Deleterious

2014 Off-Season

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--timberwolves-shopping-forward-chase-budinger-164257155.html

The Minnesota Timberwolves are shopping forward Chase Budinger in trade talks, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Among talks with several teams, the Detroit Pistons and Houston Rockets have shown an interest, league sources said.

Houston is reluctant to take on the $5 million player option Budinger’s deal has in 2015-16, as are the Pistons, sources said. Nevertheless, the Pistons are taking a long look at Budinger and considering the possibility of making a deal. No trade is considered imminent for Budinger.

More at the link

I'd do JJ for Budinger in a heartbeat. I'm not overly concerned with next year's cap space. Budinger gets hurt a lot, but he'd be an upgrade at SF and a better fit for the roster than JJ. Then you can use all the big man minutes on the big 3.

Bradford Doolittle of ESPN Insider just posted an article forecasting the season, he of course has the Cavs and Bulls 1-2 respectively, followed by the Hawks, Wizards, Heat, Raptors, Hornets and your Detroit Pistons finishing 8th, with a projected win total of 38.7. He says that he projects us to have the 4th best offense in the conference as well. I could see around 39 wins with the chance for a few more if KCP and Drummond take big steps forward.

Am I missing something about Bill and Jalen talking about our contract situation? They seemed to think it was bad. Josh Smith is the only problem. Jennings only has 2 years on his deal. The rest are very manageable.

Ok, just to be clear, any posts I make going forward regarding the Pistons are based on an imperfect understanding of the NBA. I don't want to keep saying it in every post, so this is my notice.

Anyway, this Pistons team seems like one that could surprise some people. I'm not talking about a top four playoff seed or anything, but it feels like they have a good base of talent.

KPC is a wild card. I am hopeful that he can make a leap.

If they are able to manage josh smith and figure out the front court rotation, they look pretty good there.

I know the team has been bad recently, but they still play in the east, and it doesn't feel like they are short on talent relative to the .500ish teams.

I'm buying in this season. Now that Dumars is gone and we have a legit coach in place, it feels like things can only get better.

I was so turned off by everything dumars did post Chauncey trade. It's been years of digging themselves out of a hole that they only managed to dig deeper.

It doesn't feel that way anymore.

Bradford Doolittle of ESPN Insider just posted an article forecasting the season, he of course has the Cavs and Bulls 1-2 respectively, followed by the Hawks, Wizards, Heat, Raptors, Hornets and your Detroit Pistons finishing 8th, with a projected win total of 38.7. He says that he projects us to have the 4th best offense in the conference as well. I could see around 39 wins with the chance for a few more if KCP and Drummond take big steps forward.

I'm fine with that projected win total. But I don't think that gets them into the playoffs. The east is better this year and I think you need to be .500 or above to get into the playoffs.

Am I missing something about Bill and Jalen talking about our contract situation? They seemed to think it was bad. Josh Smith is the only problem. Jennings only has 2 years on his deal. The rest are very manageable.

Bad contract might be the wrong term, especially since they are in such great cap shape in the coming years. But they have quite a few guys they cant trade. Smith, Jennings, Monroe. That is 30% of your rotation if you go 10 deep.

I'd say he isn't likely to net a return what he is worth.

This year? Next year? In two years?

What is it worth to not play Monroe and Smith out of position again this season, and at times concurrently?

I'm not saying we should just dump Monroe for just any pick or player, but if we get an asset that fits SVG's needs then pull the trigger for sure.

I'd say he isn't likely to net a return what he is worth.

He nets zero return if he walks and there's an argument to be made that he offers negative return at some point if we overpay him and/or he doesn't fit. He might veto a trade due to the bird rights issue, but he has no bird rights on the open market either.

It looks like Dinwiddie has been cleared to play in the next game. Let the disappointment begin.

People are talking about this guy starting by the All Star break. What a joke.

Really? Geez. I think he has a high ceiling, but who knows if he'll reach it and if he does, it'll be a few years before we know he's getting there. If he can start in the D league this year I'll be pumped.

ESPN hired Billups as an studio analyst.

He will be absolutely brutal at it. He was on last weeks Open Court and was terrible. He couldn't put a coherent sentence together to save his life.

He was much better on his second episode. He actually participated in the discussion.