Deleterious

2014 Off-Season

Presser to introduce SVG tomorrow (Thursday) at 4:15PM. Even Gores will be there.

I'm sure you can stream it on the Pistons website.

Wow, that's an interesting move. Makes more sense for him to work with those shooters and stay out west, but not sure why GS wanted him so badly. He must have a strong rep around the league for some reason. Who the hell does NY get now? John Paxson? BJ Armstrong? D-Fish?

Wow, that's an interesting move. Makes more sense for him to work with those shooters and stay out west, but not sure why GS wanted him so badly. He must have a strong rep around the league for some reason. Who the hell does NY get now? John Paxson? BJ Armstrong? D-Fish?

Sheed?

Do you even think about things before you post? If there is one thing you don't want, it's a big immobile guy clogging up the middle obstructing Drummond,that can't play outside of 5 feet from the rim. That is frighteningly inconsistent and kind of a wuss for being a mountain of a human being. That can't shoot.

SMH

So.... put you down for a no?

SVG can hit the ground running. The Pistons are eligible to make trades with teams that are no longer playing. Players that can't be traded right now are pending free agents and players who have a team/player option.

Stan Van Gundy on Pistons mutiny in 2011 - Detroit Bad Boys

Interesting coming from a guy who walked away from his team in the middle of the year.

He might argue a distinction is he walked away from his contract and didn't get paid whereas the players continued to 'work' and get paid without being professional.

A small distinction to be sure, but I think it worth noting.

Kerr to Warriors explains why SVG chose Detroit. I don't think it was just personnel decisions

I am not sure this is the case.

Edited by T&P_Fan

Yah, I can't demonize a guy for quitting a job if he felt the conditions weren't what he desired. Happens all the time in life.

Best part:

And don’t think that you can’t trade Kentavious Caldwell-Pope after one season. You can, and you will. Being young doesn’t automatically make KCP promising. Sometimes a player just isn’t very good. That is likely the case here. Let’s come to this realization after year one instead of year six (i.e. Stuckey, 2007-14).

Yep.

Funny you pick that part, because I thought that was the part that made the least sense. It's not like KCP is making any money right now and it's not like he's a locker room problem. In fact, he seems to have all of the work ethic needed to excel under a guy like SVG. He's basically zero risk. Drummond, Singler, and KCP are probably the only three people I keep that are on the current roster if I could have my wishes.

Funny you pick that part, because I thought that was the part that made the least sense. It's not like KCP is making any money right now and it's not like he's a locker room problem. In fact, he seems to have all of the work ethic needed to excel under a guy like SVG. He's basically zero risk. Drummond, Singler, and KCP are probably the only three people I keep that are on the current roster if I could have my wishes.

KCP is supposed to be a 3-point shooter. Based on all the data we have from college and the NBA, he doesn't appear to be that. We need guards who can shoot, not ones who have the perception of being a shooter while in reality not being very good at it.

Best part:

Yep.

Your hate for Pope is insane.

edit - and that was an incredibly stupid article. Trade Drummond! Jackass

I read that Gores was supposedly blown away by SVG's plan for the first 100 days. Since the season wont even start in 100 days, that seems to suggest SVG will burn it to the ground with a lot of trades and player movement.

Easy to say in some meeting. Lets hope he can make it happen.

And everytime TP brings up his KCP bias, we as a forum, MUST bring up Trey Burke :classic:

KCP isn't promising because he is young, he is promising because he can shoot, both from 3 and midrange off the bounce, and can attack the tin and finish about the rim. He is also a good individual defender if you are into that sort of thing.

Edited by ScrubBeaterUpper

http://media.ccomrcdn.com/media/station_content/6025/2014/05/mp3/default/the_world_according_to_stan_wi_0_1400145795.mp3

Radio interview with SVG.

I like that he is moving here full time. He even said you have to engage the community you coach in.

He said he will hire people on the personnel side. They will make most of those decisions, but SVG retains final say. To me this sounds like, you do all the work then come to me with your choice and I will approve or deny. Which is good.

He absolutely will consider Otis Smith if Smith is interested.

He sounds really interested in building around Monroe and Drummond with 3 shooters.

I read that Gores was supposedly blown away by SVG's plan for the first 100 days. Since the season wont even start in 100 days, that seems to suggest SVG will burn it to the ground with a lot of trades and player movement.

Easy to say in some meeting. Lets hope he can make it happen.

I guess when you have players that are negative on the court, you can't worry too much about how you move them.

http://media.ccomrcdn.com/media/station_content/6025/2014/05/mp3/default/the_world_according_to_stan_wi_0_1400145795.mp3

Radio interview with SVG.

I like that he is moving here full time. He even said you have to engage the community you coach in.

He said he will hire people on the personnel side. They will make most of those decisions, but SVG retains final say. To me this sounds like, you do all the work then come to me with your choice and I will approve or deny. Which is good.

He absolutely will consider Otis Smith if Smith is interested.

He sounds really interested in building around Monroe and Drummond with 3 shooters.

This and your previous post make me very happy. They are all the right things to hear. Doesn't mean anything yet, but its a good start.

I'm thinking sign Patty Mills, trade Jennings for JR Smith(Knicks have no PG and SHumpert/Hardaway at SG) and draft Mcdermott/Stauskas. Hope for a shooting improvement from KCP. Make it rain baby!!!!!

Yes, that's a horrible defensive lineup, lol