Deleterious

2014 Off-Season

Sounds like kerr is a done deal to the knicks. Warriors looking at svg.

We, of course, are looking at no one.

Please fill me in on why Kerr was wanted as an NBA head coach. Was it just Jackson hiring one of his old players?

Please fill me in on why Kerr was wanted as an NBA head coach. Was it just Jackson hiring one of his old players?

I guess if you play for Jackson and Popovich people think you can automatically coach. Oh, he played a year for Cheeks too.

I think Karl could be a good fit for this team. While I am not a fan of our nucleus consisting of our three bigs, Karl might be the guy to get the most out of it. I pulled the below quote out of season recap (from ESPN) of Karl's last season in Denver:

Offensively, Denver continued to succeed with an entirely different style than anyone else in the NBA. Among the league's top-10 offenses, the Nuggets ranked last in 3-point attempts and 3-point percentage. In a league dominated by shooting prowess, Denver created space by playing so frequently in transition. Nearly a fifth of the Nuggets' points were scored on fast breaks, tops in the NBA.

Once forced to the half-court offense, Denver was less effective, ranking just 13th in points per play according to Synergy Sports. The Nuggets did supplement their half-court attack with multiple cracks at the basket, rebounding a league-high 31.4 percent of their own misses. Both Koufos (13.3 percent, fifth) and second-year forward Kenneth Faried (13.2 percent, sixth) ranked among the NBA's best offensive rebounders.

If we are going to move forward with Monroe, Drummond, and Smith, we need a coach who can get the most out of those three playing together. Karl might just be that guy.

I think Karl could be a good fit for this team. While I am not a fan of our nucleus consisting of our three bigs, Karl might be the guy to get the most out of it. I pulled the below quote out of season recap (from ESPN) of Karl's last season in Denver:

Offensively, Denver continued to succeed with an entirely different style than anyone else in the NBA. Among the league's top-10 offenses, the Nuggets ranked last in 3-point attempts and 3-point percentage. In a league dominated by shooting prowess, Denver created space by playing so frequently in transition. Nearly a fifth of the Nuggets' points were scored on fast breaks, tops in the NBA.

Once forced to the half-court offense, Denver was less effective, ranking just 13th in points per play according to Synergy Sports. The Nuggets did supplement their half-court attack with multiple cracks at the basket, rebounding a league-high 31.4 percent of their own misses. Both Koufos (13.3 percent, fifth) and second-year forward Kenneth Faried (13.2 percent, sixth) ranked among the NBA's best offensive rebounders.

If we are going to move forward with Monroe, Drummond, and Smith, we need a coach who can get the most out of those three playing together. Karl might just be that guy.

That is an argument against, not for.

That type of team doesn't win in the playoffs. If this is 1982 then great, but it isn't. There is a reason he has constantly had superior talented teams and bombed in the playoffs. His style of play isn't conducive to the playoffs the way they are currently played. The playoffs slow down, each possession is valued more, defense matters more. The only time his teams even attempted to play defense is when he had Payton.

Oh, and lets not forget, he would probably bench Smith, Monroe, and Drummond come playoff time. What an idiot.

Mark Jackson is pushing the buttons on George Karl’s time machine

Ranking the six available NBA coaching jobs | New York Post

6. Detroit Pistons

Pros: One young, blue-chip player (Andre Drummond), salary cap flexibility

Cons: Unstable front office/ownership, awkward roster construction

The lowdown: Of the six jobs currently open, the Detroit opening is easily the worst. Yes, the Pistons have Drummond, who has a chance to become the next Dwight Howard thanks to his unique size/speed combination. From a courtside seat, there are few things more awe-inspiring/terrifying than watching Drummond catch an alley-oop as he’s flying towards the rim. He’s like a heat-seeking missile that detonates when he reaches the basket.

But even with Drummond, a top-10 pick in this year’s loaded draft and a little over $20 million in expected cap room, there is little to be optimistic about in Detroit. The Pistons have been all over the place under the ownership of Tom Gores, who is coming up on his third anniversary of buying the team back and has a franchise in the midst of a third coaching search as well as a general manager search after longtime GM Joe Dumars stepped down last month.

Once Detroit figures out what it wants to do with its GM and coach spots, it will have to figure out what to do with Greg Monroe, the other young, talented Pistons big man and a restricted free agent this summer. This season proved the triumvirate of Drummond, Monroe and Josh Smith is an awkward one – and that the Pistons will be better off moving Monroe or Smith this summer. Given that Smith is signed for three more years and owed more than $40 million, it’s going to be very hard to move him.

Ideal candidate: None. There are too many variables here, beginning with the general manager, to single out any single ideal candidate.

Intriguing candidate: Mark Jackson. After crafting a stout defense in Golden State, you would think Jackson would be able to do so in Detroit with an anchor like Drummond to build around. Also, for an organization lacking an identity after so many coaching changes and the departure of Dumars, Jackson would certainly provide one.

Mike Brown is now available :silly:

On a serious note, this kind of sucks. Cleveland isn't a job I expected to open up. So that means one more team competing with Detroit to hire a coach.

That is an argument against, not for.

That type of team doesn't win in the playoffs. If this is 1982 then great, but it isn't. There is a reason he has constantly had superior talented teams and bombed in the playoffs. His style of play isn't conducive to the playoffs the way they are currently played. The playoffs slow down, each possession is valued more, defense matters more. The only time his teams even attempted to play defense is when he had Payton.

Oh, and lets not forget, he would probably bench Smith, Monroe, and Drummond come playoff time. What an idiot.

Mark Jackson is pushing the buttons on George Karl’s time machine

I agree on Karl. Dead on

Mike Brown is now available :silly:

On a serious note, this kind of sucks. Cleveland isn't a job I expected to open up. So that means one more team competing with Detroit to hire a coach.

Cleveland may be just as unappealing as Detroit. Signs point to Kyrie Irving leaving, and their young lottery picks haven't been anything spectacular.

Just curious, would anyone do a sign and trade of Monroe for Hibbert?

Do you even think about things before you post? If there is one thing you don't want, it's a big immobile guy clogging up the middle obstructing Drummond,that can't play outside of 5 feet from the rim. That is frighteningly inconsistent and kind of a wuss for being a mountain of a human being. That can't shoot.

SMH

Sounds like kerr is a done deal to the knicks. Warriors looking at svg.

We, of course, are looking at no one.

Yup, of course we were looking at no one.

He can't shoot a J right?

When you lead the league for points at the rim one year and are in the top 5 the next year, you don't need a jumper.

Last year Drummond and Monroe ranked 1st and 3rd for FGA in the restricted area. They finished 3rd and 5th for FGM in the restricted area.

The thought of 3 wing shooters and those two going crazy down low is extremely exciting to me.

Last year Drummond and Monroe ranked 1st and 3rd for FGA in the restricted area. They finished 3rd and 5th for FGM in the restricted area.

The thought of 3 wing shooters and those two going crazy down low is extremely exciting to me.

Yeah - that should be the offensive formula.

Continuing on with shot location stats.

Singler ranked 9th for FGM from the left corner three. He ranked 2nd for FGM from the right corner three.

With SVG as coach, does this mean Luigi gets a 2nd chance?

I realize he didn't get much of a shot. But he always looked bad when he played. I wouldn't count on much from him.

With SVG as coach, does this mean Luigi gets a 2nd chance?

I have to admit though. Him playing the role of Hedo is kind of interesting. I liked them running the pick and roll without a PG.