

Agreed, I don't want him and Smith together. Love Stephenson's D though. Deng is too old for me unless its a steal.

Please no lance stephenson. Can we surround drummond with guys who arent crazy or lazy or selfish?

How about deng? Get some hustle and defense on this team.

I am recreating what I did last year in this thread.

I used Basketball Reference and took every player who qualified for the MP/G leader board. This gave me 198 players. I then used those players salaries and win shares to determine how much teams were paying on average for one win share. I came up with $1,152,310 which was down from $1,321,983 last year so maybe that new CBA is working?

Here is what I have for the Pistons. Explanation what each column means:

Per WS - The price the Pistons paid them per win share based on their total win shares and salary. (LOL @ CV)

Value - The price they should have been paid in total salary based on the average win share price for the league.

Difference - The difference between their actual salary and their value. A positive number here is good value for the Pistons. A negative is bad.

glKJD7y.png

I am recreating what I did last year in this thread.

I used Basketball Reference and took every player who qualified for the MP/G leader board. This gave me 198 players. I then used those players salaries and win shares to determine how much teams were paying on average for one win share. I came up with $1,152,310 which was down from $1,321,983 last year so maybe that new CBA is working?

Here is what I have for the Pistons. Explanation what each column means:

Per WS - The price the Pistons paid them per win share based on their total win shares and salary. (LOL @ CV)

Value - The price they should have been paid in total salary based on the average win share price for the league.

Difference - The difference between their actual salary and their value. A positive number here is good value for the Pistons. A negative is bad.

glKJD7y.png

LOL - I wasn't surprised that Singler ended up 3rd on the team in WS, but I was a little surprised that by the end of season he was up to 2300 min. Early in the season I would have guessed he was going to finish around or under 50% total PT.

Please no lance stephenson. Can we surround drummond with guys who arent crazy or lazy or selfish?

How about deng? Get some hustle and defense on this team.

I know what you mean. I've expressed concern there. At the same time, we have no scoring and no perimeter defense and Stephenson is 23, fitting in well with our core.

I thought Deng was a year or 2 older. 29 isn't too bad. I'd prefer a SF who can shoot 3s though.

If Chicago can't land Melo how about Smith for Boozer? Gets us out from under the Smith contract 2 years early.

If Chicago can't land Melo how about Smith for Boozer? Gets us out from under the Smith contract 2 years early.

Why do they do that? Does Smith offer them anything Gibson doesn't really? Isn't that another contract like Boozer's that they'd just be trying to get out of?

I'd sure as hell love it. I actually wonder if they might want Jennings. They need guys who can put points in the board and he'd be insurance for Rose. Obviously we know Jennings' faults, but I think its fair to say he's better than Augustine and could potentially do what Nate Robinson did for them as a fill in.

Why do they do that? Does Smith offer them anything Gibson doesn't really? Isn't that another contract like Boozer's that they'd just be trying to get out of?

I'd sure as hell love it. I actually wonder if they might want Jennings. They need guys who can put points in the board and he'd be insurance for Rose. Obviously we know Jennings' faults, but I think its fair to say he's better than Augustine and could potentially do what Nate Robinson did for them as a fill in.

Nobody wants Jennings. And Jennings as a sixth man? He would ***** constantly.

Smith fits into Chicago's system much better than Boozer ever did.

You have to make another move to get rid of Smith if you are taking on Boozer, or are we saying the Pistons would amnesty Boozer?

He wouldn't be eligible for amnesty if he is traded.

You have to get rid of Smith even if you don't take on Boozer. So to me at least, adding Boozer isn't a problem. But I would totally steal the idea nikopolidis had and use one of those picks from Chicago to tempt another team into taking Smith.

Nobody wants Jennings. And Jennings as a sixth man? He would ***** constantly.

Smith fits into Chicago's system much better than Boozer ever did.

Smith does fit their system, but don't you think he replicates what Gibson does for them, in terms of role?

I think fewer people want Smith than Jennings.

Smith does fit their system, but don't you think he replicates what Gibson does for them, in terms of role?

I don't view Gibson as a starter to be honest. I like him off the bench.

He wouldn't be eligible for amnesty if he is traded.

Thanks for correcting me on that. I keep forgetting about that rule.

You have to get rid of Smith even if you don't take on Boozer. So to me at least, adding Boozer isn't a problem. But I would totally steal the idea nikopolidis had and use one of those picks from Chicago to tempt another team into taking Smith.

Yeah, nik's idea is as plausible as any scenario involving acquiring Boozer and dumping Smith in a move or a series of moves.

This probably is true in terms of $$$ committed and age.

But the Pistons need to move Smith more than they need to move Jennings, so I suspect that is why the focus is on that.

But the Pistons need to move Smith more than they need to move Jennings, so I suspect that is why the focus is on that.

I 100% agree.

I don't view Gibson as a starter to be honest. I like him off the bench.

Fair enough, I just don't think Smith is the guy to move him there I guess. Chicago has waited a long time to get out of the contract of an overpaid PF, I doubt they put themselves right back in that position again.

Fair enough, I just don't think Smith is the guy to move him there I guess. Chicago has waited a long time to get out of the contract of an overpaid PF, I doubt they put themselves right back in that position again.

When they swing and miss on Melo and the panic sets in, odd things might happen.

Completely disagree. Both have to go.

I would pick Jennings. As PG he just has too much influence over your offense since the ball is in his and every play.