davidsb

04/02/2014: Detroit Tigers (Scherzer) vs Kansas City Royals (Vargas), 1:08

Listening to the San Fran broadcast of the Tues. Night game against Arizona.

They challenged a pick off play... something I consider kind of an over-use of the challenge... and lost.

A moment later Arizona scores on a wild pitch...guy was called safe... but is probably out. SF out of challenges. The Giants' announcers are whining... Instead of pointing out that maybe Bochy should have saved his challenge for a real play.

I have a feeling that the challenge might become annoying that every close play the challenge team is going to stall around until they look for a replay....

Edited by Titus Tiger

They challenged a pick off play... something I consider kind of an over-use of the challenge... and lost.

A moment later Arizona scores on a wild pitch...guy was called safe... but is probably out. SF out of challenges. The Giants' announcers are whining... Instead of pointing out that maybe Bochy should have saved his challenge for a real play.

I have a feeling that the challenge might become annoying that every close play the challenge team is going to stall around until they look for a replay....

The situation that you just described illustrates that not every close play will be scrutinized.

Learning curve.

The situation that you just described illustrates that not every close play will be scrutinized.

hobbits-cheering.gif

Lineup is out, and ausmus has Tyler Collins batting second.

It was a good run, but fire ausmus.

This BS that Collins hits lefties better than righties needs to be put to bed.

I saw a challenge in the Texas game last night and it was tooooooo sloooooooow.

Tigers 6 Royals 3. Scherzer 6 2/3 IP 2 runs 4 walks. Kinsler two doubles, Jackson homer.

I personally don't think that playing a guy whose swing got too long in the 2 spot is a horrible idea. Maybe it will help his approach. I am not so sure about doing so with a rookie that is unproven, and will be taking his first ML ab. Hopefully batting second will help his approach, and getting him an ab early will help settle him in.

2nd game of the year and Ausmus is already changing the line up around.

Maybe the 1st game lineup wasn't the standard lineup to begin with?

I saw a challenge in the Texas game last night and it was tooooooo sloooooooow.

There was a foul ball / home run review in the Toronto @ Tampa game that seemed unnecessarily long. Got the foul ball call correct.

There shouldn't even be challenges for replay. They should have an official in a booth, and s/he should just check each of the close plays and call down to the crew chief if one should be overturned.

There shouldn't even be challenges for replay. They should have an official in a booth, and s/he should just check each of the close plays and call down to the crew chief if one should be overturned.

I think it could be arranged for both. I think that having the 5th ump in the review booth ready to overturn anything s/he says without the need for a challenge is a fine idea.