Motor City Sonics

Your playoff predictions - all the way through to the Stanley Cup.

Eastern

(E1) Boston over (wc) Detroit in 6

(E3) Montreal over (E2) Tampa Bay in 7

(WC) Columbus over (M1) Pittsburgh in 7

(M3) Philadelphia over (M2) NY Rangers in 6

----------

(E1) Boston over (E3) Montreal in 6

(WC) Columbus over (M3) Philadelphia in 7

--------

(E1) Boston over (WC) Columbus in 5

Western

(C1) Colorado over (WC) Minnesota in 5

(C3) Chicago over (C2) St. Louis in 5

(P1) Anaheim over (WC) Dallas in 5

(P3) Los Angeles over (P2) San Jose in 7

--------

(C3) Chicago over (C1) Colorado in 6

(P3) Los Angeles over (P1) Anaheim in 7

--------

(P3) Los Angeles over (C3) Chicago

STANLEY CUP FINALS

(E1) Boston over (P3) Los Angeles in 6

Those look pretty solid actually. I don't think it will be LA in the SCF vs. Boston though. Maybe this is finally the year for San Jose. Or St. Louis if they can right the ship and get past Chicago. I don't have Columbus going as far either, although I would like it if they did and I feel they're being underrated by many.

Eastern Conference

Round 1

Boston 4 - Detroit 1

Montreal 4 - Tampa Bay 2

Pittsburgh 4 - Columbus 2

New York Rangers 4 - Philadelphia 3

Round 2:

Boston 4 - Montreal 2

New York Rangers 4 - Pittsburgh 3

Conference Finals

Boston 4 - New York Rangers 2

Western Conference

Round 1

Colorado 4 - Minnesota 1

Chicago 4 - St. Louis 2

Dallas 4 - Anaheim 3

LA Kings 4 - San Jose 3

Round 2:

Colorado 4 - Dallas 1

Chicago 4 - LA Kings 2

Conference Finals

Chicago 4 - Colorado 2

Stanley Cup:

Chicago_Blackhawks.pngbostonlogo.jpg

Stanley Cup Champions

Chicago_Blackhawks.png

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

Habs outshoot Tampa 35-16 in regulation but it is 4-4 headed to OT.

Columbus playing Pittsburgh even, 3-3, with 13 minutes left in regulatoin.

This has been a great day of hockey. A triple-headed starting at 3pm ET has gone pretty much non-stop. I haven't watched it at long stretches at a time, but it's there to monitor:

- Hawks came back from 2-0 down to take a 3-2 lead on St. Loiuis. With 4 minutes to go, Seabrook knocks Backes out of the game with a suspendable hit so gets tagged with a 5 minute major. Hawks kill off most of it masterfully, until the Blues score with 8 seconds to go to tie it. Blues win in OT.

- Jackets were trailing the Penguins 3-1 but came back to tie it then won it in 20T for the franchise's 1st ever playoff victory

- 18-year Nathan McKinnon gets 1G 2A through 2 periods on highlight reel goals to bring us point total in these playoffs so far to 6. Avs lead 3-1.

Matt Cooke - who else - knocked Barrie of the Avs out of the playoffs tonight:

e1qsg7

Elsewhere, Jackets blew a 2-goal 3rd period lead at home to Pittsburgh and lost 4-3.

For first or second time offenders, with deliberate intent to injure plays, like this was (and please don't try to spin this as anything but) the penalty should be eye for an eye plus 10. If the player you purposely injured is out for 25 games, then you should miss the same 25 and then get a 10 game suspension when that player gets back. For people that have repeatedly done this, like Cooke, he should be finished. He ended Marc Savard's career, he should have been out for good after that. If this league wants to really clean things up - get rid of the criminals like Matt Cooke. Not even an Avs fan here, what I saw makes me sick and angry. If this was the old days someone would beat the snot out of him, but it's not so he gets away with it.

Edited by Motor City Sonics

Matt Cooke - who else - knocked Barrie of the Avs out of the playoffs tonight:

e1qsg7

Elsewhere, Jackets blew a 2-goal 3rd period lead at home to Pittsburgh and lost 4-3.

What a dirtball.

I've watched Matt Cooke play since his rookie year in the OHL with Windsor. He was a dirty player then, and still is. This should have never happened because Cooke should have been drummed out of the league years ago.

I've watched Matt Cooke play since his rookie year in the OHL with Windsor. He was a dirty player then, and still is. This should have never happened because Cooke should have been drummed out of the league years ago.

The NHL doesn't have the balls to do it. But then they'll keep chirping about player safety.

Ha, Fleury outdoes himself. Lazy, sloppy gaffe mishandling the puck behind the net. Jackets tie it with 20 seconds to go. OT coming up.

Here's Fleury horrible play on the game-tying goal with 20 seconds to go:

Here's Fleury's horrible miss on game-losing goal in OT:

Pierre McGuire: "That's just an easy save by Marc Andre Fleury and he just boots it".

Let us say you are Fleury and you like to gamble...so much so that you got in over your head...even making millions of dollars you are in the hole so bad you see no light...until Veto shows up at your door and not only says you will be square if you lose tonight, but we will add a little something extra in so you can get back in the hole again.

I am not saying that happened, but I also would not be shocked by it either. I like to gamble...quite a bit actually. Have not been in months, but feel the itch. I have never gambled more than I could afford to lose. A couple hundred bucks tops. It is a tough vice to have.