Deleterious

2014 Off-Season

The article implies the assistant coaches were doing it because Jackson is a massive tool who bad mouths the staff to other people. He refused to give Mike Malone any individual credit for the defensive improvements last year, demoted Scalabrine in front of the entire team and Erman was positive he was getting slandered by Jackson behind his back.

From all indications, Mark Jackson is a cancer and I wouldn't trust him with a 5 year contract.

Something is definitely odd about the situation. I don't mind the above comment. Some of the other stuff worries me a little.

The man did get results though. I'd take results and controversy right now over what we've gotten recently.

Something is definitely odd about the situation. I don't mind the above comment. Some of the other stuff worries me a little.

The man did get results though. I'd take results and controversy right now over what we've gotten recently.

Pistons have enough drama adding Jackson to the mix is like adding a fire to a powder keg.

I'd love to have him if we could ship out Jennings in a separate deal. We've got to get the lead bonehead out of town. I'd like to see a team built around defense and heart again. Guys like Ariza, Deng, Sefolosha, Hinrich, Parsons, and others that probably won't come to Detroit are on my watch list this summer. I'm not a college bball guy, but the hype around Smart has me intrigued as well if he falls to us.

Obviously, I'd love to move Smith as well, but I'm counting him on the team because I don't think it's possible and I'd rather be free of Jennings. I feel like the right coach and playing the right position could make a huge difference in Smith's contribution to the team, but nothing's going to change the fact that Jennings has the ball in his hands more than any other player and is the first point of failure on every offensive and defensive possession. I want a leader that embodies the identity that the team is striving to reach, not one that is contrary to that identity.

Any interest in Rudy Gay at the right price? If so, whats that price? Eh, nevermind I guess. He has a player option and I can't see him opting out of $19M.

I look at the free agent class and I am not excited at all. Lowry is probably the person I have the most interest in and that isn't much to be honest. I'm always wary of guys who have career years in a contract year. I'm interested in more players but most have a legit reason we can't get them, either they would never come or they are restricted.

Patience might be the best trait to look for in the new GM. I want to win as bad as anyone, but not if that means running aimlessly into free agency and just signing guys to sign someone. I don't mind sitting on that money until next year or using it later in the year to make trades.

For people that want Karl, are you just playing the odds and assume he has to win something sometime?

For people that want Karl, are you just playing the odds and assume he has to win something sometime?

Do you see any better options out there?

He has been a winner at every stop, got the Sonics to within 2 games of beating one of the best teams of all time and turned a pathwork Denver roster into a contender in the brutal west. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Denver team fell off the map when he left. I wouldn't be turned off to him because he has had some playoff flameouts.

Any interest in Rudy Gay at the right price? If so, whats that price? Eh, nevermind I guess. He has a player option and I can't see him opting out of $19M.

I look at the free agent class and I am not excited at all. Lowry is probably the person I have the most interest in and that isn't much to be honest. I'm always wary of guys who have career years in a contract year. I'm interested in more players but most have a legit reason we can't get them, either they would never come or they are restricted.

Patience might be the best trait to look for in the new GM. I want to win as bad as anyone, but not if that means running aimlessly into free agency and just signing guys to sign someone. I don't mind sitting on that money until next year or using it later in the year to make trades.

Definitely shouldn't sign anyone just to sign someone. If we can go get a Lowry or STephenson I'd be for it, but other than that sit tight. Maybe sign a Martell Webster type.

Man, my dream offseason of last year, Milsap,Teague,Webster, would be looking pretty good right now :(

I'll send them Smith for Gay on that one year. I'll even eat the extra 6 mil this year.

Still think Woodson has to be heavily considered as coach. His record is pretty damn phenomenal. Improved every year in Atlanta, couldn't get by Lebron but nothing to be ashamed of there. Took over a terrible NYK team and completely turned them around with a very strong finish, then a great season the next year resulting in the 2 seed. Lebron got in the way again. Terrible season last year obviously,but its the only thing close to a blemish on his resume. Not too many coaches(that become available) have one like that.

I think my four favorites are Jackson,Hollins,Woodson and Pinckney

I don't want to sign any big contracts just to sign them for sure, however I do want to see us be aggressive this offseason to change the locker room and identity of this team. One starter and a couple of glue guys in free agency are a must in my opinion. That's outside of at least one starter level trade that I feel needs to happen (either Jennings, Smith, or a Monroe S&T).

If we go into the season with the same cast of characters I'm going to be very disappointed. A new coach will be nice, but I don't even think Larry Brown could make this team into something I feel good about without major personnel changes. Bringing back Monroe, sitting on your hands in the trade market, signing one bench guy to round out the roster, and expecting significantly different results is the definition of insanity.

Definitely shouldn't sign anyone just to sign someone. If we can go get a Lowry or STephenson I'd be for it, but other than that sit tight. Maybe sign a Martell Webster type.

Man, my dream offseason of last year, Milsap,Teague,Webster, would be looking pretty good right now :(

They are probably better this year with Teague and Webster. Milsap would have been ok if you were moving Monroe at the same time in a trade.

They are probably better this year with Teague and Webster. Milsap would have been ok if you were moving Monroe at the same time in a trade.

I always thought Milsap was awesome in a 3rd big role. He's insurance if Monroe leaves, but i wouldn't have felt the need to trade him. It would have been a bit of a luxury, like Iggy to GS, but I think it makes us a much better team.

George Karl want's to be considered for the Pistons job. They should hire him as soon as they get a GM. They are not going to get a better coach than him.