Deleterious

2014 Off-Season

A few more things I would like to see him concentrate on this summer.

1. Finishing at the hoop.

2. Not getting knocked out by rappers.

3. Defense.

4. No photos wearing onesies.

A few more things I would like to see him concentrate on this summer.

1. Finishing at the hoop.

2. Not getting knocked out by rappers.

3. Defense.

4. No photos wearing onesies.

I wonder if #4 contributed to #2.

Edited by Mr. Bigglesworth

Rest easy. Jennings has settled into his summer home.

He deserves rest. He was a big part in one of the best comedy acts in the NBA.

Edited by nd1377

I'd definitely interview him, but I'm not sure how good he is just yet. Is he a product of his environment or is his environment a product of him? Call it Phil Jackson/Erik Spoelstra syndrome. I think Hollins ends up as the Pacers coach fwiw. Just my little theory though, no info.

Don't want Stephenson here and Del's link just confirms it for me. His talent would be a great fit too, so it sucks. In terms of the Pacers, they should put him as 6th man for the playoffs. That bench is awful and they need a change and a spark. Though OTOH, part of me wouldn't mind his fire here. He reminds me a lot of Stephen Jackson as both a player and personality.

Edited by Nastradamus

Vogel has an average team winning 50+ each year and thinking they are better than the Heat. They didn't win 55 before him, I doubt they win 55 after him.

They have a nice mix and their pieces compliment each other (before Feb. of this year at least), but that is not a superiorly talented team. Other than George, they do not have multi-dimensional guys. So I would be all over Vogel.

Vogel has an average team winning 50+ each year and thinking they are better than the Heat. They didn't win 55 before him, I doubt they win 55 after him.

They have a nice mix and their pieces compliment each other (before Feb. of this year at least), but that is not a superiorly talented team. Other than George, they do not have multi-dimensional guys. So I would be all over Vogel.

That's the narrative, if you choose to look at it that way.

On the flip side, they've actually only won 50 once, they've added Hill and West since Vogel was hired and George and Stephenson were rookies when Vogel was hired. Was Vogel key to their development? I have no idea, but they were both advertised as extremely talented, versatile players when they came out, so they weren't exactly huge surprises.

I think you're generally underrating their talent. Hibbert is average to below average offensively, but he's a dominant rim protector in the middle of that defense. George is a stud, even if he's not a true superstar just yet. West has always been a damn good player and Hill might be better as a 3rd guard, but the man can play and was good before Indy. They're very similar to the Pistons team we had here in the early 2000s

Edited by Nastradamus

Vogel getting fired would be reminiscent of Carlisle getting fired...

I don't see that. We didn't underachieve for Carlisle

On the flip side, they've actually only won 50 once, they've added Hill and West since Vogel was hired and George and Stephenson were rookies when Vogel was hired. Was Vogel key to their development? I have no idea, but they were both advertised as extremely talented, versatile players when they came out, so they weren't exactly huge surprises.

I think you're generally underrating their talent. Hibbert is average to below average offensively, but he's a dominant rim protector in the middle of that defense. George is a stud, even if he's not a true superstar just yet. West has always been a damn good player and Hill might be better as a 3rd guard, but the man can play and was good before Indy. They're very similar to the Pistons team we had here in the early 2000s

You love Indy's talent? Not Nastra? They, like the other 29 teams, are the most talented team in the NBA! J/K. I like to joke.

Hill, Stephenson, George, West and Hibbert is a nice top 5. They got a star and some smart role players. They can't compete with Miami's and OKC's talent, not close. They can when they have a chip are doing their thing just right. Talent wise, they are Portland. Hill is replaceable, Stephenson is a nice, not great player, West is past his prime and Hibbert is a rim protector.

You love Indy's talent? Not Nastra? They, like the other 29 teams, are the most talented team in the NBA! J/K. I like to joke.

Hill, Stephenson, George, West and Hibbert is a nice top 5. They got a star and some smart role players. They can't compete with Miami's and OKC's talent, not close. They can when they have a chip are doing their thing just right. Talent wise, they are Portland. Hill is replaceable, Stephenson is a nice, not great player, West is past his prime and Hibbert is a rim protector.

Portland won 54 games in the West to Indy's 56 in the East. Saying they are Portland is not an insult.

I don't disagree with any of your individual assessments, but I'm also not alone in liking them as a group. The fact that Vogel seems to losing the lockerroom and that being a primary cause of their decline is not a ringing endorsement. Their bench is definitely a problem, as is Hibbert's lack of ability to score and George's ups and downs offensively since the AS break.

I don't hate Vogel or anything, I'm just saying he's hard to evaluate at this point.

3-9 Portland and Indiana might be comparable talent wise. Both have a #1 but Indiana lacks that #2 and Portland has that, so they get the edge IMO. If George isn't on, Indiana struggles big time. If Aldridge or Lillard have an off night the other can pick up the slack. Don't discount how important that is.

The Pacers team is as balanced as there is, at least in the East. It is hard to believe that since adding Turner that they have gotten worse, thought he would be a good bench contributor for them Vogel may end up being their Carlisle, but if he is I would love to have him.

Vogel getting fired would be reminiscent of Carlisle getting fired...

And Larry Brown came in and led the Pistons to a championship and then to the NBA Finals the season after the championship.

If I was the Pistons, I would be at least interviewing Vogel if he gets fired.

And Larry Brown came in and led the Pistons to a championship and then to the NBA Finals the season after the championship.

If I was the Pistons, I would be at least interviewing Vogel if he gets fired.

the team LB inherited was going no where until the Sheed trade. Carlisle has won as many championships as Detroit has since he was fired.