Deleterious

30 for 30 - Bad Boys

Yes and they showed it on the 30 for 30.

I missed the first part.

So when people (I am usually in that group) wonder why the media made such a big deal about Detroit doing it, it was just more haters gonna hate on Detroit kind of thing?

I mean I lived that and lived in the city where it all happened and was a huge sports fan and I did not even know. Ask any NBA fan about the Pistons and walking off the court and they will know it.

I wonder why I cannot find any video about it?

Joe Dumars, and I think Salley too, stayed behind for the Bulls... as did Daly. Daly told Isiah that he'd regret doing it. I don't know if that's the reason he was kept off the Dream Team or a culmination but it was clearly Jordan who kept him off.

A search for this:

boston celtics walk off court 1988 pistons

Gives you nothing on video

detroit pistons walk off court 1991 bulls

Gives you pages and pages of video

I searched for it because I honestly did not recall Boston walking off the court. I was only 11 at the time. McHale saved that right? With the handshake? So if Joe D would have stopped to shake someones hand would it have mattered?

Was it a big deal because the game was not completely over yet? Did Boston walk off before the game was over?

It was a "big deal" because the media hated the Pistons and loved Michael Jordan.

You think the sixers and Celtics shook hands after their 80s playoffs? The Celtics and Lakers? Come on. Remember McHale clothes lining rambis? Nobody says McHale was dirty.

I was yelling at the TV last night. "See that? They got screwed by Boston in 87, screwed by LA in 88, and screwed by the media for the last 20 years. F*** Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, and Michael Jordan. And double f*** that lil b**** scottie pippen."

My wife went to bed shaking her head.

I mean I lived that and lived in the city where it all happened and was a huge sports fan and I did not even know. Ask any NBA fan about the Pistons and walking off the court and they will know it.

Because it wasn't seen as a big deal at the time. Boston didn't like Detroit, they lost, so their stars left the court early. But NBC Sports needed their drama and the NBA needed to stick it in the Pistons one last time.

This kind of shows it. But its a close up angle. They were shooting FT's when they walked off. Skip to about the 3:35 mark.

Y1y51UZ3AGs

I missed it last night because I was gone doing work until about 9:30 a.m. I'll see it tonight or on demand. I'm sure it's on demand.

It was a "big deal" because the media hated the Pistons and loved Michael Jordan.

You think the sixers and Celtics shook hands after their 80s playoffs? The Celtics and Lakers? Come on. Remember McHale clothes lining rambis? Nobody says McHale was dirty.

I was yelling at the TV last night. "See that? They got screwed by Boston in 87, screwed by LA in 88, and screwed by the media for the last 20 years. F*** Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, and Michael Jordan. And double f*** that lil b**** scottie pippen."

My wife went to bed shaking her head.

my favorite games were the ones where Vinny took over. I used to get such a kick out of the Microwave

my favorite games were the ones where Vinny took over. I used to get such a kick out of the Microwave

I loved the Microwave. I believe it was game 5 against Portland in the Finals when the Microwave made the winning shot.

Joe Dumars, and I think Salley too, stayed behind for the Bulls... as did Daly. Daly told Isiah that he'd regret doing it. I don't know if that's the reason he was kept off the Dream Team or a culmination but it was clearly Jordan who kept him off.

The All-Star freeze-out of Jordan didn't help, either, nor did Zeke's initial reaction to Magic's HIV or the Larry Bird "would be just another good black player" press conference. It was a tragedy Zeke was kept off the team, but it sure was fun watching him torch Stockton the next time they squared up following the announcement of the team.

I loved the Microwave. I believe it was game 5 against Portland in the Finals when the Microwave made the winning shot.

With 0:00.7 on the clock.

Terry Foster elaborated today on the radio what he touched in last night in the film. In Boston Daly tried to get Dantley out of the game and he wouldn't get off the court. After the game and the next day he overheard him tell McCloskey to "Get that (bleep) the (bleep) out of here"

Makes me wonder if they hadn't traded him but still won would he have been exposed in the expansion draft rather than Mahorn.

Couple of items:

\c. I knew there were some disagreements with Dantley in '89, but I didn't realize how disruptive he had become. Not sure if that is because I had rose colored glasses on because I liked his play or if the media somewhat shielded the fan base from how acrimonious that was becoming.

I don't think many people knew the extent of how disruptive A.D. had become. I know I didn't. I was 22 when they won their first title, so I remember that era well. It became a sort of Detroit cliche that the Bad Boys would have won those titles regardless of whether they made that trade, but after learning just how much of a team player Dantley wasn't, I doubt that's the case. Dantley was my mom's favorite Piston, and she never accepted Aguirre or got over the fact that they traded A.D. away, even after they won back-to-back titles, lol. I wonder if she would have changed her mind had she ever learned what a little ***** Dantley really was.

You should here all the bitching in chicago over that documentary. Makes me remember why I hate the bulls all over again. Still lying and whining after all these years.

You should here all the bitching in chicago over that documentary. Makes me remember why I hate the bulls all over again. Still lying and whining after all these years.

What are the *****ing about?

They didn't fellate Jordan enough in a documentary about the Pistons?

What are the *****ing about?

They didn't fellate Jordan enough in a documentary about the Pistons?

It's Chicago. In their minds, every documentary must fellate Jordan and the 85 Bears or it's not legit.

They got 6 titles and a general consensus that 94 and 95 dont count since their guy was suspended. ..

Isiah is a con-man, a great basketball player for sure, but a con-man in the rest of life, don't you just cringe when you hear him speak in that soft voice.

Just do not hire him as the GM, I think that is my biggest fear, not sure I could retain interest in the team if he is hired.

I always think politician when he talks. Subtle difference, I suppose.

Say what you will about Isiah, he was about winning and he worked his *** off to do what it took to win.

I appreciate Thomas' career as a player. I do not think he has the acumen to be the GM that the Pistons need. And I agree with the con man / politician description.

It is interesting to wonder how the Pistons would handled the expansion draft if Dantley were still on the team. The timing if the draft set by the NBA was simply ridiculous.

And I am shocked and curious how they got Jordan to compliment the Pistons enough to say that he thought that the Bulls needed the Pistons as obstacles to force them to improve themselves. Maybe he didn't intend it as a compliment, maybe I didn't take it the way that it was offered. It sure sounded respectful.