Deleterious

2014 Off-Season

This and your previous post make me very happy. They are all the right things to hear. Doesn't mean anything yet, but its a good start.

I'm thinking sign Patty Mills, trade Jennings for JR Smith(Knicks have no PG and SHumpert/Hardaway at SG) and draft Mcdermott/Stauskas. Hope for a shooting improvement from KCP. Make it rain baby!!!!!

Yes, that's a horrible defensive lineup, lol

I agree with all of this on the condition JR Smith undergo a Game of Thrones-style torture/personality adjustment and that we can simply call him "Reek".

Also, add Harris to that possible draft list and take the highest rated one of the three left on the board.

And maybe ask the Suns very nicely if we can acquire Goran Dragic for our next available 1st round pick, Jerebko and Bynum.

Josh Smith for Kendrick Perkins and Jeremy Lamb.

If they need it sweetened I would swap our 8th pick for their 21st pick.

3 things that excited SVG about the job.

Ownership's commitment.

Advantages of the dual role.

The Detroit Pistons tradition.

Just once I want a coach to stand up there and say, "There are 35 million reasons I took this job"

SVG said we have talent here. Mentions Monroe and Drummond only. So apparently he watched some games last year...

One of these reporters needs to sack up and ask Gores how much consulting Dumars did on this hire.

sounds like he's a fan of delegating but just wanted to make sure he had the final call. He wants to be the Decider!

Stan is really making it a point to say this team's top 2 assets are Monroe and Drummond. Glad to hear that. And glad to hear he was very vague about Josh Smith. When asked if Smith/Monroe/Drummond will play together, he essentially said they will look at all options but when you have 2 big men, you need 3 shooters around them..."take that however you want". Sounds to me like he will be trying to move Smith, and if he cant, he will move him to the bench.

"We plan to re-set the culture of this franchise" -- Gores. I was glad to hear that.

SVG danced around the Smith question but seemed to indicate that you wouldn't see the 3 man lineup together very much. He felt they were all "big men" and surrounding them with shooters is the model.

SVG called Monroe and Drummond "building blocks". Called Smith and Jennings "talent". Earlier he said you don't accumulate talent, you build a team with complimentary parts. I am liking this, he seems committed to Monroe and uncommitted to Smith and Jennings.

Loved the press conference. He's got me sold. Great emotion, wants things his way and has a plan to get it there. He's seems no-nonsense and he's going to hold people accountable. All good stuff in my eyes.

He said he has already had a long talk with Falk (Monroes agent). Sounds like to me Monroe is sticking around. Or they are fattening him up for a trade. Who knows.

And in today's Q&A segment with Brandon Jennings:

Do you think Greg Monroe will leave the Pistons this year ?” - I hope not he's the main option on the team bolded Jennings

To be fair Van Gundy said more about Smith than that. He said he heard the negatives "but he ain't buying it, he is a good basketball player in this League". He did however, say he would "quiz him about shot selection".

There has been zero overtures from Van Gundy about specific moves. He could very easily trade anyone on the roster, including Monroe. He is being diplomatic on the subject.

I hope SVG makes a lot of moves and the team looks a lot different next season.

In that interview he said they want to increase the analytic staff from the 1 they currently have to 3. But he said his personnel department will still watch every single NBA game.

I also don't expect them to start bombing 3 pointers. He said he will fit his offense to match the talent on the team and he said that is Drummond and Monroe right now.

I hope SVG makes a lot of moves and the team looks a lot different next season.

Yep. I am just happy to have hope again.