Deleterious

2014 Off-Season

HoopsHype - NBA Rumors

Kevin Love’s people reiterated to the Timberwolves this past week that they had better trade him or else he’ll leave via free agency when his contract is up after next season. With Love looking to exit, there’s your No. 1 reason the T-wolves have not been able to find a head coach to take over for Rick Adelman.

Rumors tagsMinnesota Timberwolves, Free Agency, Trade, Kevin Love Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

Love wants to play for the Lakers but he’s also open to coming to the Knicks.

- See more at: HoopsHype - NBA Rumors

I cant stand him but I know a lot of people like him.

Sounds like he wants to go to a big market so probably not a good fit for us.

If it was for anything more than Smith, I would insist its an extend-and-trade so they would have him for 4 years at the least.

But him not being good is a bigger concern than where he wants to play.

I'd kill for Love, but I wouldn't give up Drummond. Doubt we could make it work. They can have Monroe and Smith though. Haha.

If it was for anything more than Smith, I would insist its an extend-and-trade so they would have him for 4 years at the least.

But him not being good is a bigger concern than where he wants to play.

I mean, you dont' have to like everyybody, but you're really going to tell me he's just flat out not good? He's basically a 25 year old, better Dirk Nowitzki. He's on his way to a first ballot HOF, top 10 PF of all time type career IMO

Sounds like he wants to go to a big market so probably not a good fit for us.

He was born in Santa Monica and went to UCLA? Wonder if he has any family in LA. Be tough for anyone to match the attraction of the Lakers to him on those terms.

Edited by Gehringer_2

Minnesota's retarded if they take what the Lakers have to offer though. Now GS on the other hand might have an interesting package they could put together.

I mean, you dont' have to like everyybody, but you're really going to tell me he's just flat out not good? He's basically a 25 year old, better Dirk Nowitzki. He's on his way to a first ballot HOF, top 10 PF of all time type career IMO

Not a fan of Dirk either.

Saying he isn't good was dumb on my part. But not the kid of guy I want on my team, thats for sure.

Kevin Love Prefers Warriors Bulls - RealGM Wiretap

NBA Trade Checker - Saved Trade - RealGM

Bulls get: Love

Minnesota gets: Smith and Detroit's #8 pick.

Detroit gets: Boozer and Chicago's #16 and #19 pick plus Minnesota's 13th pick.

I would probably just give up the 8th pick without getting the Timberwolves 13th pick back. But I would try to get it.

Love is certainly a fantastic player who is entering his prime, but let's wait until he has like five more years just like he had this year before we say he's better than Dirk. But I guess the shiny new toy always looks better, I guess. I remember back when CWebb was entering his prime and Karl Malone was leaving his, kind of a similar situation. If Love can keep healthy, then maybe he can crack the top 10 list but a big strike against him is that he's possibly the worst defender on this list, prime for prime, than anyone but Tom Chambers. First ballot HOF? Man, I don't know. Like I said, he needs to have a lot more banner years and and a few more solid ones mixed in. Three Nets power forwards come to mind in Buck Williams, Derrick Coleman and Kenyon Martin. These three were forces to be reckoned with their first several years in the L, but fell off rapidly near 30. When you look at the very best 4's of all-time, all but Webber and Kemp were great for a few years after 30. Both of them were very good two-way 4's with freakish athletic ability. Are we factoring out defense when we talk about Love? I understand his defensive win shares went up this season, but he really seems to offer very little in that category. Griffin answered his critics this year IRT his D, can Love do the same?

But as long as we're going to bring up top 10 GOAT 4's, that list is pretty competitive.

No particular order:

-Karl Malone

-Kevin McHale

-Charles Barkley

-Dirk Nowitzki

-Elvin Hayes

-Kevin Garnett

-Tim Duncan

-Shawn Kemp

-Dennis Rodman

-Chris Webber

-Jerry Lucas

Honorable Mention

-Bob Petit

-Pau Gasol

-Amar'e Stoudemire

-Tom Chambers

-Tommy Heinsohn

-Dave DeBusschere

-Gus Johnson

-Buck Williams

-Dolph Schayes

Guys who could be top 10 PFs eventually

-Anthony Davis

-Blake Griffin

-Kevin Love

Kevin Love available?

.....Love's representatives with Excel Sports are pushing Timberwolves president Flip Saunders to find a trade acceptable to them before the beginning of summer free agency in July – preferably by the June 26 NBA draft, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Love plans to opt out of his contract in the summer of 2015 and leave Minnesota as a free agent, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Kevin Love can opt out of his contract after the 2014-15 season. (USA Today)

Love, 25, wants a chance to play for an immediate contender, but has an open mind about multiple destinations in the league, sources said. In six NBA seasons, Love has yet to reach the playoffs in Minnesota.....

Detroit should offer Smith, Jennings, and this years 1st(if Detroit gets the pick) for Love or offer anyone and everyone except Drummond for Love.

