davidsb

04/02/2014: Detroit Tigers (Scherzer) vs Kansas City Royals (Vargas), 1:08

From Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan, it is...

-20e86447b3d43ba0.JPG

DETROIT TIGERS

hosting the

Kansas City Royals

-7cfd74e733b65909.JPG

Pitching Match-up

Cy Scherzer vs. Jason Vargas

84424-9706896Fr.jpg84424-9706562Fr.jpg

Happy Birthday to these former Tigers:

Pete Incaviglia (50), Dick Radatz (d2005), Billy Pierce (87), Earl Johnson (d1994), Cotton Peppen (d1981), Harry Moran (d1962), Ed Siever (d1920), Hughie Jennings (d1928)

mlb_g_jennings_275.jpg

FoxSportsDetroit.png

Vargas is crap. We usually hit really well versus finesse, low K, fly ball pitchers like him. So, knowing that, he'll probably throw 7 shutout innings.

Textbook W coming up on Tuesday. Scherzer, Joba, Nathan. Cabrera and Jackson go yard.

6-2 Tigers.

The birthdays are a nice touch

davidsb

Thank you. Wanted to do something a little different. I plan on doing Motown member birthdays also but no one current has had one the first two games.

I have a question --- not meant to be snarky...

The Trading Cards you have been using in the headings... is that what they look like... ? I haven't bought a card in forty years... for some reason I thought cards would have more pizzaz or something --- like three-D or little LED lights...

Nice job davidsb. One thing for sure, this is a Tigers dominant sports site and the games threads are set up nicely. Go blue/brown eye guy. Hope you win 20 so some other team can pay out the kazoo.

Thank you. Wanted to do something a little different. I plan on doing Motown member birthdays also but no one current has had one the first two games.

Cracking photography as well, kudos!

My cousin's brother in law's nephew's brother has a birthday Wednesday. His name is Phil McCracken.

Put that in your game thread.

Well that sucks for us with hot stove birthdays.

Well that sucks for us with hot stove birthdays.

I have always wanted to legally change mine to Opening Day. Doubt that it is possible to do that.

I have a question --- not meant to be snarky...

The Trading Cards you have been using in the headings... is that what they look like... ? I haven't bought a card in forty years... for some reason I thought cards would have more pizzaz or something --- like three-D or little LED lights...

The first two game threads have featured cards from the 2014 Topps Heritage set. The set is made to resemble the 1965 Topps set. Topps has a regular base set that will be featured throughout the year as will many other sets.

I'll make my yearly objection to the off-day after Opening Day. The opener is hardly ever postponed, and in the rare years that it is, tough. After waiting all winter for baseball, I detest having to wait a whole day after Opening Day for the next game.

They ought to make the first couple weeks of the year flexible games. Today is going to be so much better than tomorrow. If you buy tickets to those games, be aware the dates could change because of good weather along with bad.