Deleterious

2014 Off-Season

boy did we lose that trade...and it's not as if I'm upset we don't have Knight anymore either. That's how little I think of Jennings

boy did we lose that trade...and it's not as if I'm upset we don't have Knight anymore either. That's how little I think of Jennings

How did we lose that trade? Brandon Knight is not a long term option for any team that wants to win. At least with Jennings it is a short and cheap contract.

Knight was a shorter, cheaper contract. Plus Middleton would have been useful to us.

That isn't how you view the Knight situation. We would be in the same position with him now, deciding to give him a long term contract or not, and he likely would have gotten one, which would have been awful. Plus Jennings has a much high ceiling.

That isn't how you view the Knight situation. We would be in the same position with him now, deciding to give him a long term contract or not, and he likely would have gotten one, which would have been awful. Plus Jennings has a much high ceiling.

It would have given us more depth, more cap space and more tradeable assets. If we had given him a long term deal, that would be a completely separate conversation.

I really like Knight if he is your first guard off the bench. If he is in your starting lineup then you probably have some issues.

Just start the preseason games now. With Michigan football being so bad I need some sports. At least the Lions look good so far.

It would have given us more depth, more cap space and more tradeable assets. If we had given him a long term deal, that would be a completely separate conversation.

We are going to have plenty of cap space though, so that doesn't really matter. I am just refuting that we lost the trade, I don't think that happened at all. Not getting stuck with Stuckey 2.0 was nice.

Knight is just a dog with different fleas.

He still doesn't distribute, he still can't shoot off the dribble well, and he's still a liability at shooting guard unless you pair him with a big point guard. I'm glad he became a fantasy basketball darling in Brew Town, but I definitely don't miss him.

I really like Knight if he is your first guard off the bench. If he is in your starting lineup then you probably have some issues.

FUlly agreed

We are going to have plenty of cap space though, so that doesn't really matter. I am just refuting that we lost the trade, I don't think that happened at all. Not getting stuck with Stuckey 2.0 was nice.
Knight is just a dog with different fleas.

He still doesn't distribute, he still can't shoot off the dribble well, and he's still a liability at shooting guard unless you pair him with a big point guard. I'm glad he became a fantasy basketball darling in Brew Town, but I definitely don't miss him.

I mean, I don't disagree with any of Knight's flaws that you guys are pointing out,but compared to having Jennings for 8 mil a year , we lost the trade, period. If we could have gone into free agency this offseason and signed Knight and Middleton for a combined 5 mil or so for 1 year or Jennings for 8 mil per year for 2 years, its a no brainer what the smarter move would have been.

I would have liked to see Knight with a competent coach like SVG.

I always pick on players like Stuckey and Daye. But at no point did any of those guys have competent coaching to help develop them. That doesn't excuse those players for not developing, that is still on them at the end of the day. But it is much easier to develop with competent coaching.

I think we are about to find out if Gores is in this long term or just to flip the team for a profit.

With that new TV deal just announced, there might not be a better time to sell for someone looking to take some profit.

Charlie Villanueva has shot to make Dallas Mavericks' roster - ESPN Dallasgonna win 6th Man award this year...mark it down. What're the Vegas odds on it?

Building on this.

https://twitter.com/8pts9secs/status/519569799869763585

C.J. Miles, Rodney Stuckey Expected to Start in Pacers Preseason Debut C.J. Miles, Rodney Stuckey Expected to Start in Indiana Pacers Debut

News involving two former Pistons.

Alan Houston fired Bill Laimbeer today. Fired might be the wrong word. They simply declined to offer him a new contract.

ESPN hired Billups as an studio analyst.

He will be absolutely brutal at it. He was on last weeks Open Court and was terrible. He couldn't put a coherent sentence together to save his life.

Another useless article from DBB.

ESPN projects Pistons to finish 11th in the East - Detroit Bad Boys

Not a good start, ESPN. And we haven't even gotten to the actual analysis yet.
Jennings' usage rate soared even as he decried becoming a pass-first point guard.

First, this sentence doesn't make any sense. Second, Jennings actually had a career-low usage rate and if you look at his per-month splits they remained consistent so you couldn't even argue that he regressed once Maurice Cheeks was fired.

Jennings USG% last year was 24.6%. The year before it was 23.4%. So yes DBB, ESPN was right in that it went up. Soaring might not be a good way to describe it, but yes his USG% did go up.

I already know where they messed up. DBB used the usg% from Basketball-Reference. And ESPN used, wait for it, the ESPN version of usg%. They both use a different criteria for the stat.

Jennings also played with another ball dominating guard in a monte Ellis which I'd worth noting.

It does seem pretty clear that everything these guys know is based on anecdotal info and no real research. Don't blame them though. Why would you want to know anything about the Pistons if you weren't a fan.

ESPN hired Billups as an studio analyst.

He will be absolutely brutal at it. He was on last weeks Open Court and was terrible. He couldn't put a coherent sentence together to save his life.

To be fair, the same could have been said for every other person on the panel as well. It was kind of sad.

To be fair, the same could have been said for every other person on the panel as well. It was kind of sad.

Well yeah, they all have grammar and slang issues. But at least they all participated and talked. Billups was asked one question and in the 30 seconds he tried to reply he couldn't come up with one actual thing to say about the question he was asked.

I did like the Pistons vibe going on though with Zeke, Webber, and Billups. Too bad Hill wasn't on that panel.