Love is certainly a fantastic player who is entering his prime, but let's wait until he has like five more years just like he had this year before we say he's better than Dirk. But I guess the shiny new toy always looks better, I guess. I remember back when CWebb was entering his prime and Karl Malone was leaving his, kind of a similar situation. If Love can keep healthy, then maybe he can crack the top 10 list but a big strike against him is that he's possibly the worst defender on this list, prime for prime, than anyone but Tom Chambers. First ballot HOF? Man, I don't know. Like I said, he needs to have a lot more banner years and and a few more solid ones mixed in. Three Nets power forwards come to mind in Buck Williams, Derrick Coleman and Kenyon Martin. These three were forces to be reckoned with their first several years in the L, but fell off rapidly near 30. When you look at the very best 4's of all-time, all but Webber and Kemp were great for a few years after 30. Both of them were very good two-way 4's with freakish athletic ability. Are we factoring out defense when we talk about Love? I understand his defensive win shares went up this season, but he really seems to offer very little in that category. Griffin answered his critics this year IRT his D, can Love do the same?

But as long as we're going to bring up top 10 GOAT 4's, that list is pretty competitive.

No particular order:

-Karl Malone

-Kevin McHale

-Charles Barkley

-Dirk Nowitzki

-Elvin Hayes

-Kevin Garnett

-Tim Duncan

-Shawn Kemp

-Dennis Rodman

-Chris Webber

-Jerry Lucas

Honorable Mention

-Bob Petit

-Pau Gasol

-Amar'e Stoudemire

-Tom Chambers

-Tommy Heinsohn

-Dave DeBusschere

-Gus Johnson

-Buck Williams

-Dolph Schayes

Guys who could be top 10 PFs eventually

-Anthony Davis

-Blake Griffin

-Kevin Love

He absolutely needs to do more to be better than Dirk overall, but he has better numbers at the same age and its not like Dirk was any more of a defender. That's all I really meant.

He has a strong potential to be a top 10 PF, I'm not guaranteeing he'll do it though either

Kevin Love Prefers Warriors Bulls - RealGM Wiretap

NBA Trade Checker - Saved Trade - RealGM

Bulls get: Love

Minnesota gets: Smith and Detroit's #8 pick.

Detroit gets: Boozer and Chicago's #16 and #19 pick plus Minnesota's 13th pick.

I would probably just give up the 8th pick without getting the Timberwolves 13th pick back. But I would try to get it.

Minny can probably get better value than that. At the very least, they wouldn't want to give up #13.

But I would do it without getting #13 back if I were Detroit. Chicago would do it in a heartbeat.

Kevin Love available?

Detroit should offer Smith, Jennings, and this years 1st(if Detroit gets the pick) for Love or offer anyone and everyone except Drummond for Love.

Is Smith and Jennings the new Mills and Hunter in terms of trade rumors/suggestions?

Is Smith and Jennings the new Mills and Hunter in terms of trade rumors/suggestions?

The way they shot and performed during the season, I hope so and I hope the rumors/suggestions become a reality.

Kevin Love available?

Sign and trade for Monroe. That's probably the only way Minnesota gets one of the best young big men in the league in return for shipping out one of the best young big men in the league who wants to leave. Could toss in a young prospect in KCP or Jerebko's expiring deal depending upon what else they might want. Drummod and Love make the great PF/C combo due to how their skillsets compliment each other.

Then trade Smith and Jennings to the Nets for Williams. Now you've got a PG who can play at an all star level in the right system and hit the three consistently.

You still have your draft pick to grab a shooter like Stauskas, Hood, or McDermott. You've got money left to go after a free agent like Ariza, Deng, or even Stephenson now that you've jettisoned your two boneheads.

Edited by Betrayer

Sign and trade for Monroe. That's probably the only way Minnesota gets one of the best young big men in the league in return for shipping out one of the best young big men in the league who wants to leave. Could toss in a young prospect in KCP or Jerebko's expiring deal depending upon what else they might want. Drummod and Love make the great PF/C combo due to how their skillsets compliment each other.

Then trade Smith and Jennings to the Nets for Williams. Now you've got a PG who can play at an all star level in the right system and hit the three consistently.

You still have your draft pick to grab a shooter like Stauskas, Hood, or McDermott. You've got money left to go after a free agent like Ariza, Deng, or even Stephenson now that you've jettisoned your two boneheads.

Monroe,KCP,'15 and '17 2nd rounders and a 2018(first year we can trade it IIRC) unprotected 1st round pick for Love and Martin would have to make them think twice. Martin has something like 3/21 left on his deal and they'd love to get out of that. I consider him a negative value in this deal.

Not sure if that gets it done, but its probably our best offer. Depends what other teams want to put on the table I guess. Bulls could offer Gibson,Mirotic and 3 first rounders. They could potentially take a guy like Budinger back too.

This would be amazing. Pistons would be back. The only problem would be getting Love to sign an extension.

Monroe,KCP,'15 and '17 2nd rounders and a 2018(first year we can trade it IIRC) unprotected 1st round pick for Love and Martin would have to make them think twice. Martin has something like 3/21 left on his deal and they'd love to get out of that. I consider him a negative value in this deal.

Not sure if that gets it done, but its probably our best offer. Depends what other teams want to put on the table I guess. Bulls could offer Gibson,Mirotic and 3 first rounders. They could potentially take a guy like Budinger back too.

It get it done if you want to completely and totally ignore the CBA...

Why would Monroe want to play in Minnesota?

People are suggesting Chicago is willing to include Mirotic in a trade for Love. If so then I would say they are by far the favorite to land him.

Mirotic + #16 and #19 this year + Sacramento's 1st rounder in 2015 (Some protections on it).

That is way better than anything Detroit can offer.